ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 205
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
DaKCMan AP 08:11 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I liked the whole Wade burka getup at the end.
:-) I don't know what his deal was today.
-King- 08:14 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Wrong, I'm a Kobe fan. I generally like the Lakers as a team more than the Heat (Metta is one of my favorite players in the league, if not my favorite). I just don't get how people can watch the two play (LeBron and Kobe) and objectively call Kobe the superior player. He's not.
LeBron is the more talented player, I'll give him that. He's the most talented player ever in the NBA. But yeah, I'd still take Kobe over him. There's no way his skillset should be so limited. Like DJsleftnut used to say, he's been in the league 8 years and still relies on pure talent.
Hammock Parties 08:16 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
:-) I don't know what his deal was today.
Depressed at being the beta to Kobe's alpha.

He'll never win another title, because the league won't ever hand him anther one on a silver platter.

Fake baller gets owned when crunchtime comes.
Hammock Parties 08:24 PM 03-04-2012
Bitter baller face

dirk digler 08:29 PM 03-04-2012
Rose is simply amazing
Chiefs Pantalones 08:30 PM 03-04-2012
Wow Rose. Straight up nasty.
Hammock Parties 08:34 PM 03-04-2012
Rose > Wade
KevB 09:18 PM 03-04-2012
Again, Rose not afraid to take that big shot with 20 seconds even if it's not a great shot. I'd rather he shoot that circus shot that Boozer spot up from 18 with an open jumper.
okcchief 11:41 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by KevB:
Again, Rose not afraid to take that big shot with 20 seconds even if it's not a great shot. I'd rather he shoot that circus shot that Boozer spot up from 18 with an open jumper.
Yes
KC_Connection 02:17 AM 03-05-2012
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/L...-legend-030412

Originally Posted by :
No one benefits from LeBron hate more than Kobe Bryant.

Hatred of LeBron — more than even Kobe’s five championship rings — is the primary reason Kobe is allowed to delude himself with the notion that he is on equal footing with Magic and Bird and in hot pursuit of Michael Jordan’s legacy.

We sell the false Kobe narrative because it fuels and justifies our disdain for King James. The closer Kobe is to NBA royalty, the more distance James must travel and the more people he must pass to get a seat at the table reserved for Jordan, Magic and Bird. LeBron haters don’t want him anywhere near the NBA’s Lord, Savior and Holy Ghost. Lebron is Judas, in the haters’ mind, the man who betrayed Cleveland. Kobe is Peter, Jordan’s most trusted disciple.

Sunday, inside Staples Center, Kobe spread more of his false gospel. He dropped 33 points in a 93-83 victory over the visiting Heat. His congregation loved it. It was more proof that Kobe is unrivaled in this era, that James and Dwyane Wade are young stars with a long haul if they ever want to be in the same class as Kobe the Great.

“What I have left to accomplish, those players retired a long time ago,” Bryant said Friday night. “At this point my rivals, in terms of what I have left to accomplish, (left the game) when Magic and Michael retired.”

Yep. That’s the delusion LeBron hate empowers.

Well, I don’t hate LeBron or Kobe. I love basketball. I don’t care if Kobe wins eight championships, he’s not on the same level as Jordan, Magic, Bird or even the title-less King James. That’s not hatred of Kobe or the Lakers. It’s an objective statement of fact.

Jim Jones 03:21 AM 03-05-2012
Well, that'll be a nice consolation for LeBron James if he ends his career with no championships. "But..Jason Whitlock loves me!".

I do find it funny that Kobe gets dragged into the "LeBron hate" somehow considering A.) He has nothing to do with it (Whitlock's terrible article is just reaching for an angle) and B.) Kobe has been as "hated on" throughout his career as any player in NBA history.

In fact, nobody "hated" LeBron until last summer. I don't even think anyone really "hates" him now. They just don't like the way everything went down last summer and don't like his persona and arrogance. Criticism doesn't always equal hate, KC Connection. I hope you aren't as defensive and whiny in real life as you are on this board.
kcxiv 03:37 AM 03-05-2012
lol, Yeah, that idiot said KObe doesnt play defense. lol He even watch the game or see Kobe playing against elite players. He does very well. He even Guards little ass dudes like Derrick Rose, Russel Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, when he shouldnt be guarding dudes like that. Hell, he even gaurded Lebron James today and didnt let James force his way in on a post up and Lebron took a 10 foot left handed hook which missed EVERYTHINg for an airball.

Whitlock was hell of trolling. Nevermind KObe's averagein 29, 6 and 5. Thats pretty good for just a scorer. lol
KC_Connection 03:47 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
I do find it funny that Kobe gets dragged into the "LeBron hate" somehow considering A.) He has nothing to do with it (Whitlock's terrible article is just reaching for an angle) and B.) Kobe has been as "hated on" throughout his career as any player in NBA history.
This Kobe vs. LeBron thing has been going on among NBA fans for years now. On basketball boards, you regularly see this debate break out in threads that have nothing to do with the two players. Heck, people have been comparing them frequently in this very thread. The comparison is nothing new, nor is Whitlock really reaching for an angle. He wrote that article, I'm sure, because he knows a ton of people have strong opinions about it.

Originally Posted by :
In fact, nobody "hated" LeBron until last summer. I don't even think anyone really "hates" him now. They just don't like the way everything went down last summer and don't like his persona and arrogance. Criticism doesn't always equal hate, KC Connection.
Hate, dislike, whatever. It's quite clear that you (and others like you) don't like the guy and are willing to go to ridiculous, unreasonable lengths to criticize him because of it.

I've personally never liked LeBron much because I feel he cares too much about what other people and the media think about him (he's like the complete opposite of Barry Bonds, he has an unceasing need to be liked), but my feelings about him won't stop me from objectively analyzing his game. It's the kind of objectivity that you should try.

Originally Posted by :
I hope you aren't as defensive and whiny in real life as you are on this board.
In real life, I certainly try to defend reason over irrationality, ignorance and delusions like I do here, yes.
KC_Connection 03:49 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
lol, Yeah, that idiot said KObe doesnt play defense. lol He even watch the game or see Kobe playing against elite players. He does very well. He even Guards little ass dudes like Derrick Rose, Russel Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, when he shouldnt be guarding dudes like that. Hell, he even gaurded Lebron James today and didnt let James force his way in on a post up and Lebron took a 10 foot left handed hook which missed EVERYTHINg for an airball.

Whitlock was hell of trolling. Nevermind KObe's averagein 29, 6 and 5. Thats pretty good for just a scorer. lol
Kobe isn't a bad defensive player, this is true. He's quite good, though he's slowed a bit over the years. But LeBron is one of the few elite defensive players in the league, in addition to being the best offensive player.
kcxiv 04:00 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Kobe isn't a bad defensive player, this is true. He's quite good, though he's slowed a bit over the years. But LeBron is one of the few elite defensive players in the league, in addition to being the best offensive player.
Lebron is the best player in the league from the start of a game til 5 min left in the 4th quarter. There is NO doubt about that. Lebron is a fucking beast. No one will ever say he isnt.

He's the most gifted NBA player there has been since Wilt Chamberlain probably. No one will despute that.
Page 81 of 205
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up