ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Let's all show our solidarity with the greatest victim of #cancelculture
NJChiefsFan27 10:44 AM 09-16-2019

[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:33 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
..... If people could stop freaking out that he had the audacity to kneel during the national anthem creating new threads about the guy, the hysteria would subside and the media wouldn't use it to get cheap clicks.
FYP
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:35 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Is he still playing?
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-) :-):-):-):-)

Oh, and no, he's not good enough.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:43 PM 09-16-2019
Teams take on domestic abusers and headcases all the time though. Why do you view Colin as so toxic?
He's racist (he hates white people), hates America, and hates our wonderful police force.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 02:25 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Yes. It is beyond naive... it is on the cusp of having me wonder if he was enrolled in "exceptional education" classes throughout his academic career level naivety.
I was being tongue in cheek here, for the record.

Originally Posted by :
But it isn't. It is the truth and the reality of the world we live in today. That is obvious to anyone with access to a TV or the internet.
It's not clear to me that this is obvious to most people. The right is often seen as the side that defends free speech and the politically incorrect. #cancelculture is framed as triggered leftists trying to shut down or silence people they dislike. The reality is that the right engages in this kind of behavior frequently, in particular around issues surrounding symbols of patriotism like the flag or the national anthem.

Originally Posted by :
What the **** does Trump have to do with anything? My FIL lost his ****ing shit the minute it happened and before Trump opened his stupid flaps. As for making it about himself... let me frame it this way.
Trump jumped on the bandwagon because many of his supporters were already there, so I don't disagree necessarily. But I think his involvement certainly firmed up the trenches on both sides.

Originally Posted by :
52 players give their bodies, time, and family during the season to come together AS A TEAM.

20-40 members of the coaching staff pour hours upon hours studying film and coming up with a gameplan so they can play AS A TEAM.

100+ support staff do overtime getting everything ready each and every day so that the TEAM can do their absolute best and not have any distractions to worry about.

When I say he made it about himself I'm not saying that he is trying to place himself as the star of the movement against brutality. I'm saying that he, consciously, made the decision that what he had going on in his head was more important that all the people mentioned above.

Was his cause noble? Sure. Does it show other teams that he is willing to put himself over the welfare of the team? Yup. Is that bad (for either)? No.
If the coaches and his fellow players rejected him on the premise that he was a distraction, then so be it. But we know that's not how it went down. Further, there were situations that arose over the last few years where teams with nothing to lose and a lot to gain chose not to give Kaepernick an opportunity. That would seem to indicate that they were worried more about the economic impact of signing him (or that they colluded) than whether it helped or hurt their football team.

Originally Posted by :
You are "begging the question" when you say that teams won't give him a contract BECAUSE HE PROTESTED.

Begging the question, sometimes known by its Latin name petitio principii (meaning assuming the initial point), is a logical fallacy in which the writer or speaker assumes the statement under examination to be true. In other words, begging the question involves using a premise to support itself.

I say teams won't give him the time of day because he clearly puts himself above his team and everyone else involved in the organization.
It's not begging the question at all. You can infer things from his protest that would give you reason not to sign him, but you're still arriving to that conclusion using the evidence of him protesting.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 02:29 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
So you totally missed the point! The majority of people are hard working folks who pay good money to be entertained. To allow a respite from their everyday lives. Whether it be a concert, a play, a movie or a sporting event. To throw a political statement into the mix ruins that opportunity and cheats the person paying to be entertained.

Now if said entertainer wants to push a cause on his own time, more power to them. But if you choose to do it at work and if you aren't quite as good as you think you are, and you lose your chosen profession over your cause, don't blame anybody but yourself.
You know the NFL is paid huge sums of money to run propaganda for the military right? Do you also feel that people just want to pay good money to be entertained, have a respite etc, when it comes to that? How about the playing of god bless america at baseball games, same?
[Reply]
MephistophelesJanx 02:57 PM 09-16-2019
I was being tongue in cheek here, for the record.
Ok... then the above statement seems to contradict the below statement.

Originally Posted by :
It's not clear to me that this is obvious to most people.
As I stated... one of the people who handle him should have brought it up to him if he didn't see the possible black-lash of his actions. Them failing to see it doesn't absolve his being the catalyst of the distraction machine that derailed his career.

