ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 43
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is what we’re likely going to have in terms of draft picks for 2021:

If Veach nails this draft, the NFL is ****ed.

Also, since you mentioned LB specifically, Dylan Moses is a guy that has fallen into our range due to a slow start coming back from an ACL injury and the emergence of other players at the position.

I’d be ecstatic with that pick in the 1st.
I’d see if I could leverage that first for more 2nds 3rds. We need a lot of cheap labor
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 PM 11-17-2020
So is baker actually any good?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:08 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Damn it feels good to be a SB champion.
The work that Brett Veach has done in the past two years is absolutely mind blowing.

The secondary was a tire fire in January 2019 yet less than 2 years later, the Chiefs secondary is without a doubt, Top 5 in the entire NFL and if Baker can reach his potential, it's probably Top 3.

I'll never understand why Veach isn't pimped by NFL writers as the best GM in the game.
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:08 PM 11-17-2020
If the Chiefs sign him to the PS and they want to keep Baker, no other team can sign him away.

They have to do this each week but the Chiefs can "Protect" Baker on the PS and another team can't sign him. The NFL created this "Protection" rule in 2020 so teams could protect and keep a player that they were short on for their 53 man active roster. For example: You have 6 healthy offensive linemen going into the week, it would probably be a good idea to protect PS offensive lineman in case they needed to be used in the game that week. A team can protect up to 4 players on their PS. The Chiefs could use this to hang on to Baker if they wanted to.

Also this rule for PS has always been there. The team that has the PS player can move the player up to their 53 man active roster, if another team tries to sign him.

I think this is all good.

Chiefs will be able to see if Baker is what they hope for on the PS and move him up if his practice looks good and the Chiefs think he can help the team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:09 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is what we’re likely going to have in terms of draft picks for 2021:

If Veach nails this draft, the NFL is ****ed.

Also, since you mentioned LB specifically, Dylan Moses is a guy that has fallen into our range due to a slow start coming back from an ACL injury and the emergence of other players at the position.

I’d be ecstatic with that pick in the 1st.
Yeah Moses is the guy I was thinking of wouldnt even be mad if they took Moore.

Really can't go wrong with the pick.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:11 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d see if I could leverage that first for more 2nds 3rds. We need a lot of cheap labor
I think that it's more likely they'd get another 2nd and a 4th for #32 but if their guy is there, take him.

I'd really hate to see them pass on a Chase Claypool/JuJu/DK type of receiver at #32.

This offense would be even more productive and unstoppable with that kind of receiver opposite Hill, Kelce and Hardman.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:12 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Takk McKinley failed his physical so he's back out there again...
You know what to do, Burt.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:12 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The work that Brett Veach has done in the past two years is absolutely mind blowing.

The secondary was a tire fire in January 2019 yet less than 2 years later, the Chiefs secondary is without a doubt, Top 5 in the entire NFL and if Baker can reach his potential, it's probably Top 3.

I'll never understand why Veach isn't pimped by NFL writers as the best GM in the game.
It's amazing how low the bar was set for Chiefs GM the last 10-15 years I thought Dorsey was a great GM. With hindsight he was a little above average and the Chiefs made the right move dumping him for Veach.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:12 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Damn it feels good to be a SB champion.
We really should have done it sooner.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-expe...practice-squad

A probable low-risk, high-upside addition is coming to the reigning Super Bowl champions.

The Kansas City Chiefs are expected to sign former New York Giants first-round pick Deandre Baker to the practice squad in the next few days, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

Baker, a cornerback out of Georgia, is planned to visit the Chiefs initially, but has no other visits planned. After signing to the practice squad to gain experience with the club, it's expected that he'll be promoted to the active roster, Garafolo added.

News of Baker joining the Chiefs comes just a day following robbery charges were dropped against him in Florida. Baker was cleared of charges Monday after his alleged victims' attorney was arrested on extortion charges. The Broward County (Florida) State Attorney's Office announced it was dropping charges against Baker shortly after the county sheriff's office arrested attorney William Dean, 50, and charged him with extortion.

The 23-year-old Baker was charged with holding up four men at gunpoint in May in Fort Lauderdale. Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar, who had originally been accused of assisting Baker, had previously been cleared for lack of evidence.

Selected 30th overall by the Giants in the 2019 NFL Draft, Baker played in 16 games as a rookie with 15 starts and 61 tackles tallied. He was set to return to a starting role with the Giants ahead of his arrest. Following his arrest, Baker was placed on the Commissioner's Exempt List in July and released by the Giants in September.

Now Baker gets another chance with an NFL squad.
Last sentence is off.

It should read "Now Baker gets another chance with THE NFL squad."

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 PM 11-17-2020
I think that it's more likely they'd get another 2nd and a 4th for #32 but if their guy is there, take him.

I'd really hate to see them pass on a Chase Claypool/JuJu/DK type of receiver at #32.

This offense would be even more productive and unstoppable with that kind of receiver opposite Hill, Kelce and Hardman.
Wouldn’t be opposed to it

Would like to see them invest in the interior ol early somewhere

Maybe a DE
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 PM 11-17-2020

He will be.

Oh, he will be.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:18 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's amazing how low the bar was set for Chiefs GM the last 10-15 years I thought Dorsey was a great GM. With hindsight he was a little above average and the Chiefs made the right move dumping him for Veach.
The best thing about Brett Veach is that he's been with Reid for so long that he instinctively knows which kind of player will fit his offense and Spagnuolo's defense which seriously, is more than half the battle.

Peterson and Pioli just drafted guys with no plan in mind as to how and where they'd fit in the scheme, which is why they were always so inconsistent.

The best teams in the NFL - the Dynasty Teams - such as the 80's/90's 49ers and Pittsburgh Steelers - have kept the same exact offensive and defensive schemes in place for decades. The Giants were like that, too, with Parcells and George Young as well as with Tom Coughlin.

This is basically what I've dreamed of as Chiefs fan my entire life: Year-In, Year-Out consistency in scheme. The Chiefs had been spinning their wheels for so long that it's nice to finally have that stability that we've all wanted from this franchise.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:19 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So is baker actually any good?
In the NFL no not really at least not so far. He has all the tools, but was out of position a lot last season.

He was aces at Georgia. Giants fans say he has a bad attitude and fell asleep in meetings.

This could be a feel good story in a couple years if he has his shit together now.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:20 PM 11-17-2020
The best thing about Brett Veach is that he's been with Reid for so long that he instinctively knows which kind of player will fit his offense and Spagnuolo's defense which seriously, is more than half the battle.

Peterson and Pioli just drafted guys with no plan in mind as to how and where they'd fit in the scheme, which is why they were always so inconsistent.

The best teams in the NFL - the Dynasty Teams - such as the 80's/90's 49ers and Pittsburgh Steelers - have kept the same exact offensive and defensive schemes in place for decades. The Giants were like that, too, with Parcells and George Young as well as with Tom Coughlin.

This is basically what I've dreamed of as Chiefs fan my entire life: Year-In, Year-Out consistency in scheme. The Chiefs had been spinning their wheels for so long that it's nice to finally have that stability that we've all wanted from this franchise.
We have the potential to be a more fun and likable version of the Patriots. It’ll be so easy to lead the way in these prove-it signings if the team can prolong its success.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 43
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up