ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 44
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Otter 10:48 PM 11-22-2019
Now the Rezvani has someone to butt rape

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:59 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Now the Rezvani has someone to butt rape

Is that a truck or SUV?
[Reply]
stevieray 11:04 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If by affording you mean having a shit ton of credit card debt for your monthly other purchases and little to no savings, than yes.
:-)
[Reply]
Otter 11:09 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Is that a truck or SUV?
I'd go with SUV.
[Reply]
notorious 08:22 AM 11-23-2019
My 2016 and 2019 2500 diesels end up being within 1-2 cents per mile of a 5-10 year old used pickup when I trade in.

I used to use older vehicles for work, but the repairs and downtime killed me. Find out brand new vehicles cost roughly the same without the problems when it’s all said and done.

You just have to get over the initial cost, negotiate smartly, and pay it off in at the most 2 years.

This is for business using write offs. Anyone that doesn’t have that ability is going to get CRUSHED when it comes to value. Buy used if you work for someone else.
[Reply]
rtmike 09:24 AM 11-23-2019
How else do you integrate those solar panels without making it look like ass?
[Reply]
-King- 12:40 PM 11-23-2019
Biggest reason cars have crazy price tags is that everyone is ok taking out a huge loan to buy a new vehicle. These 6 and 7 year loans have increased base prices of new cars because many Americans just think these loans are normal now.
Yeah it's fucking weird how people are ok with 6 years or more of car payments. But people treat car payments as basically just another bill like an electric or gas bill. It's crazy.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:01 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
let alone the insurance....

I haven't had a car payment since 2006.

Good friend of mine leased a sweet GMC truck..time to return the truck, wanted to give him a lesser model on the new lease for what you quoted. Eight bones. Bought a 2015 Mercedes from an older gentleman with 27k.

It's obscene. Houses used to be these prices.

Indeed... we also practice 'if we can't pay today then we can't afford it', including with cars. We've still got nice cars.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:14 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Doesn't even count wages not keeping up with prices.
Actually...the opposite is true.

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:07 PM 11-23-2019
Another "truck" for the Overland Park farmers.
[Reply]
-King- 02:15 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Actually...the opposite is true.

What exactly do you think that chart shows?
[Reply]
BWillie 02:56 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
What exactly do you think that chart shows?
Real GDP per capita is a measurement of the total economic output of a country divided by the number of people and adjusted for inflation. It's used to compare the standard of living between countries and over time.
[Reply]
-King- 03:08 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Real GDP per capita is a measurement of the total economic output of a country divided by the number of people and adjusted for inflation. It's used to compare the standard of living between countries and over time.
Prices of things especially vehicles have still gone up by a larger factor than wages have.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:39 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
My 2016 and 2019 2500 diesels end up being within 1-2 cents per mile of a 5-10 year old used pickup when I trade in.

I used to use older vehicles for work, but the repairs and downtime killed me. Find out brand new vehicles cost roughly the same without the problems when it’s all said and done.

You just have to get over the initial cost, negotiate smartly, and pay it off in at the most 2 years.

This is for business using write offs. Anyone that doesn’t have that ability is going to get CRUSHED when it comes to value. Buy used if you work for someone else.
I managed to keep my older ones up and running, but I've figured out the same thing.

I used to try to get 2-3 year old ones with 30K miles and let someone else eat the big depreciation and dumping them before they get to 100K. But if you assume a new one and the used will be worth the same money at 90,000 miles, they came out to the penny on a $/mile basis. And you get warranty with a new one.

Now, I managed to find a 4 year old one with 8K miles that I was able to get the cost per mile down some so that's what I'm currently driving, but barring uncovering any other barely driven used vehicles, I'm probably going the new route next time.

Now on our personal vehicle, wife is driving a 5 year old rig.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:46 PM 11-23-2019
But mostly because many Americans are ok with having car payments that are as much as their mortgage. Why have lower prices if people are ok just taking loans for the price you're asking? The consumer has let car prices get crazy in the last decade.
Saw a commercial the other day for a Lincoln Navigator.

They emphasized the price as $72,000 or $849 a month as if it was some sort of bargain.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 44
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up