Page 412 of 449
« First < 312362402408409410411412 413414415416422 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:58 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Teams aren’t gonna give up that kind of haul without a contract in place. If you don’t and you lose him or have to tag him it’s just a pain in the ass and a big value loss
Unless you are the Texans.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Unless you are the Texans.
Yeah they’re not smart
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 10:01 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's actually nothing like AB.
Please, it's the beginning of the season and he's whining and crying to get out. When he doesn't get his way he takes a Maternity leave for an apparent "Unlimited" amount of time in the middle of season! He'll be a problem child wherever he goes, these type of personalities aren't happy unless their sowing strife and conflict.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:02 PM 09-26-2019
Not really. Ramsey isn't throwing a fit about wanting a new contract. He claims he was disrespected by Coughlin and wants out of Jax.

All this stuff about his contract is the definition of "self-invented".
Taking Ramsey's comments and creating a whole narrative about him wanting to go play for someone, so then they can trade him when his contract is up is just silly. What team is going to give up a king's ransom for a 1 year rental player? Ramsey knows no team is going to do that. And we are talking about a guy that showed up to training camp in a MFing Brinks truck. :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 10:03 PM 09-26-2019
And yet the Chiefs won both games.

I get that you're in a panic about the CB position. Doesn't mean they NEED Jalen Ramsey. They don't.
I hope you’re right, but Ward’s play has told a different story so far
[Reply]
44yearsandcounting 10:03 PM 09-26-2019
I’ve been back and forth on this. It seems to me that the best way to get a cb talent like Ramsey is to draft it. At this point, I’m out and given that our O line is just ok, I can’t see the wisdom in giving up the draft capital plus the huge contract. I’d love to have the guy, but not at the cost of keeping or upgrading talent across the board.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:24 PM 09-26-2019
If it’s not at least partly about money, why show up to camp in a brinks truck?

I get it that Ramsey’s style and Coughlins are polar opposites, but to act like money isn’t a part of this is ludacris.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:17 PM 09-26-2019
Our best opportunity to improve the CB position was to get Fitzpatrick from Miami. Screw the Squealers for overpaying for him. He looked good last week for them too. I was excited about that possibility. Ramsey though, it's just not that great of a plan to go and invest the picks and the money in getting him.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:28 PM 09-26-2019
You think the Lions are going to light up the Chiefs?
Doesn't need to be this game or the next 10 games, but you'll see...
[Reply]
Mecca 04:41 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by 44yearsandcounting:
I’ve been back and forth on this. It seems to me that the best way to get a cb talent like Ramsey is to draft it. At this point, I’m out and given that our O line is just ok, I can’t see the wisdom in giving up the draft capital plus the huge contract. I’d love to have the guy, but not at the cost of keeping or upgrading talent across the board.
We don't pick top 5 so good luck with that.
[Reply]
Primeredbeast 06:33 AM 09-27-2019
Flight from Kansas City to Smyrna TN this morning.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:39 AM 09-27-2019

Why do I think he is taking this stance because the Chiefs are a suitor?
[Reply]
gonefishin53 08:12 AM 09-27-2019
I know this will be an unpopular take, but the Chiefs organization needs to start acting like a team that finally has an MVP, GOAT QB and start scouting, drafting, and coaching up homegrown talent and cheap FA acquisitions instead of using draft capital and huge contracts to acquire top shelf talent at a handful of positions. Depth of talent is critical to getting multiple SB trophies with our MVP, GOAT QB.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:23 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
I know this will be an unpopular take, but the Chiefs organization needs to start acting like a team that finally has an MVP, GOAT QB and start scouting, drafting, and coaching up homegrown talent and cheap FA acquisitions instead of using draft capital and huge contracts to acquire top shelf talent at a handful of positions. Depth of talent is critical to getting multiple SB trophies with our MVP, GOAT QB.
Trading picks for players has become actually more common than it ever has before because teams have finally realized unless you pick in the top 10, your pick doesn't really have that much value.

There isn't 1 right way to do it, hell in the early 80s when the Redskins where good they traded picks for players all the time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Doesn't need to be this game or the next 10 games, but you'll see...
Just stop. We all know that you want those two 1st round picks. You're not going to get them, not from the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 412 of 449
« First < 312362402408409410411412 413414415416422 > Last »
Up