ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3364 of 3903
« First < 2364286432643314335433603361336233633364 33653366336733683374341434643864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:50 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The current recommendation is even if you had covid like yourself you still need to get vaccinated.

But anyway that link I posted you can use the slider to see how long it will take. If you drop HI down to 70% doing 25 million vaccines a week it will still take 20 weeks approximately.

Which means we better get on it.
You don't need 95% efficacy on a vaccine to get to HI. Thats a major flaw in the math.
[Reply]
Donger 09:50 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's not a political post retard. Having a person responsible for rolling out the vaccines say they voted against giving it to nursing home residents because they preferred vaccine safety perception management to reducing death is NEWSWORTHY and worth discussing.

As for politics, I can tell you are very into it. I am not. Could care less and don't vote. So of course, again, you have no idea what you are talking about but would like to censor any idea, thought or action that doesn't fit into propaganda YOUR small mind would find acceptable.
Is that right, dipshit?

Wowowow this is unbelievable - the politics of trying to shove vaccines onto everyone superseded the reality that nursing home residents are FAR more at risk than almost everyone else. And she admits it!

And, it's "I could not care less."
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have not all cases confirmed via PCR been infected with SARS-CoV-2, despite the "issues" with said test?
No....there are false positives out there.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:52 AM 12-30-2020
Is that right, dipshit?

Wowowow this is unbelievable - the politics of trying to shove vaccines onto everyone superseded the reality that nursing home residents are FAR more at risk than almost everyone else. And she admits it!

And, it's "I could not care less."
Yes, she said it. Are you SLOW?!

Oh now I get it. You have some kind of learning disability and the English language confuses you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:53 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Or let's put it this way, only 50% or so of people get the flu shot. WTF do we think we are going to get 90% of people vaccinated at all with the Covid vaccine let alone in a year or less?
Its nonsense, complete nonsense. We don't need 70 or 80% to get the vaccine and we don't need both shots for it to be effective to get to HI either.

I'm pretty sure Hamas has posted a number somewhere in the 50% effective range being good enough for a vaccine.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:53 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You don't need 95% efficacy on a vaccine to get to HI. Thats a major flaw in the math.
Why does herd immunity even matter in determining efficacy if the vaccine doesn't stop transmission?
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:54 AM 12-30-2020
Phase 1A is health care workers and nursing home members but of course this is left up to the individual states.
[Reply]
Donger 09:54 AM 12-30-2020
Yes, she said it. Are you SLOW?!
And you posted it. Hence, my reply and report. Your agenda has been clear all along. Please stop it.

Thanks, in advance, for your cooperation.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:54 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t really care whose fault it is. The fact remains that it’s an embarrassment that we have so many doses ready and very few have been shot in arms.

We’ve literally had months and months to figure this shit out and this is what happens.

Jesus
Our Governors are too worried about locking down outdoor dining and have no time to worry about trivial things like a vaccine. Seriously though, if they approached the vaccine getting distributed like they do their lockdowns things might be better.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:55 AM 12-30-2020
And you posted it. Hence, my reply and report. Your agenda has been clear all along. Please stop it.

Thanks, in advance, for your cooperation.

Go work on your reading comprehension.

And no one is going to cooperate with someone like you.
[Reply]
Donger 09:56 AM 12-30-2020
Seems to be that it's a combination of efficacy and percentage of the population getting stuck. Measles needs ~90% of the population vaccinated. I have no idea what the efficacy of the vaccine is though.
[Reply]
Donger 09:57 AM 12-30-2020
Go work on your reading comprehension.

And no one is going to cooperate with someone like you.
I already bolded the operative word, numb nuts. I would have thought that was sufficient. Seems not.

Have a nice day.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Why does herd immunity even matter in determining efficacy if the vaccine doesn't stop transmission?
Efficacy doesn’t have much to do with HI necessarily

I’d be pretty shocked if this doesn’t prevent transmission. Would kind of go against everything we know about vaccinations and immunology
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:05 AM 12-30-2020
I already bolded the operative word, numb nuts. I would have thought that was sufficient. Seems not.

Have a nice day.
numb nuts

So I am talking to the elderly. Got it.

No, because the relevant point was that someone responsible for the vaccine rollout stated HERSELF that she voted against prioritizing vaccines for the nursing homes because it might hurt the vaccine safety perception in the general public.

She stated that protecting the vaccine's reputation was more important than reducing deaths NOW.

Why does this fact bother you so much you changed the subject? I just thought it showed why we might be having problems with this rollout as saving lives can take a backseat to other agendas that others have.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:07 AM 12-30-2020
Seems to be that it's a combination of efficacy and percentage of the population getting stuck. Measles needs ~90% of the population vaccinated. I have no idea what the efficacy of the vaccine is though.
It is 93% and Dr. Fauci said we may need to be close to what we do for measles to stop covid.

Originally Posted by :
Hard as it may be to hear, he said, he believes that it may take close to 90 percent immunity to bring the virus to a halt — almost as much as is needed to stop a measles outbreak.

Asked about Dr. Fauci’s conclusions, prominent epidemiologists said that he might be proven right. The early range of 60 to 70 percent was almost undoubtedly too low, they said, and the virus is becoming more transmissible, so it will take greater herd immunity to stop it.

[Reply]
Page 3364 of 3903
« First < 2364286432643314335433603361336233633364 33653366336733683374341434643864 > Last »
Up