Originally Posted by :
The right is often seen as the side that defends free speech and the politically incorrect. #cancelculture is framed as triggered leftists trying to shut down or silence people they dislike. The reality is that the right engages in this kind of behavior frequently, in particular around issues surrounding symbols of patriotism like the flag or the national anthem.
I don't disagree with any of this. It doesn't change how a group who hold the symbol of a nation near and dear to their heart might react to a dude kneeling during the anthem. They see him as an opportunist who purposely created controversy due to the fact he had a thousand other avenues in which to address it yet he chose to kneel on something that many people who would never harm another person associate themselves with.

He essentially painted with a wide brush and lost support from those who would have otherwise agreed with or championed his cause. His loss of support from those people allowed the rabid right to be the loudest voice heard. The PR firm behind this stunt either failed miserably or succeeded wildly depending on your point of view.

Originally Posted by :
Trump jumped on the bandwagon because many of his supporters were already there, so I don't disagree necessarily. But I think his involvement certainly firmed up the trenches on both sides.
This place was fucking apeshit about this well before Trump opened his fucking mouth. If this place isn't a weathervane for "right" and "conservative" values would react then I don't know what is.

Originally Posted by :
If the coaches and his fellow players rejected him on the premise that he was a distraction, then so be it. But we know that's not how it went down. Further, there were situations that arose over the last few years where teams with nothing to lose and a lot to gain chose not to give Kaepernick an opportunity. That would seem to indicate that they were worried more about the economic impact of signing him (or that they colluded) than whether it helped or hurt their football team.
We do?

Originally Posted by :
It's not begging the question at all. You can infer things from his protest that would give you reason not to sign him, but you're still arriving to that conclusion using the evidence of him protesting.
Passing off that teams won't give him a contract because he protested as fact in order to support your later argument that teams who had nothing to lose didn't sign Kaep because he protested.

That is the literal definition of "begging the question".

Teams that had nothing to lose still didn't want the distraction that comes with Kaep be it because he protested or he put himself ahead of his team. While I have no doubt that there are GMs out there that wouldn't consider him because he protested... I'm sure there were GMs out there that wouldn't consider Vick because he killed a shit ton of dogs. Yet there went Vick.
[Reply]
Taco John 02:58 PM 09-16-2019
Kaepernic lost his job because he sucked at it.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:32 PM 09-16-2019
Kap believed in his “cause” so much that he promised to be a good boy and stand for the anthem if some team would only sign him.

The guy is a fool.
[Reply]
Bump 04:10 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You know the NFL is paid huge sums of money to run propaganda for the military right? Do you also feel that people just want to pay good money to be entertained, have a respite etc, when it comes to that? How about the playing of god bless america at baseball games, same?
lol @ this guy pretending that he doesn't support government propaganda.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:20 PM 09-16-2019
Kaepernick had many flaws in his game, but he was good enough to play - particularly given the scarcity of talent at QB in the NFL. The main reason he never signed was because of the public backlash to him exercising his free speech rights.
He never signed because he demanded ridiculous money.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:21 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Kaepernic lost his job because he sucked at it.
Didn't he opt out?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:10 PM 09-16-2019
Are you talking about when the Broncos wanted to trade for him? Because that narrative is false.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...mits-key-fact/
No, that’s not what I’m talking about

The Niners offered him a new contract but wouldn’t guarantee starter status

Then the Ravens offered him another, and his SJW twat squeeze compared Ray Lewis and the Ravens GM to Sam Jackson and DiCaprio in Django

He is more interested in the fame than he is the game... fuck Kaep
[Reply]
2bikemike 05:23 PM 09-16-2019
That propaganda you speak of is nothing more than an advertisement aimed at recruiting. Just like all other corporate sponsorship that the NFL clamors for. That money is how the NFL pays for their portion of Stadiums where fans gather.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:28 PM 09-16-2019
CK doesn't have a job in the NFL for the same reason most former NFL QBs don't have a job. He's inaccurate, turnover-prone, injury-prone, and he can't read a defense with any kind of consistency.

He had two (maybe two and a half) seasons of relative success, between several seasons of uninspired to disastrous performances.

See Ryan Leaf.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:33 PM 09-16-2019

"In November 2015, Republican U.S. Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake of Arizona released a report stating that “In all, the military services reported $53 million in spending on marketing and advertising contracts with sports teams between 2012 and 2015. More than $10 million of that total was paid to teams in the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), National Basketball Association (NBA), National Hockey League (NHL), and Major League Soccer (MLS).”"

10 million divided between the NFL, MLB, NHL, and MLS.

"Yuge," I tell you. Where will we ever find the money to pay such such an enormous amount of money?

Wait, I think I've got some pennies between the sofa cushions . . .
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up