ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 100 of 252
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:27 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Apex is fantastic, though falls short of PUBG for tension. However when I play Apex, I cant help but think I would rather just be playing Titanfall 2.
I see the similarities with Titan fall but not the comparison; maybe it’s been awhile since I played TF2
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:47 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I see the similarities with Titan fall but not the comparison; maybe it’s been awhile since I played TF2
The gunplay/feedback of the weapons is the same, as is the universe it takes place in. I guess what I am saying, is if I want to play a battle royale, PUBG does this best. If I want a tight, fast paced FPS, then Titanfall 2 does it best. This game sits right between the two.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:30 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Currently downloading Metro Exodus. Never played the older Metro games, but I think I'll be okay. From everything I've seen this appears to be a combination of Fallout and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Right up my alley.
Played a few hours over the weekend. Beautifully detailed and mostly fun, but also somewhat annoying. Fairly complex control system takes some getting used to; I kept accidently switching out my primary weapon when looting bodies. There also doesn't seem to be a quest log, a very limited HUD with no directional markers (there's a wrist compass, but it seems fairly useless), and like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the player character doesn't level up; instead he just finds better shit as the game progresses. Plus, the wife character is already getting on my nerves - sort of like a bossy Lydia who keeps getting into trouble.

But that aside, the gameplay is great.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:58 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Apex is fantastic, though falls short of PUBG for tension. However when I play Apex, I cant help but think I would rather just be playing Titanfall 2.
PUBG is the best in my opinion
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:32 PM 02-25-2019
Exodus looks like a blast
[Reply]
hometeam 07:45 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
It's a blast. Playing through a second time now on Ranger Hardcore. To you PC peeps. How much would it cost me to build a fairly nice PC? Something that could play current, and immediate future games at fairly high settings? $1.5-2k? I can afford that pretty comfortably right now. Just not sure if its worth it when I only play about 5 games a year. The game looks great on PS4 Pro but I'm sure its really something else on PC.
that will get you a good high end PC if you build it yourself
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 09:13 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
that will get you a good high end PC if you build it yourself
I’ve never attempted anything like that before. Know of any good guides? Should I just google/YouTube it?
[Reply]
vailpass 09:38 PM 02-25-2019
I’ve never attempted anything like that before. Know of any good guides? Should I just google/YouTube it?
Use the Search This Forum tool located top right.
Go Advanced.
Enter “Build” in keyword search.
Profit.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 09:59 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Use the Search This Forum tool located top right.
Go Advanced.
Enter “Build” in keyword search.
Profit.
Thanks
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:25 PM 02-25-2019
Also check out Tom's Hardware. It's a good place to get advice. Their forums are also excellent.

https://www.tomshardware.com

When you get to actually picking components, hit up PC Part Picker.

https://pcpartpicker.com
[Reply]
patteeu 03:23 AM 02-26-2019
Start a thread with a budget and your intended usage and see if someone will recommend a build for you.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:50 AM 02-26-2019
one of these days, I'm going to build, or have someone build, me a computer that will be robust enough to simply run a flight simulator. I'm not there yet, but once life calms down a bit and I can get a dedicated spot in the house or basement to build a place for the sim (i've got yoke, throttles, electircal panel etc, cockpit attachments) and set up a multi screen flight deck/cockpit....I'll pull the trigger on a computer.

CP will be my first stop if/when that happens. Lot of knowledeable folks on here.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01:27 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Start a thread with a budget and your intended usage and see if someone will recommend a build for you.
I might do this. Will probably have to wait until the end of this semester. Not enough time right now. Thanks, everyone.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:38 PM 02-26-2019
so fuckin easy bro, a couple youtube videos and you are set.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:09 PM 02-26-2019
I will warn you, it is a serious undertaking. Luckily one of my best friends is a high level computer geek, and with his assistance/supervision I've done most of the work on my last couple of builds. Swapping out components once it's done isn't so bad, but I wouldn't attempt an actual build without him actually being there. It's a bitch. So many ways you can screw it up, and expect at least one component to be defective, even if you paid enough that it shouldn't be. Last time one of my RAM sticks was bad. The hardest part, though, is running all the goddamn cables and making sure they're connected in the right spots. It's not exactly intuitive.

Unless you are completely confident in your ability, I strongly suggest that you find somebody knowledgeable and experienced to help you. And get a big case. That makes it much easier, but even then it's a major pain.

Good luck.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 252
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up