ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 41 of 256
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:12 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Pre-ordered Horizon and will do the same with TLoU 2. Resident Evil has to show me something before I get excited about it. They've fallen a long way over the years.

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 12:11 PM 12-17-2016
I pre-ordered the collector's edition of RE7. I have VR. I haven't played much at all due to nursing school. Look forward to hit it hard during winter break.
[Reply]
hometeam 03:35 PM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I'm gonna play Revelation Online when it comes out. Used to like playing Aion and this seems pretty close. Couple buddies will join.
I have played some of the CBT, its kind of a funny tweak but just another UI cluttered, asian style MMO.

Speaking of that, Archeage just launched fresh start servers this week that can only be accessed by new accounts, took out all the p2w elements.I have been putting in some time on that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:02 PM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
No TLoU 2 thread? I can't fucking wait!! Red Dead 2 and TLoU are going to be super dope. Also waiting on RE7 and Horizon Zero Dawn.

There's a thread around here somewhere.

It didn't get much action though.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:23 PM 12-17-2016
cant wait for RE on VR.

Time to wear some depends!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:47 PM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There's a thread around here somewhere.

It didn't get much action though.
Ah ok. It's still a ways away obviously so no biggie. Just loved the first one. Have beaten it twice in 2 weeks. Beat it on grounded mode. What a tough bitch that was.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:02 AM 12-18-2016
I've had it for months now but just can't play it. It's too intense.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:56 AM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I have played some of the CBT, its kind of a funny tweak but just another UI cluttered, asian style MMO.

Speaking of that, Archeage just launched fresh start servers this week that can only be accessed by new accounts, took out all the p2w elements.I have been putting in some time on that.
Yeah. That's fine by me. I enjoy those games. 2nd Beta in 2 days.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:50 PM 12-23-2016
PSN has the Telltale Undead Survival Bundle on sale for $13.74.

- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
- The Walking Dead: Season Two
- The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries
- 7 Days to Die (plus all four additional DLC skin packs)
[Reply]
Gonzo 04:37 PM 12-23-2016
Let's revisit Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt real quick.

The only game I've ever replayed more than this is Bloodborne. I fucking loved that one. However, I have got to admit that Witcher 3 may nearly be perfect. I stepped away from it for a while and I can tell you that the only thing I really dislike is the first 3 to 5 hours. It's so difficult to get engrained with a game that has such a slow beginning. I know of a reviewer or two that said they couldn't get past the initial tutorial and first few quests that they didn't recommend this game.
However, if one can be patient and if you like RPG's (or if you want to get into one) you need to get this game with the two expansions. If you do so, you'll have well over 200 hours of gameplay that is in no way boring or repetitive.

The Devs have given out at least 35 hours of free DLC that automatically downloads since the games release. They continue to refine the game and make it better as well.

If you haven't played it, or if you aren't sure, ask me anything about it. So many cool stories. CD Projekt Red is either the best or second best developer now. They're right there with Naughty Dog.
[Reply]
MrGiggity 02:57 AM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:

The only game I've ever replayed more than this is Bloodborne. I ****ing loved that one. However, I have got to admit that Witcher 3 may nearly be perfect. I stepped away from it for a while and I can tell you that the only thing I really dislike is the first 3 to 5 hours. It's so difficult to get engrained with a game that has such a slow beginning. I know of a reviewer or two that said they couldn't get past the initial tutorial and first few quests that they didn't recommend this game.
However, if one can be patient and if you like RPG's (or if you want to get into one) you need to get this game with the two expansions. If you do so, you'll have well over 200 hours of gameplay that is in no way boring or repetitive.

The Devs have given out at least 35 hours of free DLC that automatically downloads since the games release. They continue to refine the game and make it better as well.

If you haven't played it, or if you aren't sure, ask me anything about it. So many cool stories. CD Projekt Red is either the best or second best developer now. They're right there with Naughty Dog.
Have been debating whether to get this and/or Skyrim. I love Fallout, but am not sure about the whole magic, dragon, etc elements of the game. CONVINCE ME GODDAMNIT
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:36 AM 12-24-2016
It's funny that you said what you just did about The Witcher 3. I played the tutorial and did the first quest and it really didn't grab me. I do plan to go back but I was starting to wonder why everyone was crazy about it.

I played Skyrim on PS3 and logged about 120 hours on it. Think of it as Fallout in a medieval setting. I had the most fun playing a warrior with a 2 handed sword. I never really got into playing a mage.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:04 AM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by MrGiggity:
Have been debating whether to get this and/or Skyrim. I love Fallout, but am not sure about the whole magic, dragon, etc elements of the game. CONVINCE ME GODDAMNIT
There are no dragons in Witcher 3. It is a pretty gritty setting more akin to fantasy WWI than your normal fantasy setting. It does have monsters, elves, and magic but not like your typical fantasy setting. It is closer to Dragon Age: Origins than Skyrim which is more of a typical fantasy setting.

The really only disappointing thing in Witcher 3 is that Roche is less badass on screen than he was in Witcher 2.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:27 AM 12-26-2016
I received Total War: Warhammer as a Xmas gift. I've played a dozen hours already and really like it. it seems harder than the average TW game. I will probably play a campaign or 2 and then get an overhaul mod and play some more campaigns.

first impression: 8/10

I liked TW:shogun2 a lot but it would slow down on my computer. Warhammer runs great on the same PC. I have the candy turned up and it runs pretty smooth. I get minor slowdown in huge battles.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:18 AM 12-26-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:

The only game I've ever replayed more than this is Bloodborne. I ****ing loved that one. However, I have got to admit that Witcher 3 may nearly be perfect. I stepped away from it for a while and I can tell you that the only thing I really dislike is the first 3 to 5 hours. It's so difficult to get engrained with a game that has such a slow beginning. I know of a reviewer or two that said they couldn't get past the initial tutorial and first few quests that they didn't recommend this game.

Witcher 3 is an absolute ****ing masterpiece. I thought it'd be kind of clunky considering the third person fighting, but it was very smooth and just flat out glorious.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 256
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up