ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 232
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:17 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
You really don't think the Celtics or Pistons were great teams the first half of Jordan's career?
I would assume we are talking about during Jordan's final appearance years.
[Reply]
TEX 12:17 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Hmm not really. You basically just had the Knicks and Shaq's very short career in Orlando.
Hello...Boston??? Detroit??? I'll ask you too - is your opinion based on your generation? This is unreal. It's like there was no basketball played before some of you started watching it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04-29-2018, 12:20 PM
This message has been deleted by BigCatDaddy.
BigCatDaddy 12:21 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Love the comparisons, though one thing the Lebronies almost never bring up is that the East has been by far the weaker conference during LeBrons career while during Jordan's career the East was quite strong, stronger than the West.
The East doesn't have 1 marketable player in the playoffs besides Lebron. Ratings would go to shit for those games if the Cavs were out in round 1.

Maybe Simmons.one day gets to be a households name.. not seeing much else.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:24 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Hello...Boston??? Detroit??? I'll ask you too - is your opinion based on your generation? This is unreal. It's like there was no basketball played before some of you started watching it.
Miller-Smits-Mark Jackson Pacers were good as well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:25 PM 04-29-2018
He really isn't. Jordan and Chamberlin were arguably both better. Did you every see them play? Or do you just favor LeBron because he's of your generation?
I've seen all of them play (Wilt only through tape obviously). LeBron is better than both of those you cite and anyone else remotely in the conversation and the statistics support that.
[Reply]
-King- 12:27 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
This guy is so much better than anybody who ever played this game. What a privilege it is to watch him play at this level still.
Do you ever come up for air?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
vailpass 12:30 PM 04-29-2018
Hmm not really. You basically just had the Knicks and Shaq's very short career in Orlando.
:-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:34 PM 04-29-2018
Yes I saw the Bad Boys. Loved Jordan and the Bulls. Jordan and LeBron are 1a and 1b to me. Both amazing basketball players who changed the sport. Difference in basketball today is the game has involved analytically into a sport where 3 point shooting is more important. Also the days of the 7 footers who plant their ass in the lane has turned into 7 footers who are freak gifted athletes who play the 3 position now.
[Reply]
tk13 12:45 PM 04-29-2018
Here come the Pacers. Comeback to take the lead.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:47 PM 04-29-2018
The physicality is also much different. Showed my 10 year kid highlights of the Knicks/Bulls series back in the day. He was a bit stunned how the game was played back then.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:53 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The physicality is also much different. Showed my 10 year kid highlights of the Knicks/Bulls series back in the day. He was a bit stunned how the game was played back then.

[Reply]
Miles 12:53 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That part makes it difficult to make blanket statements when comparing players across eras.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:54 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Miller-Smits-Mark Jackson Pacers were good as well.
During Jordan's 6 championship seasons, Pacers had 4 first round playoff loses, 1 season where they didn't qualify and 1 Eastern Conference Final where Jordan beat them. The Pacers did their damage the years when Jordan was playing baseball and after he retried.
[Reply]
tk13 12:57 PM 04-29-2018
During Jordan's 6 championship seasons, Pacers had 4 first round playoff loses, 1 season where they didn't qualify and 1 Eastern Conference Final where Jordan beat them. The Pacers did their damage the years when Jordan was playing baseball and after he retried.

Yeah but they might have been the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league those last couple years. In 98 the Pacers could have legitimately beat the Bulls, pushed them right to the edge. Probably the hardest Jordan was ever pushed during that run, which is saying something. They were a really good team that ran into the Bulls and then the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.
[Reply]
tk13 01:21 PM 04-29-2018
Kevin Love is bringing it home.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 232
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up