ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patriot defense
RaidersOftheCellar 04:57 PM 09-22-2019
Are we concerned yet?

There appears to be significant improvement.
[Reply]
Ghost002! 12:24 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
KC’s D-line was definitely upgraded. It’s a very talented unit.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous to suggest that NE signed Brown in response to an arms race with KC. It’s very un-Belichick-like to sign/give a big contract to that type of player. When uncharacteristic moves are made, it generally means they think they need help. And who would they be more concerned about than KC?

They know that Mahomes is likely to be even better and make fewer mistakes in year two (and he is). They also realize that KC made significant upgrades to the defensive coaching staff and upgraded talent. And that Mahomes has even more weapons to work with.

That's wishful thinking on your part but they have signed questionable players before

Corey Dillon
Randy Moss
Albert Haynesworth

All signed by the Pats, and it's not far fetch to give your HOF QB a reciever like AB. If you didn't, he wouldn't be doing his job. And might I add. Its something every team In the NFL wanted to do...so does that mean everyone was scared?

Again look at BB record against andy Reid and against the chiefs

Its has nothing to do with fear. The man has been in the league coaching for how long?

He has gone up the greatest show on turf, P.Manning in indy and in Denver...yes KC is a threat offensively

But nothing he hasn't seen before..not to say chiefs couldn't win.

But KC was doing the same thing last year and they(the pats) still confused Mahomes..so he(BB) couldn't do that again with a deeper core at defense now?
[Reply]
In58men 12:25 PM 09-23-2019
All 3 teams they played are now 0-3
[Reply]
Ghost002! 12:37 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
All 3 teams they played are now 0-3
That doesn't mean anything when it's the same group that just came off a SB holding the rams to 3 points. It's the same unit. They replaced one player on defense t.flowers w m.bennett. what does them playing 0-3 teams matter when you're dealing with the same veteran bunch.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Ghost002!:
That doesn't mean anything when it's the same group that just came off a SB holding the rams to 3 points. It's the same unit. They replaced one player on defense t.flowers w m.bennett. what does them playing 0-3 teams matter when you're dealing with the same veteran bunch.
By that logic, what does it matter when the Chiefs put up 71 pts against them in two games last year?

It doesn’t. And we’ll do it again.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:49 PM 09-23-2019
Not impressed with their apparent record just yet. The just played two of the most inept offenses in the league and a Steelers unit that just looked completely unprepared.

I know Pats fans are saying right now that their defense is on par with their defenses from the early 2000s, but I think they're just drinking the Kool-Aid right now. Very similar to how Ravens' fans were comparing Lamar to Pat before yesterday.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:51 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
By that logic, what does it matter when the Chiefs put up 71 pts against them in two games last year?

and that NE wasn't flagged for a single penalty in the first game...then got 4 controversial calls, all in their favor, in the 4th quarter of the AFCCG.

Hogan isn't gifted a terrible completion on 3rd down...KC goes to the SB.

The refs bailed them out both times...coddled assholes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not impressed with their apparent record just yet. The just played two of the most inept offenses in the league and a Steelers unit that just looked completely unprepared.

I know Pats fans are saying right now that their defense is on par with their defenses from the early 2000s, but I think they're just drinking the Kool-Aid right now. Very similar to how Ravens' fans were comparing Lamar to Pat before yesterday.
Pats fans spent all offseason telling us that they use September as preseason. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 09-23-2019
I just don’t understand this idea that they’ve gotten so much better?

They’re the same group for the most part and they definitely don’t have the guys or the speed to cover all of our weapons.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:05 PM 09-23-2019

They’re the same group for the most part and they definitely don’t have the guys or the speed to cover all of our weapons.
Patriots are better on defense. Jamie Collins was an elite player before he left and now he’s already got 2.5 sacks and 2 INT’s. Hightower, Van Noy and Collins are the best LB corps in football.

The rookie Winovich has 2 sacks already. He was a steal.

