ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA Survey: Clark rated with an F-
dirk digler 10:33 AM 02-28-2024
I don't get this.

The @NFLPA just released their player team report cards for 2024 and the results are ... suboptimal for the Chiefs.

Head coach Andy Reid gets A+ but Chiefs rank dead last in training staff and ownership. Ownership gets an F- from the players. pic.twitter.com/2XyHkQfFru

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:26 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Survey: "On a scale of 0 to 100, how would you rate your owner?"

Player: "Oh, he's not great, but he's not awful. I'll give him a 50."

NFLPA: "Clark Hunt gets an F-."

That's how I'm interpreting it anyway.
I think you're probably right. The NFL does need its drama...
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:28 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I'd like to see the questions that get ownership to an F-.
The NFLPA President already said the reason why Clark got an F-… he supposedly promised upgrades to the practice facility locker room after the 2022 season and he didn’t deliver.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 02-29-2024
Saw the Patriots get destroyed bc some teams have daycare while they don’t. Wtf. Why the hell does an NFL team need to provide daycare to athletes making 500k minimum?

These surveys are full of entitlement :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:30 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
1. Reid will not coach here forever.
2. If 2 teams are offering close to the same amount of money and have similar coaches, players will take into account the facilities.
According to Mitchell Schwartz and Geoff Schwartz the facilities almost never comes into play. Imagine the Raiders when they played in Oakland trying to get FA players with their facility situation.

He said something like this in order-

$$
$$
Winning Franchise
Coaching
Friends on the team
City
[Reply]
jettio 09:46 AM 02-29-2024
Chiefs practice facility is older and was not built for the expanded practice squads that the NFL came up with during COVID and to keep bottom of roster players out of the spring leagues.

NFLPA is kind of chickenshit about this survey. Chiefs still have training camp off site and Andy Reid has figured out how to follow the new CBA rules and still practice hard.

Seems like the Chiefs practice fields and the Arrowhead turf is about as good as can be for the Kansas City climate. NFLPA does it annual piss and moan about artificial turf, but somehow manages to not have practice field quality anywhere on this survey.

I say the way the Chiefs help to maintain the fields in St. Joe and at their building and stadium is worth a lot more to the players than a lot of the fancy shit at the teams that have built new facilities. Chiefs spent a lot of money to winterize Arrowhead turf and in maintaining practice fields at training camp and at the facility. NFLPA probably decided to not have practice and game field quality on the survey because Chiefs would have graded well in that area.

Chiefs will never get good grades from NFLPA as long as they have off site training camps and until they build a new facility.

The Chiefs facility is near the stadium and that is a plus compared to some teams that have new facilities a long way from their stadium.

And one unacknowledged benefit of the Chiefs current practice facility is that it may be better for player's quality of life to have reasons to GTFO of the building and get work done at home or a gym in the community.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 02-29-2024
Just checked and the lowest salary on the active roster is 795k. That much money and NFL players want fucking daycare on site while they practice and while they are at games?

That’s insane for someone making that much to ask for that.

I get PS players don’t make that much but that’s like 10 guys of which maybe half at most need their kids to have that?

What are we doing here man
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just checked and the lowest salary on the active roster is 795k. That much money and NFL players want fucking daycare on site while they practice and while they are at games?

I get PS players don’t make that much but that’s like 10 guys of which maybe half at most need their kids to have that?

If some teams provide it then players are gonna wonder why other teams don't?
[Reply]
stevieray 09:52 AM 02-29-2024
Just checked and the lowest salary on the active roster is 795k. That much money and NFL players want ****ing daycare on site while they practice and while they are at games?

coddling
[Reply]
DaFace 09:52 AM 02-29-2024

This whole thing is a propaganda piece by the NFLPA. They can't ask for more money since that's set in the CBA, so they're using this to try and pressure owners to spend more money on other things. That's really what it comes down to.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:54 AM 02-29-2024
Saw the Patriots get destroyed bc some teams have daycare while they don’t. Wtf. Why the hell does an NFL team need to provide daycare to athletes making 500k minimum?

These surveys are full of entitlement :-)
My thoughts exactly, this league is quickly turning into nothing but a bunch of Gen Z crybabies, but if the Chiefs want to keep winning they are going to have to fix this situation, because players take notice of this stuff.

The training staff getting such a low mark again I'm sure stems from pressuring players to tough it out through injuries, which is mind boggling to me that not all teams are doing that. I mean for God's sake this is pro football, not children's soccer. I don't want anyone on this team who would give a training staff a high mark for kissing their boo-boo and telling them to take a few weeks off for a sprained ankle.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:01 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
My thoughts exactly, this league is quickly turning into nothing but a bunch of Gen Z crybabies, but if the Chiefs want to keep winning they are going to have to fix this situation, because players take notice of this stuff.

The training staff getting such a low mark again I'm sure stems from pressuring players to tough it out through injuries, which is mind boggling to me that not all teams are doing that. I mean for God's sake this is pro football, not children's soccer. I don't want anyone on this team who would give a training staff a high mark for kissing their boo-boo and telling them to take a few weeks off for a sprained ankle.
A lot of teams stopped pushing players to play when they were hurt because they didn't wanna be featured on Outside the Lines for being assholes that don't give a fuck.

It's also kind of like some of you guys don't realize society changes over time.
[Reply]
neech 10:07 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A lot of teams stopped pushing players to play when they were hurt because they didn't wanna be featured on Outside the Lines for being assholes that don't give a ****.

It's also kind of like some of you guys don't realize society changes over time.
Yeah, this is the age of the Woke generation so deal with it.
[Reply]
Katipan 10:09 AM 02-29-2024
Thank goodness its changed.

Watching you guys justify your bloodlust from the couch was icky.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 02-29-2024
A lot of teams stopped pushing players to play when they were hurt because they didn't wanna be featured on Outside the Lines for being assholes that don't give a ****.

Clark needs to update the locker room in the practice facility and hire more trainers, but come on dude. These are NFL facilities, not daycares. It’s not the owners responsibility to take care of your kids.

They’re paying the lowest players on the active roster over 50k a month and these entitled babies demand daycare? Come on dude.

Let’s not act like these players don’t have their own chefs or meal service making that much either. These guys are asking for 5 star restaraunts like college bc donors give money for it.

Also wtf is up with the travel shit? There shouldn’t be any problem sharing a room with someone. It’s not like you’re sleeping in the same fucking bed. FFS
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:23 AM 02-29-2024
t's also kind of like some of you guys don't realize society changes over time.
It can change all it wants, bottom line remains pussies can't be football players, at least not for the Chiefs, and for that I am grateful because I can assure you it plays a huge role in why we're sitting here with 3 Super Bowl titles the past 5 years while the rest of the league is worried about not being *meanies* to their players.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up