ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 298
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195245 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:07 AM 12-03-2018
It's one thing when the Patriots or Rams put up numbers. It's another when the Raiders do it.
There are some talent issues; but when every free agent you sign looks worse than they ever have in their previous stops, and every drafted player looks clueless there's an inherent problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:09 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
No. They did not lose. I get that. And I get that this defense forces the offense to have to play "Lights Out," which they have been able to do all season. Yesterday was another example.
Does this defense force the offense to play that way? Or does the offense force the defense? That's actually a sincere question - I believe it's a bit of both.

However, yielding 30 to Oakland is a good indicator that you're terrible on defense. That's the point I'm making.
And, the KC defense managed to cause, and get 3 turnovers, and they still gave up 30. That's just terrible.
Yep.
[Reply]
TEX 09:09 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I implore everyone to go back a page or two and use my "visual aid" to understand that the NFL is NOT trending to high-scoring shootouts, and that when the Raiders or these other shitty teams are putting up numbers in the high 20's in to 30's against us, THAT IS A SHITTY ****ING DEFENSE!

At some point, the D-Coord HAS TO OWN THIS SHIT. It's not a bump in the road, it's a ****ing trend that has been getting worse with EVERY ****ING SEASON SINCE 2015!

****!
Oh - I know. I told RR that yesterday back in this thread. The defense needs to find a way to step it up a bit, especially with the loss of Hunt, or another playoff collapse is right around the corner - Even with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:09 AM 12-03-2018
It doesn't matter if Sutton is the greatest DC ever, he still has to go. You need to get rid of everyone and start over. You can't allow a guy to keep his job when you have a defense this crappy. Any other place Sutton would have been fired after the Colts playoff meltdown but not here.

Someone keeps playing Murray, Parker, Ragland etc Even Sorenson shouldn't get a pass he wasn't that great to begin with but we keep throwing these guys back out there expecting a different result. Insanity is the word, time to start over on D.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's one thing when the Patriots or Rams put up numbers. It's another when the Raiders do it.
There are some talent issues; but when every free agent you sign looks worse than they ever have in their previous stops, and every drafted player looks clueless there's an inherent problem.
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
It doesn't matter if Sutton is the greatest DC ever, he still has to go. You need to get rid of everyone and start over. You can't allow a guy to keep his job when you have a defense this crappy. Any other place Sutton would have been fired after the Colts playoff meltdown but not here.

Someone keeps playing Murray, Parker, Ragland etc Even Sorenson shouldn't get a pass he wasn't that great to begin with but we keep throwing these guys back out there expecting a different result. Insanity is the word, time to start over on D.
:-):-):-)

It has gone beyond responsibility. It's about accountability at this point.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:13 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Of course we're also snakebit, who knows what happens if we get Thomas before he breaks his leg. I think a good/great safety can go a long way. I'm sorry I know you love Sutton but this just isn't working. All this being said I fear nothing will happen until Bob steps down on his own.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Of course we're also snakebit, who knows what happens if we get Thomas before he breaks his leg. I think a good/great safety can go a long way. I'm sorry I know you love Sutton but this just isn't working. All this being said I fear nothing will happen until Bob steps down on his own.
:-)

I don't love Sutton at all.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:14 AM 12-03-2018
Yeah, if you want a Superbowl contender, you eliminate, or address weaknesses. Sutton has had a good 6 years to make this defense into something, anything at all, and he's failed. If it's not the sacks that have been lacking in years past, then it's turnovers this year, his defenses always seem to lack a key critical component. It's exactly like Alex, it's time to stop blaming the talent around him and start to know when to cut the cord. Regardless of how we do in the playoffs, he needs to go, because we wouldn't have lost the games we've lost if we had a better DC in there.
[Reply]
TEX 09:15 AM 12-03-2018
Does this defense force the offense to play that way? Or does the offense force the defense? That's actually a sincere question - I believe it's a bit of both.

Yep.
Good question to ponder - Can be asked when talking about the Rams defensive woes too. Although I think when Talib gets back, he's going to allow Wade to run his press defense the way he wants. Maybe Berry will have that same effect with Sutton - We'll see.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:17 AM 12-03-2018
Good question to ponder - Can be asked when talking about the Rams defensive woes too. Although I think when Talib gets back, he's going to allow Wade to run his press defense the way he wants. Maybe Berry will have that same effect with Sutton - We'll see.
You hit the nail on the head, IMO.

No Berry = no defense. That's the biggest problem with Sutton because guys like Berry don't grow on trees.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:18 AM 12-03-2018

How do you have accountability without responsibility?
[Reply]
TEX 09:19 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Truth. The, "But...But...but... it takes (insert amount of time here) to fully understand the scheme" excuse has some truth to it, but you're doing something wrong there too if it's too complicated for everyone to comprehend at the same time.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:20 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Yeah, if you want a Superbowl contender, you eliminate, or address weaknesses. Sutton has had a good 6 years to make this defense into something, anything at all, and he's failed. If it's not the sacks that have been lacking in years past, then it's turnovers this year, his defenses always seem to lack a key critical component. It's exactly like Alex, it's time to stop blaming the talent around him and start to know when to cut the cord. Regardless of how we do in the playoffs, he needs to go, because we wouldn't have lost the games we've lost if we had a better DC in there.
Funny, Bob Sutton coordinated the #1 defense in the league not 3 years ago, yet he's been a "failure" for 6 years?

Some of you watching a different sport??
[Reply]
petegz28 09:21 AM 12-03-2018
When your resume with the Chiefs holds multiple playoff leads blown in record proportion, sprinkled in with several games of not making clutch stops or at times any stops, you have a problem with the Coach and how he is using the personnel.

You cannot have the same type of shit happen year after year after year and always blame the players. If it was the players then bench\replace guys. But whether it was Peters\DJ\Berry or Ford\Hitchens\Parker, this team has consistently been unable to stop teams defensively.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 298
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195245 > Last »
Up