ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 386
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:48 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I assume you are talking about this.

And don't open and click the spoiled link unless you want a major plot point spoiled for you.

Spoiler!
Sure am. Looks pretty...definitive.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:56 PM 02-02-2018
I havent seen the spoilers yet. But, I'm going to read the spoilers because april 2019 is a long way off. So I'm going to put this here while its just speculation.....

There is no way the north or kings landing can defeat the night walkers. 100K strong with a dragon that can take down the wall. How do the castle walls stand up better than that? The unsullied, dorthraki and northern armies dont have 100K do they? The Lannister armies?

Even if they could, why couldn't the night king just raise the dead in the battle and keep going?

The only way they defeat the white walkers is by killing the night king because he is controlling the army and then the 100K stop attacking the north or kings landing, whichever is hosting the final battle.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:12 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Sure am. Looks pretty...definitive.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:39 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
underEJ 02:56 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I havent seen the spoilers yet. But, I'm going to read the spoilers because april 2019 is a long way off. So I'm going to put this here while its just speculation.....

There is no way the north or kings landing can defeat the night walkers. 100K strong with a dragon that can take down the wall. How do the castle walls stand up better than that? The unsullied, dorthraki and northern armies dont have 100K do they? The Lannister armies?

Even if they could, why couldn't the night king just raise the dead in the battle and keep going?

The only way they defeat the white walkers is by killing the night king because he is controlling the army and then the 100K stop attacking the north or kings landing, whichever is hosting the final battle.
The show and the books too play fast and loose with army numbers all the time to put the disadvantage where they feel it best serves the story. When they do finally say how many dothraki are with her in Westeros, it could be just about any number they want. Drogo's khalasar had 40,000 fighters (Viserys states this more than once while ranting about his army.) Even if the other khalasars are half the size or less, there are a ton of dothraki now that she unified all the khalasars. Could they transport 100K to westeros? Probably not all at once, but sure if the story needs 100k dothraki in westeros, it could work.

As the army of the dead moves through the north, it will get bigger, but there really isn't known story logic for how big or why. They are training every northerner over 10 or something to fight in some way. Will they have any effect on the size of the NK's army? Do grandmas fight better before or after they are dead? No clue. I have no idea what they might decide to do even after looking at that spoiler.

I suspect you are right about stopping the NK being the correct strategy, but each white walker is controlling part of the army so they'll have to be handled as well. There are 10? of those known to be remaining, or 9 I don't know how fast that baby would become one.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:06 AM 02-03-2018
Tv heads up:

Miguel Sapochnik (Hardhome,Battle of the Bastards) Directed the first episode of “Altered Carbon “ that dropped on Netflix this weekend.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:57 PM 02-06-2018
Wellllll this is at least better than that stupid confederacy wins the war thing they going to do.

“Game of Thrones” creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going to write and produce a new series of “Star Wars” films, Disney announced on Tuesday.

The new series will be separate from the main episodic Skywalker saga that started with “Star Wars: A New Hope” and is slated to wrap up with 2019’s “Star Wars: Episode IX.” It will also exist independently from a Rian Johnson-helmed series that was announced last year.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:32 PM 02-10-2018
Have any of you guys been to the GoT Live Concert Experience?

It looks pretty cool...just bought tickets for October in STL.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:35 PM 02-11-2018
Don't care if this is a repost.

[Reply]
Bowser 01:08 PM 02-11-2018
Outstanding
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:24 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Don't care if this is a repost.

That might be the best summation of just about anything I've seen in a while. Every bit important, and none of it superfluous or wonkish, all building the story succinctly and in an emotionally resonant manner.

I'm half stoked to marathon back through the entire saga, and half pissed over how long we still have to wait for resolution.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:53 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That might be the best summation of just about anything I've seen in a while. Every bit important, and none of it superfluous or wonkish, all building the story succinctly and in an emotionally resonant manner.

I'm half stoked to marathon back through the entire saga, and half pissed over how long we still have to wait for resolution.
Videos like this also remind me that while they’ve had some weak sauce moments over the last three seasons, they’ve always kept their eyes on the prize.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:18 PM 02-11-2018
The Hand of the Queen one is my favorite of those.

https://youtu.be/J1TL-EQWtvo
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:05 PM 02-11-2018
Those are sweet.

I have to say I'm partial to Jaime's. Oathbreaker and Oathkeeper.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:55 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Those are sweet.

I have to say I'm partial to Jaime's. Oathbreaker and Oathkeeper.
The music was a distraction. Richter's Departure is indelibly tied to The Leftovers.

:-) :-) - Apparently this is already a meme

[Reply]
Page 148 of 386
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up