Page 262 of 449
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312362 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
staylor26 05:41 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I straight up said the options in the post. Peterson at the trade deadline last year, Murphy or Ya-Sin in the draft this year, and Fitzpatrick and Ramsey in the trade market this year.
First off, it takes two to trade. Peterson hasn’t even been an option.

Second, Ramsey hasn’t been traded.

Third, Fitzpatrick is not an outside corner. He doesn’t fix anything. At all. And we would’ve had to give more than a 1st. You’d bitch about that 100%.

As for the rookies, I’m sorry but they aren’t going to fair any better than Claiborne/Ward against the Pats.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:44 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
First off, it takes two to trade. Peterson hasn’t even been an option.

Second, Ramsey hasn’t been traded.

Third, Fitzpatrick is not an outside corner. He doesn’t fix anything. At all. And we would’ve had to give more than a 1st. You’d bitch about that 100%.

As for the rookies, I’m sorry but they aren’t going to fair any better than Claiborne/Ward against the Pats.
What did I say? Long. Term. We don't have a CB worth a damn under contract after this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:45 PM 09-19-2019
What did I say? Long. Term. We don't have a CB worth a damn under contract after this year.
So the only two solutions that you can come up with are two 2nd round rookies that have proven nothing.

You can bet your ass we will draft at least one next year. We’re not done looking for long term or short term solutions.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:48 PM 09-19-2019
So the only two solutions that you can come up with are two 2nd round rookies that have proven nothing.

You can bet your ass we will draft at least one next year. We’re not done looking for long term or short term solutions.
Of course we will, because we have to, but it would've been nice to have that 1st to draft a CB instead of paying asking price to Seattle for Clark.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:49 PM 09-19-2019
Of course we will, because we have to, but it would've been nice to have that 1st to draft a CB instead of paying asking price to Seattle for Clark.
And now we’re stuck with a top 5 edge rusher in his prime.

Oh the horror.

We still wouldn’t have the guys to cover Brown/Edelman/Gordon and we’d have a huge fucking hole at DE with no long term solution there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:50 PM 09-19-2019
So who would be your starter at DE in that scenario?

Would you have retained Houston or Ford? Neither has proven to be able to stay healthy.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:51 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Would you have retained Houston or Ford? Neither has proven to be able to stay healthy.
People don’t think these kinds of things through. They think these kind of decisions are made in a vacuum.
[Reply]
jettio 05:51 PM 09-19-2019
Brett Veach is best GM Chiefs have had since Arrowhead was built.

If there were a GM draft, Brett Veach would get picked early.
[Reply]
penchief 05:52 PM 09-19-2019
Nah. I'm getting pretty fed up with his inability to address the CB position for the long term. Couldn't make a deal at the deadline last year for Peterson, failed to draft anyone this year (pick went to Clark, who needs to get his ass in gear very quickly) and now he's on the verge of strike 2 this year trying to trade for a CB
Seems to me like other teams always used to get the best of the chiefs in trades. Then when it came time for us to get fair value for a player we could never seem to do it. I for one am glad that Veach doesn't easily capitulate in these situations. That is a different approach than what we are used to and one that will ultimately pay dividends. This team's culture has changed and he is part of the reason.

Not saying we shouldn't do whatever possible to upgrade at cornerback, but it is comforting to know that we have a GM that is not going to give away the farm out of desperation. I think Veach is a lot more measured than some people want to give him credit for.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:53 PM 09-19-2019

Here's the thing. You can NEGOTIATE with Seattle, and drive the price lower. If they don't want to play ball there were plenty of other DEs that don't cost as much either in draft capital or cap space and are only marginally less players. Both Smith's, Flowers, Clowney, Ansah, the list goes on.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:55 PM 09-19-2019
Clowney is the only guy in that list that’s “marginally” less and he doesn’t fit the culture they’re trying to establish/create defensively. Not to mention there are serious injury concerns.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:57 PM 09-19-2019
Anybody who thinks Veach is solely calling the shots here is just naive. Veach finds and brings the players to AR and he makes the decisions both drafting and negotiating pure and simple.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:58 PM 09-19-2019

Devil's advocate here:

Kept Houston then when Clowney became available for peanuts, release Houston and trade for Clowney.

Draft corner with 1st pick.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:58 PM 09-19-2019
Clowney is the only guy in that list that’s “marginally” less and he doesn’t fit the culture they’re trying to establish/create defensively. Not to mention there are serious injury concerns.
Clowney is soft just like Cam Newton.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:00 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Devil's advocate here:

Kept Houston then when Clowney became available for peanuts, release Houston and trade for Clowney.

Draft corner with 1st pick.
Easy to say that in hindsight. What if Clooney doesn’t become available and Houston gets hurt? Both are/were very real scenarios.
[Reply]
Page 262 of 449
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312362 > Last »
Up