ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 179 of 205
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
staylor26 05:30 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
We have a legal system in place to decide whether or not a person, regardless of color, is guilty or innocent of any alleged crime, with punishment applicable to said crime.

People aren't supposed to be murdered before their day in court.
Of course they aren’t, but that’s why you have your day in court as opposed to resisting and holding court on the street. The moment you do that it creates an entire different situation because the cops has a gun and is responsible for it.

Cops still have a right to protect themselves. If you are fighting with them, who’s to say you aren’t going for a gun when you’re opening your car door and reaching inside?
eDave 05:30 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
If I wasn't already not watching, I wouldn't be watching now.

Much like the cops and their shooting, I think the players have taken it too far now.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
BWillie 05:31 PM 08-26-2020
:-)

You're just as ****ing dumb as they day you first posted on Chiefsplanet.

Do you really think that people around this country can't take Personal Days or PTO to demonstrate?

These NBA players are LIVING IN A ****ING BUBBLE for your entertainment. It should be okay if they decide to take an unexpected day off.
98% of people in this country if they called their employer right now and said "I'm not going to work tomorrow because I'm protesting something that happened in the world that I don't agree with" would get reprimanded. This is not planned time off. This is like, nope. I'm not working. You can't make me.

As normal, celebrities and athletes don't have to live in the same world that the rest of us do as a result of the great exceptions they have that are routinely made for them. What a life.
Mecca 05:32 PM 08-26-2020
Mariners aren't playing now.
Deberg_1990 05:33 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Mariners aren't playing now.
status of the Royals and Cards?
Mecca 05:33 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
98% of people in this country if they called their employer right now and said "I'm not going to work tomorrow because I'm protesting something that happened in the world that I don't agree with" would get reprimanded. This is not planned time off. This is like, nope. I'm not working. You can't make me.

As normal, celebrities and athletes don't have to live in the same world that the rest of us do as a result of the great exceptions they have that are routinely made for them. What a life.
They're the .0001% for the level of what they do. If you were that level of what you do, I'm guessing you'd have different rules too. Anyone that compares regular jobs to athletics needs to stop because it's not the same.
eDave 05:37 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Oh bullshit. Where the hell do you work that requires you to give reasoning for a day off?
dj56dt58 05:37 PM 08-26-2020

Do you really think that people around this country can't take Personal Days or PTO to demonstrate?

These NBA players are LIVING IN A ****ING BUBBLE for your entertainment. It should be okay if they decide to take an unexpected day off.
You are fucking STUPID. Comparing this to pto? god your fucking dumb. Players get a whole fucking offseason. Let's not act like someone is calling in sick. They are flat out refusing to do their job because they would rather support criminals.
petegz28 05:37 PM 08-26-2020
So games are getting canceled because players are pissed because Cops shot a guy that was going for a knife? Yeah...that's gonna go over well

KENOSHA, Wis. - Officials with the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Criminal Investigation on Wednesday evening, Aug. 26 released the name of the officer who shot Jacob Blake Sunday, Aug. 23, Kenosha Police Officer Rusten Sheskey, a seven-year veteran. DOJ officials said Blake "admitted that he had a knife in his possession" Sunday evening.
https://www.fox6now.com/news/doj-ide...lake-had-knife
BigCatDaddy 05:38 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
You are ****ing STUPID. Comparing this to pto? god your ****ing dumb. Players get a whole ****ing offseason. Let's not act like someone is calling in sick. They are flat out refusing to do their job because they would rather support criminals.
Not just criminals. Pedophiles.
petegz28 05:39 PM 08-26-2020

These players are living in a bubble because they get paid millions of $'s. Don't pretend otherwise.
Mecca 05:40 PM 08-26-2020

NBA players aren't "the rest of us" https://t.co/034rS1VU3T

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) August 26, 2020

petegz28 05:43 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The fact they are sitting down because a criminal who was going for a knife was shot says more about these athletes than it does the cops.
PAChiefsGuy 05:44 PM 08-26-2020
It disgusts me the anti-cop attitude going on in this country right now. These men and women risk their lives on a daily basis to protect us from vicious criminals.

Since this anti-cop attitude has started to spread throughout the country crime, in particular shootings, are up big time.
BigRedChief 05:45 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
status of the Royals and Cards?
When the NBA quit last time, the whole country went into a lockdown and everything canceled within 48 hours.
Page 179 of 205
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189 > Last »
Up