ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 763 of 2694
« First < 263663713753759760761762763 76476576676777381386312631763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:35 AM 05-24-2018
Crushing Denver's starters with our third string was beautiful. That quick release made a declining Von invisible.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:16 AM 05-24-2018
He's too talented to not be good. Last year pre season and game was fabulous. He looked like he could be a big time star.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:43 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He's too talented to not be good. Last year pre season and game was fabulous. He looked like he could be a big time star.
Great post!

Everything Mahomes has done on and off the field since he has signed has been great. Charity functions, extra film studying of defenses, learning under Alex, getting his first win on the road verse Denver, working out with all of his wide receivers in the offseason to build up chemistry- this kid gets it.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:05 AM 05-24-2018
I think a big reason Andy is so excited is bc he doesn’t have to worry about an offensive plan so much. Last year Andy had a great offensive game plan for the first month, then teams figured it out. Alex looked great in that offense until the Steelers showed the world how to beat it with cover 2 and zone.

Now Andy won’t have to worry so much about the structure of the offense bc when shit happens and the offense has a bad day, you now have a QB capable of putting the ball anywhere on the field with velocity as well as mobility which means your team can overcome problems.

There are 3 types of QB’s in this league:

1. highly drafted QB’s that either failed miserably and become backups (Paxton Lynch) or mid round QB’s who become QB’s as their pinnacle (Matt Cassel).

2. Average QB’s who are decent but have to have structure through coaching or above average talent everywhere to succeed (Alex Smith, Case Keenum).

3. Elite QB’s that are the offense and can put the team on their back carrying them when needed (Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson).

Andy thinks this kid is going to be in that 3rd level elite class. He knows this is his best chance to win it all.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:15 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
he also said this....

Yeah. And? Alex Smith had the best season of his career last year. He played better than most of us thought he would. I don't see anything inaccurate with that tweet. Matter of fact, it only makes me feel better about his opinion of Mahomes.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:51 AM 05-24-2018
Alex Smith was red hot starting last year. Red hot... Phenomenal play. He did regress as the year went along though, and stopped taking long shots unless the player was wide open.

So.. I'm not that surprised by the passer rating stuff.

EDIT: Ohhh.. passer RATING. That means all of Hill's long catches are what really helped Smith out.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:53 AM 05-24-2018
Ha.. I do like the original, original tweet. According to Louis Riddick, the best QB's in the NFC east (in order) are:

1) Wentz
2) Alex Smith
3) Foles
4) Dak
5) Eli

Pretty funny having Dak and Eli behind Foles. Love it..
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:18 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Alex Smith was red hot starting last year. Red hot... Phenomenal play. He did regress as the year went along though, and stopped taking long shots unless the player was wide open.

So.. I'm not that surprised by the passer rating stuff.

EDIT: Ohhh.. passer RATING. That means all of Hill's long catches are what really helped Smith out.
Smith was very good last year. He was MVP good at the beginning of the season and then slowed down a bit.

The thing is he was his typical unclutch and not able to put the team on his back when it needed it, especially as evidenced by the playoffs game for the latter.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 11:23 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Smith was very good last year. He was MVP good at the beginning of the season and then slowed down a bit.

The thing is he was his typical unclutch and not able to put the team on his back when it needed it, especially as evidenced by the playoffs game for the latter.
Yep.

A more honest and interesting stat would have been completion percentage... that removes the long post-catch runs and touchdowns from the equation.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Exactly my point look at the throws during the Seahawks game. look at the throw at 7:56
Just to add in here, those deep balls have very little to do with arm strength he has the benefit of having WR's that can go get the ball and having a legit 1, I don't begrudge him for that at all. However I'm not going to get impressed that he's heaving up 50 yard throws to a WR that wins his battle with the ball in the air.

The problem Houston will have is when those deep balls aren't there which they won't always be, which is how he got a ton of garbage time numbers against us. He doesn't exactly have the arm to make a stick 13 yard out pass, that is gonna be the problem. His arm strength will affect some of the staple first down throws you have to make to be successful.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:27 PM 05-24-2018
Another thing about Smith is what stats don't show. Wide open receivers ignored because he doesn't see them while he's staring and phantom pressure.

He could have won three more playoff games for this one flaw. Sure he's got a million positives but this flaw will prevent him from ever winning a Super Bowl.

It's something that Mahomes excels at.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:50 PM 05-24-2018
Rough day at OTAs according to Teicher. (No, I’m not reading into this much)

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs had their finished their first week of offseason practice and Thursday’s workout wasn’t a good one for quarterback Patrick Mahomes II and the rest of the starting offense. Mahomes was 4-of-15 with an interception in full team drills and 7-of-12 with an interception in 7-on-7 drills. The interception in full team drill was on a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage and caught by linebacker Tanoh Kpassagnon. On the interceptions, coach Andy Reid said, “You want to test what you can get away with at these camps so you’re going to have interceptions. That doesn’t bother me. You repeat it and now that’s a problem. But you want to test it and see what you can get away with. That’s all part of the way this thing works.’’

[Reply]
Messier 12:54 PM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Rough day at OTAs according to Teicher. (No, I’m not reading into this much)
Ugh. Keeping track of OTA stats is useless. But what else does Teicher have to do?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:02 PM 05-24-2018

Fisty Mahomes going deep
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:03 PM 05-24-2018

[Reply]
Page 763 of 2694
« First < 263663713753759760761762763 76476576676777381386312631763 > Last »
Up