ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>AOC Green Deal: She is RETARDED
BleedingRed 12:38 PM 02-07-2019
https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/medi...n-new-deal-faq


[Reply]
vailpass 01:05 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So you disagree that money is nice and everyone should have a million dollars?!
Yes. No.

If you are attempting some form of rhetorical gotcha or Socratic method with me you should probably look elsewhere.

If not, can you please explain the purpose behind your questioning?
[Reply]
vailpass 01:08 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:


Why do you care about any of those things



So, you're on board with the vision, you just don't think execution is possible? We put a man on the moon for ****'s sake. I think if the whole country were united behind a vision like this we could make it happen. Also, if we only made half this stuff happen it would still be a great win
It matters if you are a US citizen or not. If you don't wish to disclose that information you need only say so and I will stop asking.

The "man on the moon" comparison has been shot down so many times it's hard to believe you are ignorant enough to still think it applies.

What the GND proposes is orders of magnitude beyond the moon mission.
Do you really not know that?
[Reply]
tmax63 01:09 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So you disagree that money is nice and everyone should have a million dollars?!
Money is a necessary evil. It is only a medium to convert one item or action of value into another. Depends on where you're getting the million dollars from. If you think taxing all the working (including the rich) people that are earning the money to give to people who aren't working or doing anything to earn the money then HELL no.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:20 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
If everyone had a million bucks a million bucks wouldn't buy you a loaf of bread. That's just how money works.
Funny how that works isn't it? Did any of these idiots pay any attention to their history books or economics class?

It really is that simple.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:34 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Money is nice. Everyone should have a million dollars. Do you guys disagree with that?!
I think I should have 100 BILLION dollars and three beautiful Persian princesses as brides. Now ask me why I don't.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:39 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
So you agree these things are worth trying to achieve?



Why do you care about any of those things



So, you're on board with the vision, you just don't think execution is possible? We put a man on the moon for fuck's sake. I think if the whole country were united behind a vision like this we could make it happen. Also, if we only made half this stuff happen it would still be a great win
Absolutely, those are all worthy goals. It's easy to say it, though. Easy to get people to fall in love with the fantasy of a bigger better world in just a decade, where not only do we have all of that, but everyone is rich, happy and content! But that's what dreamers do - they dream.

Now, again, show me how we are going to get it done, especially in ten years, and I'll consider it. That's the Achilles heel of liberal dreams - there is seemingly no planning or critical thinking that goes in to how you're going to achieve all these lofty goals you woo the public with. Just promises.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:39 PM 02-10-2019
She would be the best piece of ass prison bitch has ever gotten
[Reply]
Bowser 01:40 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Trump should just come out and say hes for this. That would make all the liberals go against it and block it.

Easy win
Heh
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:41 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It matters if you are a US citizen or not. If you don't wish to disclose that information you need only say so and I will stop asking.
Why?

Originally Posted by :
The "man on the moon" comparison has been shot down so many times it's hard to believe you are ignorant enough to still think it applies.

What the GND proposes is orders of magnitude beyond the moon mission.
Do you really not know that?
Again, it's about articulating a vision and trying to work toward it. If we only got 30% of it done we'd still be better off.

And also, history is filled with people saying stuff can't be done and then being proven hilariously wrong.
[Reply]
seamonster 01:42 PM 02-10-2019
All the Democrats should stop what their doing and put 100% of their efforts into getting this critical legislation passed. The world's ending in 12 years. No choice. And if they don't than they can just go ahead and cease all the bullshit Climate Change alarmism.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:43 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPanties:
Again, it's about articulating a vision and trying to work toward it. If we only got 30% of it done we'd still be better off.

And also, history is filled with people saying stuff can't be done and then being proven hilariously wrong.

[Reply]
seamonster 01:48 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Why?



Again, it's about articulating a vision and trying to work toward it. If we only got 30% of it done we'd still be better off.

And also, history is filled with people saying stuff can't be done and then being proven hilariously wrong.
He's right. Build those 900000 miles of rail and ground flights. Liquidate all the cows. Re-build every single building. And for some asinine unexplained reason ban all nuclear power! Including the molten salt water reactors that produce virtually no waste! ****ing build hundreds of thousands of square miles of toxic-waste producing solar panel fields already. It's science.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:50 PM 02-10-2019
Money is nothing more than a convenient and fungible proxy for value.
It's a common language in which to converse in the execution of commerce and trade.
But as a conversion shorthand, it has no effect on those existing relative values.
Suppose apples are valued @$1.
You want an iPhone, but all you have are apples. You think long and hard about the growing season and all the orchard chores, and the sowing season, and you decide that value that iPhone worth 500 of your apples. The vendor agrees.
But suppose apples are valued @$.50, the vendor will now want twice as many apples in return.
And so on, and so on across all transactions.

People are constantly comparing the cost of accumulating and vending desireables to the return on investment. Money is just the exchange method. Change the flow of money artificially, and stasis is restored in short order.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:50 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by seamonster:
He's right. Build those 900000 miles of rail and ground flights. Liquidate all the cows. Re-build every single building. And for some asinine unexplained reason ban all nuclear power! Including the molten salt water reactors that produce virtually no waste! ****ing build hundreds of thousands of square miles of toxic-waste producing solar panel fields already. It's science.
The environmentalist posters here unironically want this to be reality.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:51 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yes. No.



If you are attempting some form of rhetorical gotcha or Socratic method with me you should probably look elsewhere.



If not, can you please explain the purpose behind your questioning?

I thought I was cleverly commenting on the absurdity of these propositions. Perhaps I was a bit too subtle.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up