ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Media Center>Jack Reacher
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:14 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
One of the movies was on the other night and it was so terrible it took me about 3-4 minutes to determine that it wasn't in fact satire and I'm supposed to believe a 5ft 6inch 140lbs Tom Cruise it out there smoking guys twice his size.
We did believe a 5'8" Rocky knocked out a huge Russian...
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:19 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
We did believe a 5'8" Rocky knocked out a huge Russian...

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 PM 12-06-2023
Just in case I haven't mentioned this before - Rosamund Pike is hot as the surface of the sun in that movie.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just in case I haven't mentioned this before - Rosamund Pike is hot as the surface of the sun in that movie.
Yes. Yes she is. Not even all that good of a performance, but she is blazing hot.
[Reply]
UteChief 11:44 PM 12-06-2023
Just curious how old you are.
[Reply]
RockChalk 06:07 AM 12-08-2023
BLAZINGGGGGGGGGG

That said, she is so batshit crazy in Gone Girl that I can't seem to eliminate her being anything but a complete psycho.
[Reply]
UteChief 05:35 PM 12-10-2023
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
BLAZINGGGGGGGGGG

That said, she is so batshit crazy in Gone Girl that I can't seem to eliminate her being anything but a complete psycho.
The hot crazy index seems to be appropriate here.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:11 PM 12-14-2023
It dropped early... Episode 1 is available

Edit: 2 and 3 also
[Reply]
007 07:25 PM 12-14-2023
"Who is Sarah Connor?"

:-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:01 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
"Who is Sarah Connor?"

:-)
That was pretty funny but to be honest this first episode isn't giving me warm fuzzy vibes about the writing. The writing was just plain shitty... quick, we need a password guessed but you can only use three guesses in 2 minutes before it is erases... wtf? That was probably the worst but there was plenty of stinkers.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:30 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
That was pretty funny but to be honest this first episode isn't giving me warm fuzzy vibes about the writing. The writing was just plain shitty... quick, we need a password guessed but you can only use three guesses in 2 minutes before it is erases... wtf? That was probably the worst but there was plenty of stinkers.
nah, they follow the way it is in the books. It's fiction. I can enjoy Superman movies knowing people really can't fly.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:27 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
nah, they follow the way it is in the books. It's fiction. I can enjoy Superman movies knowing people really can't fly.
Shows having good writers are required even when they are trying to follow a book. They need to change stupid shit and make it better for an audience. That wasn't much better than having some guy show up that could fly in the show with Reacher. It would be just dumb to do that. So was that part with the guessing the password bit. Just dumb. Another one was the dumb ass thing about the mail box. Oh... you are so smart cause he guessed that he would store something in the post office across the street herpa derpa... Oh he would have a box on the right side because his penis hangs that way... herpa derpa.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:55 PM 12-15-2023
Shows having good writers are required even when they are trying to follow a book. They need to change stupid shit and make it better for an audience. That wasn't much better than having some guy show up that could fly in the show with Reacher. It would be just dumb to do that. So was that part with the guessing the password bit. Just dumb. Another one was the dumb ass thing about the mail box. Oh... you are so smart cause he guessed that he would store something in the post office across the street herpa derpa... Oh he would have a box on the right side because his penis hangs that way... herpa derpa.
Reacher's whole persona, if you have read the books, is his intuitiveness and ability to access a situation quickly and determine what most likely took place. On the mailbox, with hundreds to choose from he deducted the general area and size of the box that he would have used, eliminating most of the boxes. The writers would have put that in to show a pattern to folks who haven't read the books and are new to the series. I enjoyed the 3 episodes out as I can suspend reality for action movies. Sounds like you didn't.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:05 PM 12-16-2023
Spoiler!

It's shit like that that just kills a show/movie for me.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:04 AM 12-15-2023
7 minutes of entertainment.

[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up