Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The Market is tanking
Titty Meat 02:51 PM 08-14-2019
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...bells-n1042211
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:57 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We need to get one thing straight. This isn't the government's money. Think about that. The Fed Gov is crying because their revenues dropped some? Where do they generate their revenue from? I will tell you. From sticking their hand in everyone's pockets and taking it.
Benjamin Franklin, to Robert Morris. Christmas, 1783. Source: The Writings of Benjamin Franklin. Edited by Albert Henry Smyth. 10 vols. New York: Macmillan Co., 1905-7.

--

The Remissness of our People in Paying Taxes is highly blameable; the Unwillingness to pay them is still more so. I see, in some Resolutions of Town Meetings, a Remonstrance against giving Congress a Power to take, as they call it, the People's Money out of their Pockets, tho' only to pay the Interest and Principal of Debts duly contracted. They seem to mistake the Point. Money, justly due from the People, is their Creditors' Money, and no longer the Money of the People, who, if they withold it, should be compell'd to pay by some Law.

All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition.

He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:34 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We need to get one thing straight. This isn't the government's money. Think about that. The Fed Gov is crying because their revenues dropped some? Where do they generate their revenue from? I will tell you. From sticking their hand in everyone's pockets and taking it.
Yea I found that pretty funny, OMG corporate tax money dropped when Trump lowered corporate tax rates!! Uh no shit sherlock.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:49 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea I found that pretty funny, OMG corporate tax money dropped when Trump lowered corporate tax rates!! Uh no shit sherlock.
We have reached the part of the tax scam where even the dumbest mark recognizes that tax cuts don't "pay for themselves".

Maybe, eventually, they'll realize tax cuts also don't create jobs or stimulate the economy.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:20 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
We have reached the part of the tax scam where even the dumbest mark recognizes that tax cuts don't "pay for themselves".

Maybe, eventually, they'll realize tax cuts also don't create jobs or stimulate the economy.
Raising taxes does though, right?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:43 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
The market shifts when Trump talks about trade wars, etc. It's not a myth, you can see it happen.

The wage growth really isn't that unexpected either. When unemployment gets low enough, wages go up because people need to retain their workers or they'll just get another similarly priced job. We hire constantly and know how it goes. There's a lot of focus on retention.

I agree they raised the rates too fast and it's definitely a part of it.
Trump moves the market for a day or two tops. Then after everyone stops acting like little girls they realize it's not as bad as they thought. If you wanna hang your hat on that kind of shit then you are very short sighted.

The wage growth wasn't the surprise. It was the amount at which they grew.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 01:30 PM 08-17-2019
Market is back up. Thread over.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:58 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm not going to pass too much judgement until election day. But if financial situation isn't back to where it should have been before he started this deal with China, I'll vote with my wallet. So I get that the President "doesn't care" because he knows he's doing what "had to be done and nobody else would/will ever do it" (and he's probably right), but that only goes so far.

So he has until the election to work some magic. If he can't, oh well..
Really? That's exactly what China wants you to think. It's either a war worth fighting and winning despite the hardship it costs, or it's not worth fighting to begin with. This kind of thinking makes our country weak.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:01 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I've said that President Trump has until the election to make things right. How he does that is up to him, but I've placed the challenge out there that he has to meet. If he can't get it done in that period of time, perhaps he needs to rethink things. Is that not fair? And I guess he needs to understand that going too fast, too aggressively, could cost him what he might need to win this war, more time.
Setting a timetable for withdrawal before winning the war is a losing strategy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:46 PM 08-17-2019
Sure it ain't!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:24 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
National debt is up too! KEEP AMERICA GREAT - TRUMP 2020
[Reply]
patteeu 04:50 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
National debt is up too! KEEP AMERICA GREAT - TRUMP 2020
Do you favor austerity in the face of a possible recession?
[Reply]
Shaid 04:54 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
We were at 27300, now we're at 25500, I think we might want to wait on the celebration.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 04:55 PM 08-17-2019
We were at 27300, now we're at 25500, I think we might want to wait on the celebration.
What date were we at 27300?
[Reply]
Shaid 04:57 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
What date were we at 27300?
Mid July
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 05:01 PM 08-17-2019
Mid July
Thank you.

My 401K must be diversified well, I only took a dip this past week. But it been going up since July (not counting the contribution), and is still higher than what it was in June.

Soros and the Chicoms are going to have to step up their game.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up