The game between us and the Pats will come down to 2 things:

-adjustments from Andy and and Pat
-OL

Best attempt to slow this offense is creating blitzes through your front so Mahomes can’t fire it deep due to the play not having time to develop.

I think Andy will utilize Tyreek in the backfield a lot in the next matchup so they can’t double him.
[Reply]
Ghost002! 01:06 PM 09-23-2019

Ok..they put up 71 and LOST

so if the chiefs put up 71 then how many did the Pats put up ? Just using your logic now
[Reply]
staylor26 01:08 PM 09-23-2019
Ok..they put up 71 and LOST

so if the chiefs put up 71 then how many did the Pats put up ? Just using your logic now
Because we’re talking specifically about the Pats defense and their ability to stop the Chiefs dumbass.
[Reply]
Ghost002! 01:12 PM 09-23-2019

Please explain how you guys got better on defense..where is your pass rush? You corners got better?

Pats added another linebacker. Last year they had 2 affective linebackers now they have 3. I do remember hightower confusioning mahomes at the right time and picking him off.

You guys are acting like your offense has never been seen before but nfl history tells another story

Ask the Vikings w randy moss
The rams on 94
Pats in 07
And Manning w Denver the year they broke all kind of records...

Not say the chiefs couldn't win..just dont Pats off that your that much head and shoulders cause you weren't and you are not.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:12 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Patriots are better on defense. Jamie Collins was an elite player before he left and now he’s already got 2.5 sacks and 2 INT’s. Hightower, Van Noy and Collins are the best LB corps in football.

The rookie Winovich has 2 sacks already. He was a steal.

The game between us and the Pats will come down to 2 things:

-adjustments from Andy and and Pat
-OL

Best attempt to slow this offense is creating blitzes through your front so Mahomes can’t fire it deep due to the play not having time to develop.

I think Andy will utilize Tyreek in the backfield a lot in the next matchup so they can’t double him.
:-)

Collins and Winovich do absolutely nothing for them in terms of stopping us.

They’ve played two of the 3 worst OL’s in football. I couldn’t care less about Collins and Winovich racking up some sacks (Winovich has 1.5 by the way).

How do they stop Hill/Kelce/Watkins/Robinson/Hardman through scheme? That’s the question. Trying to take Hill out of the game isn’t going to work anymore unless they want those other guys to destroy them over and over.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:12 PM 09-23-2019
That's wishful thinking on your part but they have signed questionable players before

Corey Dillon
Randy Moss
Albert Haynesworth

All signed by the Pats, and it's not far fetch to give your HOF QB a reciever like AB. If you didn't, he wouldn't be doing his job. And might I add. Its something every team In the NFL wanted to do...so does that mean everyone was scared?

Again look at BB record against andy Reid and against the chiefs

Its has nothing to do with fear. The man has been in the league coaching for how long?

He has gone up the greatest show on turf, P.Manning in indy and in Denver...yes KC is a threat offensively

But nothing he hasn't seen before..not to say chiefs couldn't win.

But KC was doing the same thing last year and they(the pats) still confused Mahomes..so he(BB) couldn't do that again with a deeper core at defense now?
Reid blew out Belichick twice with Alex Smith. Once in Foxboro. That should count for 10 wins.

If Reid had any semblance of a defense last year, he'd have added two more.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 09-23-2019
:-)

Collins and Winovich do absolutely nothing for them in terms of stopping us.

They’ve played two of the 3 worst OL’s in football. I couldn’t care less about Collins and Winovich racking up some sacks (Winovich has 1.5 by the way).

How do they stop Hill/Kelce/Watkins/Robinson/Hardman through scheme? That’s the question. Trying to take Hill out of the game isn’t going to work anymore unless they want those other guys to destroy them over and over.
Collins was a great player in NE before he left. He had 100+ tackles and 4 sacks last year in Cleveland.

He absolutely is a difference maker. That’s how Bill pressures offenses....through his LB’s. That’s a big part of how he stalled us for an entire half twice.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up