ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2154 of 3903
« First < 1154165420542104214421502151215221532154 215521562157215821642204225426543154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Have you always wore a mask or just with this particular virus about?
Has there ever been in our lifetimes a pandemic of this scale where wearing a mask was the recommended action?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:08 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i must have missed where you talked about how your eyes and ears breathe...
I don't know how long ago it was when you took basic biology but...

When you swallow or yawn, the tubes open briefly to let air in to make the pressure in the middle ears equal to the pressure outside of the ears. Sometimes fluid or negative pressure gets stuck in the middle ear.

Now, have they proved you can get Covid through the ears? I don't know if they have or haven't. But you can get get viruses through your ears, especially children.
[Reply]
Donger 02:09 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, what's worrisome is why you are so concerned about my manhood? Got something you wish to share with everyone, Donger?
Concern? I think it's funny.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:11 PM 05-21-2020
That negates not the fact that there are side effects. Don't worry, you'll be doing your mask laundry for years and years to come. Maybe they'll come out with an All-Temper-Cheer for masks??? No fading!!!!
They still offer protection used properly , are you saying you are incapable of using one properly?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:11 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Has there ever been in our lifetimes a pandemic of this scale where wearing a mask was the recommended action?
So you're doing it because you're told too. I get it. Because we have had more children die from the flu this year than ever and I don't recall anyone talking about wearing masks to keep them from getting infected.

I guess the cutoff is what, 16k-20k per year before we wear the masks?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:12 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They still offer protection used properly , are you saying you are incapable of using one properly?
Most people don't. You know it. I know it. Every fucking medical professional knows it and many have said just that. Let's not play this game.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:12 PM 05-21-2020
Are you like, just being argumentative?
[Reply]
Donger 02:13 PM 05-21-2020
New York (CNN Business)AstraZeneca's CEO says the US government's $1 billion investment in its coronavirus vaccine is a gamble -- but worth the risk.

Pascal Soriot, the drugmaker's chief executive, said the investment showed the US government is "leading for the American people but also the world."

AstraZeneca (AZN) is working with Oxford University to develop a vaccine, with first deliveries potentially starting in September. The $1 billion investment was announced Thursday.

"We will start getting substantial doses by September-October, and I would say about 30% of our deliveries will take place starting in September-October and the balance will arrive by December or January so a very short timeline if you will. Lots and lots of people will be able to be vaccinated before the end of the year," Soriot told CNN's Julia Chatterley on "First Move."

Soriot did say it is not guaranteed the vaccine will work but said they are confident and that there is good reason for it to work.

"We're trailblazing here because we are not following the standard process, we are partnering with regulators both in the UK and the US, we're working hand in hand with the FDA, we are sharing data on a day to day basis and they have committed themselves to help look at our data as they come so by the time we finish the first [trial] program in August they can rapidly approve the vaccine," said Soriot.

When asked whether he is worried that there hasn't been enough time devoted to challenge the virus to make something that will definitely work, Soriot said, "We are not cutting corners."

"We are moving fast because of this partnership with regulators and the Oxford group and ourselves," he said. "It's a completely standard program, it is just happens that it is done very quickly."

Soriot said drug companies are competing against the virus and not against each other, saying AstraZeneca is doing this for no profit and other manufacturers will do the same.

"We need several vaccines. One vaccine will not be enough. We are all trying to do the same thing which is bring a solution to this terrible pandemic," he said.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:14 PM 05-21-2020
Again we are back to how long must I fear that I am or might be asymptomatic? There is no answer to that.
I would feel like shit if i was the reason my somebody i know got hospitalized but that is just me i guess.
[Reply]
Donger 02:15 PM 05-21-2020
Because we have had more children die from the flu this year than ever
Wrong.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:16 PM 05-21-2020
:-)
It is more a side effect of being stupid , or ignoring instructions given by medical professionals.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:17 PM 05-21-2020
I don't know how long ago it was when you took basic biology but...

When you swallow or yawn, the tubes open briefly to let air in to make the pressure in the middle ears equal to the pressure outside of the ears. Sometimes fluid or negative pressure gets stuck in the middle ear.

Now, have they proved you can get Covid through the ears? I don't know if they have or haven't. But you can get get viruses through your ears, especially children.
once again they arent sucking air in like your lungs...
[Reply]
petegz28 02:18 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Are you like, just being argumentative?
Yes but I am just having some fun.
[Reply]
Donger 02:19 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
once again they arent sucking air in like your lungs...

[Reply]
DaFace 02:20 PM 05-21-2020
Do you actually work for a living, Pete? You have about as many posts in this thread than I have on CP in a year. That's truly impressive.
[Reply]
Page 2154 of 3903
« First < 1154165420542104214421502151215221532154 215521562157215821642204225426543154 > Last »
Up