ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Most Americans Now Have an Unfavorable View of the Democratic Party, A Flip From 2018
JohnnyHammersticks 10:33 AM 09-10-2019
Shocking...to literally no one with a brain.

Most Americans Now Have an Unfavorable View of the Democratic Party, A Flip From 2018
By Joe DePaoloSep 10th, 2019, 10:22 am

The blue wave in 2018 was undeniable (by everyone, seemingly, except President Donald Trump. Democrats gained 41 seats in the House and lost just two in the Senate ó despite facing an overwhelmingly unfavorable map. But with the presidential candidates in the spotlight, the Democratic partyís approval numbers appear to be taking a bit of a dive.

A column in The New York Times Tuesday cited a Pew Research Center survey which found that Americans currently hold an unfavorable view of the Democratic party. According to the poll, 45 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of the Democrats, compared with 52 percent who hold an unfavorable view. Those numbers mirror the Republican party exactly. The GOP also stands at 45-52 in those metrics.

Last September, ahead of the 2018 midterms, the numbers told a different story. Fifty-three percent of Americans had a favorable opinion of Democrats prior to the election, compared to 42 percent who had an unfavorable opinion. Republicans, meanwhile, boasted just a 43 percent favorable number, with 52 percent unfavorable.

Will these numbers hold until next November? And if so, how will they translate at the ballot box?

https://www.mediaite.com/news/most-a...lip-from-2018/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:32 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
So now, in order of importance, we have:

1. Polls, on favorability
2. The actual vote.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hillary had awful negatives - but MSNBC probably didnít ever pass along that info to its sheep viewers like you.

Bahhhhhhh
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:38 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Hillary had awful negatives - but MSNBC probably didn’t ever pass along that info to its sheep viewers like you.

Bahhhhhhh
Hillary probably the only Democratic candidate for POTUS that Trump could have beaten since Dukakis, and maybe not even him.

Had the DNC's official media arms, basically everyone but Fox News, not been in the bag for Hillary, it would have been even worse.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:56 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Hillary had awful negatives - but MSNBC probably didnít ever pass along that info to its sheep viewers like you.

Bahhhhhhh
What the fuck does Hillary's negatives have to do with anything?

You said that polls on favorability are more important than the actual vote.

Which is a bizarre thing to say.

That was my point.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:08 PM 09-10-2019
I'm really not shocked. They push the wrong things. Focus on healthcare and workers.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:44 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I'm really not shocked. They push the wrong things. Focus on healthcare and workers.
:-) Yeah, in 2002.

The party has changed a bit. Have you been sleeping?
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 04:05 PM 09-10-2019
You don't think it could be the infanticide promotion or Jihad Squad promoting communism, do you? Or maybe the war on wypeepo?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:31 PM 09-10-2019
It's not that surprising really, considering the fact that the Democratic Party has gone out of its way in recent months to completely alienate the energy, manufacturing, transportation, construction, and agricultural employment sectors with inane ideas like the New Green Deal.

Never mind alienating the Christian base, which accounts for something like 80% of Americans.
[Reply]
Bump 04:34 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Oh boy, here's the mantra for the retarded in 2020: "Communists!"

"Make America Great Again!" is so 2016. :-)
Ya when your little groups go around waving communist flags while calling each other comrades while attacking people with different views, you don't think they should be called communists?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:44 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
What the **** does Hillary's negatives have to do with anything?

You said that polls on favorability are more important than the actual vote.

Which is a bizarre thing to say.

That was my point.

You’re a shitty reader. Here let me help: I said you can win someone’s vote while being disliked or “disapproved” of. How you could watch 2016, and not know that, is simply beyond comprehension. (I blamed MSNBC)
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:42 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I think of them as the "I hate Americans" party. Or maybe "we care about everyone but Americans" party.

When CNN backs you there's a problem.
I've told the story on here of the entire family I know that left the Democrats during Obama. The guy that's my age that I talked with about it coined them "The party of death".

That pretty much sums it up for me but it kinda caught me off guard to hear it come from this guy. I never really took him or his family to be particularly religious.

But to go a little further with your party definitions, I would add... "I hate the American working class and want to tax them to pay for freebies to buy the bums vote." That's a little wordy, not sure how to shorten it and get the same point across :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:07 PM 09-10-2019
Maybe people are not buying the shit they are trying to sell.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up