ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 791
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265665 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:07 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Have you taken a glance at the account that posted that?

I may be going out on a limb here, but I don’t think that trade actually happened.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The best way to improve the offense (if they're so greedily chasing the "best offense ever") is fixing the defense. There probably aren't any skill players available that will boost their scoring from 35 to 40/game, but if opposing offenses aren't able to keep the O off the field for long stretches, we could absolutely score 40ish per game.
That's the way we see it, yes. Maybe they don't see it that way?
[Reply]
Rausch 11:07 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I don’t think it’s gonna happen, for the record, BUT if it did, this would be the most likely reason.

Make no mistake about it; they’re cutting Watkins after this season. That’s why Veach structured his contract the way they did. They’re not paying him $24 mil. in 2020 to be their third receiving option.

And if you were going to subscribe to this theory with Bell, the thought would be low cap number in year one, higher in years going forward replacing Watkins cap number in 2020 (but still not quite AS high, as he is a running back) and giving the Chiefs a more multi-faceted offense with a RB that can get big yards when needed. In essence, an offense that couldn’t be stopped and had no holes (save an injury). If they did this, they would be trusting in the fact that Spags and his coaches could fix the defense and that it wasn’t really a ‘player’ issue.

Not saying I agree with this approach or am in favor of it (I prefer spending the money on defense at this point), but this would be the line of thinking I would presume.

Will be interesting to see what happens either way . . . . .
Don't get me wrong I'm the biggest Bell fan there is (I pimped us drafting him the year he came out) but not at the price he's asking.

The only thing I could think of that makes this possible is that the Pitt locker room was sooOOOO bad he just wanted out and used money as an excuse...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Don't get me wrong I'm the biggest Bell fan there is (I pimped us drafting him the year he came out) but not at the price he's asking.

The only thing I could think of that makes this possible is that the Pitt locker room was sooOOOO bad he just wanted out and used money as an excuse...
Dude, Ben Roethlisberger might be one of the worst locker room leaders ever. He's selfish, arrogant, and stubborn. And both the head coach and GM just said that it's HIS locker room. They're giving him full control.

Why do you think Bell and Brown want out?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:11 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, Ben Roethlisberger might be one of the worst locker room leaders ever. He's selfish, arrogant, and stubborn. And both the head coach and GM just said that it's HIS locker room. They're giving him full control.

Very much looking forward to seeing them implode next season. They’ll finish 6-10 or worse. No Brown, no Bell, shitty defense, coach that’s probably overstayed his welcome, it’s all a recipe for disaster. And I’m gonna enjoy every second of it.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:11 AM 03-07-2019

That's the thing. If he just refused to sign with them for that $$$ and would take say $12-$15 a year here it's at least doable...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:12 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not happening.

I don’t know why people continue to ignore that Terez already shot Bell to KC down.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah Terez is the dude. I agree.

I think Landon Collins is happening though. I would put money on it at this point.
I'm firmly in this camp. There is no way under God we could be that irresponsible when we're trying to chase down a championship and almost have to build a defense from scratch. Are you kidding me? I mean, who dreamed up this LSD-induced scenario?

The only, ONLY way this signing occurs is if Bell has been somehow magically sweet-talked in to taking a 1st year peanuts/ring-seeker deal with EVERYTHING on hold until 2020. And that's it. And do you see Bell or his agent going for that?

Yeah, me neither.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:12 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Very much looking forward to seeing them implode next season. They’ll finish 6-10 or worse. No Brown, no Bell, shitty defense, coach that’s probably overstayed his welcome, it’s all a recipe for disaster. And I’m gonna enjoy every second of it.
And if the Browns can add another threat at WR they can legitimately contend for winning that division this year...
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:13 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Guys this defense is in a rebuild mode, I'd assume the plan is to have it ready in 2-3 years so that Patrick Mahomes has a young (under contract) defense by the time he gets paid.

You are not going to rely on defense during these seasons.... You are going to rely on offense and ball control.
I agree we’ll win with offense but we did not have good ball control at all. Terrible time of possession against playoff caliber teams.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 03-07-2019
That's the thing. If he just refused to sign with them for that $$$ and would take say $12-$15 a year here it's at least doable...
Why in God's name would it be ok to pay a running back that?

No. Guys, no. It's not a good idea.

That's 2 defensive backs. That's a center and a safety.

No.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:13 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
And do you see Bell or his agent going for that?

Yeah, me neither.
Exactly...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 03-07-2019
Let's just put it this way.

For all of the talk around here about Rivers and Brady, Ben Roethlisberger makes both of them look like choir boys. He's the worst of the worst, on and off the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 03-07-2019

No.
Because Veach wants to? What control do we have over it?
[Reply]
Rausch 11:14 AM 03-07-2019

No.
It's not what I would do.

In a perfect world we draft Bell instead of Hunt. We didn't.

He's too expensive now...
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 03-07-2019
Because Veach wants to? What control do we have over it?
So you're weeks long crusade on Dee Ford was?

I don't have control over any of it. Still makes it a terrible allotment of resources.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 791
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265665 > Last »
Up