ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Fox News Poll: 54% of Republicans, 70% of all voters support raising taxes on $10m+
EmojiMania 05:14 PM 02-01-2019
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...estic-spending

Overall voters:

Republicans in particular:

Originally Posted by :
Republicans are less sure where the sweet spot is for tax hikes. A majority of 59 percent opposes tax hikes on incomes over $250,000, while a 54 percent majority favors increases on incomes over $10 million. For incomes over $1 million, GOP views split: 47 favor vs. 43 oppose.
Sounds like AOC's ideas are more popular in your party than any of you care to admit!
:-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
D2112 06:34 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Fat cat identified!
Lol the dummy is proving my point
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:52 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
Lol the dummy is proving my point
What point do you think you've made?
You seem to think that this year's increase in the standard deduction automatically means your tax liability decreases. It might, and it might not.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:28 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
What point do you think you've made?
You seem to think that this year's increase in the standard deduction automatically means your tax liability decreases. It might, and it might not.
:-)It's not too tough...

It pretty much does for a single who had less than $12,000 in itemized deductions... It does for a HOH who had less than $18,000 in itemized deductions, and for a married couple who had less tahn $24,000 in itemized deductions. In some high tax, high real estate states, those who had higher than those amounts, may pay more as they won't be able to deduct all of those state taxes... That's the only people who would pay more...
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:33 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
People who's taxes have gone up without a raise in income are probably bitching because of losing the SALT deduction.

Don't feel too bad that they can no longer socialize the costs of living in an in-demand location.
They did do a good job of targeting blue states (which have higher state taxes and property values) over red states. Might be one reason why CA Republican House Members are just about extinct.

Even on the corporate side, the big revenue raisers (GILTI for example) were all designed with attacking industries based in coastal states in mind. I'm not saying those firms shouldn't be taxed, I am saying they were singled out by the GOP bill as targets.

There is absolutely no question the GOP designed the TCJA to screw over blue states and concentrate as much of the benefits in red states as possible. Which I'm sure every Trumpkin on here is ecstatic about anyway.

The guy who does my taxes said that one of his clients works as an independent contractor long haul trucker who found out 30k of expenses he has always been able to write off don't qualify anymore, bumping him up by 8k or so on what he owes. He was less than happy.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:38 PM 02-05-2019

Either way even if you sort of breakeven or do slightly better - millionaires and especially billionaires are getting a much bigger tax break - especially over time.

And 40% of this country cheers tax cuts for billionaires. Which I will never understand.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:45 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
They did do a good job of targeting blue states (which have higher state taxes and property values) over red states. Might be one reason why CA Republican House Members are just about extinct.

Even on the corporate side, the big revenue raisers (GILTI for example) were all designed with attacking industries based in coastal states in mind. I'm not saying those firms shouldn't be taxed, I am saying they were singled out by the GOP bill as targets.

There is absolutely no question the GOP designed the TCJA to screw over blue states and concentrate as much of the benefits in red states as possible. Which I'm sure every Trumpkin on here is ecstatic about anyway.

The guy who does my taxes said that one of his clients works as an independent contractor long haul trucker who found out 30k of expenses he has always been able to write off don't qualify anymore, bumping him up by 8k or so on what he owes. He was less than happy.
Bullshit...Name the deductions that went away for this situation. They didn't.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:49 PM 02-05-2019
I'll ask him.

You can feel free to address any other points. How do you feel about billionaires getting the lion's share of the tax cuts? What do you think about the fact that the smaller ones the middle-class gets expire - while the top-tier deductions are permanent?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:50 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Either way even if you sort of breakeven or do slightly better - millionaires and especially billionaires are getting a much bigger tax break - especially over time.

And 40% of this country cheers tax cuts for billionaires. Which I will never understand.
Come on. The top 20% pay 87% of income taxes. A tax cut is going to go proportionally to those that pay it...They should get 87% of the cut...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-...tax-1523007001

Also, the Republicans pushed a bill to expand the cuts beyond 2027, but the Dems refused to participate in the Senate...

You guys are embarrassing yourselves tonight...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:01 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Come on. The top 20% pay 87% of income taxes. A tax cut is going to go proportionally to those that pay it...They should get 87% of the cut...
Pretty obvious to those with even the remotest shred of logic. Can't make this stuff up! It's really real.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:08 PM 02-05-2019
:-)It's not too tough...

It pretty much does for a single who had less than $12,000 in itemized deductions... It does for a HOH who had less than $18,000 in itemized deductions, and for a married couple who had less tahn $24,000 in itemized deductions. In some high tax, high real estate states, those who had higher than those amounts, may pay more as they won't be able to deduct all of those state taxes... That's the only people who would pay more...
OK, so you just added some variables, and there are many others.
As I said, simply stating the standard deduction amounts mean NOTHING in regards to whether you are paying more or less.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:12 PM 02-05-2019
OK, so you just added some variables, and there are many others.
As I said, simply stating the standard deduction amounts mean NOTHING in regards to whether you are paying more or less.
I added the variable of state and real estate taxes deductions are capped. Other than those, everyone will be paying less, particularly those who had itemized deductions less than the new higher standard deductions. What am i missing?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:34 PM 02-05-2019
I added the variable of state and real estate taxes deductions are capped. Other than those, everyone will be paying less, particularly those who had itemized deductions less than the new higher standard deductions. What am i missing?
I'M PAYING LESS TAXES, SEE: STANDARD DEDUCTION IS HIGHER
NO OTHER INFO NEEDED

/clueless morons
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:43 PM 02-05-2019
I'M PAYING LESS TAXES, SEE: STANDARD DEDUCTION IS HIGHER
NO OTHER INFO NEEDED

/clueless morons
You are embarrassing yourself...

If income was the same for an individual or married couple, and they had itemized deductions that were less than the new standard amount they will be paying less, if they were paying income taxes. Remember, many don't pay income taxes. Every bracket was lowered, so the only folks who are paying more are those that reached the limits of state and real estate tax deductions.

What did I miss again?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:54 PM 02-05-2019
You are embarrassing yourself...

If income was the same for an individual or married couple, and they had itemized deductions that were less than the new standard amount they will be paying less, if they were paying income taxes. Remember, many don't pay income taxes. Every bracket was lowered, so the only folks who are paying more are those that reached the limits of state and real estate tax deductions.

What did I miss again?
If...and...and then...if...
I mean, you keep making my point.
I don't know why you keep droning on about this. I made a simple statement, which was true. Just say that I'm correct in the simple statement I made and then :-) so you can stop appearing so foolish.
Or just :-) and don't say anything. That would also be fine.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:58 PM 02-05-2019
If...and...and then...if...
I mean, you keep making my point.
I don't know why you keep droning on about this. I made a simple statement, which was true. Just say that I'm correct in the simple statement I made and then :-) so you can stop appearing so foolish.
Or just :-) and don't say anything. That would also be fine.
:-) Like your friend above with the independent contractor bullshit.

Nice tapout...

EVERYONE will be paying less taxes, except wealthy people in high tax states...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up