[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sacks- T 1st
INT- T 4th
Passer rating allowed- 5th
Forced Fumbles- T 6th
Points allowed- 16th

All with 2 new players in the secondary and no Eric Berry.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:59 PM 11-12-2018
Chiefs had the Cards silent count deciphered.

https://old.reddit.com/r/AZCardinals...ount_impacted/

Originally Posted by :
Step 1 - Josh Rosen extends his arm down. You've probably seen this a bunch of times.

Step 2 - the RG (normally Pugh) is looking back at Rosen and when he shoots his arm down, Pugh taps the Center to let him know he's good to snap.

Step 3 - the C (Cole) dips his head one time to see the QB and then snaps the ball. (Note: This is only for shotgun formations)

The Chiefs did their homework because they had our silent count down to a T. (Props to Dee Ford he was on top of this all game) because of this they were able to time our shotgun snaps and get a great jump on the edge, it made blocking the edge even more difficult for our already sub par RT, Mr. Andre Smith.

This
sack is a great clip of what I'm getting at. You can watch the Rosen silent count go through, and then see Dee Ford (55 for the Chiefs) get off the line immediately.

To get a better look, set the video speed at 0.25 ... almost the instant Cole dips his head before the snap Dee is already moving.

Andre Smith was fucked from the start. This is just one clip but on almost every single pressure there was a constant theme, they were getting a lightning fast jump on our snap.

[Reply]
carcosa 04:01 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Dee Ford was rushing so hard at the end of the game that no comeback was even possible. He was blasting around that edge and causing holding penalties, forcing step-ups into pressure, ect for play after play.

If KC gets a lead and ford can do THAT, this team won't be beaten. Fuck the Rams. Fuck the Patriots.

18-1.
HELL TO THE FUCK YEAH!!!!!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:06 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs had the Rams silent count deciphered.

https://old.reddit.com/r/AZCardinals...ount_impacted/
Cardinals?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:52 PM 11-12-2018
Sacks- T 1st
INT- T 4th
Passer rating allowed- 5th
Forced Fumbles- T 6th
Points allowed- 16th

All with 2 new players in the secondary and no Eric Berry.

Great Value.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:53 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Cardinals?

You would think the Rams with the massive cloud of crows circling overhead...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:17 PM 11-12-2018
look at this fucking pass rush

Jones' "better physique/shape" has boosted his already good pass rush. Still with the strong, quick hands on the 2 hand swipe to clear the OG and put em off balance. The lateral agility to get outside his frame in 1 step. Now, the flexibility to reduce contact area in traffic �� pic.twitter.com/GrkoGHOPax

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) November 13, 2018

[Reply]
RunKC 08:37 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
36 ppg against the 3 teams we've played that are likely to be in the playoffs.

Keenumx2
Bortles
Dalton
Mayfield
Rosen

Actually stop a team with a legit QB and then we'll talk.
So I guess this means the Rams are a total shit defense too since they gave up 34 PPG against Rodgers, Brees and Wilson the last 3 games.

Mahomes about to bring that average to at least 37 :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:42 PM 11-12-2018
So I guess this means the Rams are a total shit defense too since they gave up 34 PPG against Rodgers, Brees and Wilson the last 3 games.

Outside of Donald they aren't shit. Did you really need that explained to you?
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:50 PM 11-12-2018
Good writeup on the Chiefs' OLBs and coach Mike Smith.

Originally Posted by :
In early June, I wrote about how the Chiefs had decided to part ways with linebackers coach Gary Gibbs, splitting the room into two—Mark DeLeone with the inside linebackers and Mike Smith with the outside linebackers.

It probably does not get talked about quite enough, but the job Smith has done may be directly leading to the success that we have seen from Ford, who is in the midst of the best season of his career, as well as the room as a whole.

“It’s helped tremendously,” Ford said earlier this season regarding the linebacker coach split. “Mike is great. He is a student of the game. Everything is repetitive. Every day, we do the same thing and we are getting better at smaller things. It is crazy, we’ve played for so many years, and Justin (Houston) and I talk all the time with our steps being awful at times.

“We are just so athletic and strong we can just get away with it. But now, having that coach, Mike is phenomenal.”
I get in arguments about football and baseball occasionally with other posters who say stuff like "All pros should already know how to tackle/field/footwork/etc." - which basically means position coaches are barely even required.

I don't agree with that. I think coaching can still make a huge difference - even at the pros. Either by teaching new skills or keeping existing skills from slipping - which can always happen when you're trying to perform at the absolute outer limits of human athleticism.

I remember the Royals defense going from really good under John Wathan - to utter crap under Hal McRae - same players. And it wasn't immediate, you could see the defense slowly deteriorate throughout the year under McRae. It really seemed like their fundamentals just slowly slipped, not being drilled enough or in the right way.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:53 PM 11-12-2018

superturtle hates bob sutton

nobody wants to listen to logic with this guy

our defense has improved BIGLY
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:57 PM 11-12-2018

Prove it against a contender. Or quit letting Ron Parker play almost 100% of our defensive snaps. Until then he can eat shit.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:01 PM 11-12-2018

Must pitch shut outs and win like Alabama in CFB every game or people will bitch.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:03 PM 11-12-2018
tell me again about how much run defense matters

The Seahawks rushed for 273 yards today, their most in a loss in franchise history.

They had been 7-0 all-time when rushing for at least that many yards in a single game. pic.twitter.com/JyHhaJc4lA

— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 12, 2018

[Reply]
carcosa 06:01 PM 12-02-2018
Fucking fire his ass.

I don't care if it's "not his fault." Somebody needs to be held accountable for this shitshow.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 298
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Up