Page 14 of 37
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>AOC Green Deal: She is RETARDED
BleedingRed 12:38 PM 02-07-2019
https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/medi...n-new-deal-faq

[Reply]
patteeu 03:24 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
None of them believes it has a chance in hell of moving forward though right?
Itís purely lip service in an optics move to keep from being pilloried by the Dem version of the Tea Party.
The disturbing thing is that they see this as a way to get votes indicating that this kind of nonsense is popular among some significantly large segments of voters. That's a problem.
[Reply]
eDave 03:26 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
I wonder if she is enjoying all the attention, sees big things in her future resulting from all the attention, and will just do and/or say anything to keep the media focused on her.

She's got to know how ridiculous this sounds to 99% of the population.

She's a wanna be far left Trump.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:33 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
You guys should read this shit. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...sed&format=xml
I started reading that and had to stop. Holy shit what a bunch of fucking make believe nonsense.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:39 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The disturbing thing is that they see this as a way to get votes indicating that this kind of nonsense is popular among some significantly large segments of voters. That's a problem.
And a big one at that.
Will be interesting to see if some of the established House Dems use their experience to reign them in.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:41 PM 02-08-2019
I hope a giant asteroid kills us all before we wind up a 370 million person version of Venezuela.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 03:46 PM 02-08-2019
We've only got 12 years left so it doesn't matter much.

So smoke'em if ya gottum.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:59 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
For real? Thatís so interesting. In my personal life, Iíve become about 10 times as moderate and far more conservative. My reactions to Trump seem far milder, to me, than how I felt about the Iraq/Afghan War and the Bush regime back in the day. I was huge into reading Salon and Think Progress and all that far Left media back then and constantly posted stuff from them. As Obama progressed, I became more disillusioned with the Left and pretty much centrist in some ways with a core value of economic leftism and environmentalism. Thatís when I hardly posted in here anymore as I had no real dog in the fight and didn't feel either party really represented something worth fighting about.

Itís really strange to hear that my online persona seems MORE liberal or leftist or extreme or militant. My observations in this thread have basically been intended as apolitical armchair quarterbacking in that I feel weíve moved into an age where extremism is the winning solution and Trump and AOC are both examples of that. I donít know how thatís such a hot take that it makes me seem radical or militant.

Maybe you can explain?

Maybe the difference is that I dislike Trump so much on a personal level and find him so embarrassing as a leader of our country that it comes across as militancy. That really has nothing to do with his policies, though. It's him AS A PERSON and the constant insanity that he posts on his twitter and the constant lies that he intentionally spouts that I dislike. That has really nothing to do with his politics, though. In all honesty, I'm not even sure what Trump believes politically (and I'm not sure that he does either).
I appreciate your response

What I posted was an honest take on the change in your rhetoric/tone during these last two years, having been here since 06 I can't remember you ever being so vehement in your opposition to Bush, or being so seemingly combative with/questioning the motives of his voters

You pointed out your personal dislike of the man as the primary driver of your opposition, and I can understand that... he can be very boorish and brusque

There are plenty of republicans who agree with you on that, but most of them (including myself) are able to set that aside, so long as he does his best to honor his campaign promises... and most would agree that he has

I just wish you and other moderate dems would lower the temperature on the rhetoric, he isn't the end of the world

Kim hasn't fired a rocket in a year
Many Americans like me are getting huge tax returns
He has went out of his way to better the lives of minorities with jobs, fairer sentencing laws and the billion dollar inner-city infrastructure deal

These are things we should all be able to agree on

Trying to close this out, I would try a lighthearted analogy,yourself and other libs are like SNL... you've always been libs and everyone knew it but didn't care because we could all still have a laugh together

But this presidency has somehow brought out a dark, vitriolic side of the show that makes half of us tune out in droves

Anyway I've gone on long enough, best wishes to ya
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:12 PM 02-08-2019
But this presidency has somehow brought out a dark, vitriolic side of the show that makes half of us tune out in droves
:-)

It is just plain ugly.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:20 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
We've only got 12 years left so it doesn't matter much.

So smoke'em if ya gottum.
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:22 PM 02-08-2019
Scary how stupid people have to be to realistically believe that this platform is attainable, let alone beneficial or sane with regards to human existence. Tom Clancy could not write better fiction.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:27 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Scary how stupid people have to be to realistically believe that this platform is attainable, let alone beneficial or sane with regards to human existence. Tom Clancy could not write better fiction.
Even if they manage to get a percentage of this, it will be a disaster. They probably will get some of it passed because of how the dialectic works. Plus they're teaching some of this crap in the schools from an early age.

It's full-blown central planning—communism.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:28 PM 02-08-2019
I think we're all starting to understand that her role in the party is to, with a hot body and tits, to propose the ridiculous left so the happy "medium" is much farther left than anybody would have ever imagined.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:30 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Even if they manage to get a percentage of this, it will be a disaster. They probably will get some of it passed because of how the dialectic works. Plus they're teaching some of this crap in the schools from an early age.

It's full-blown central planningócommunism.
Yup. And essentially what the Left is accusing the Trump administration of associating with, but what the Left themselves are aligning with.

You canít make this shit up....
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:45 PM 02-08-2019
Realism doesn't even matter to those who realize it isn't feasible. The point is that it gets people feeling like it's the correct thing to do which is more important.

Feels > realz. Leftists unironically believe this now and justify this belief because it might shift the Overton window "leftward./"
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:11 PM 02-08-2019
Have we identified which parts of this proposal we object to and why? Here's a good clear explainer of what's in it.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...-cortez-markey
[Reply]
Page 14 of 37
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up