ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2464 of 3903
« First < 1464196423642414245424602461246224632464 246524662467246824742514256429643464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:04 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Fun fact: AZ, TX, and FL all opened up early.
Meanwhile CA had the most new cases today and continues to surge faster than the 3 states you mentioned.
[Reply]
kgrund 06:05 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am too. She is a real piece of work. She punted everything to the localities then apparently when some weren't doing what her and her butt buddies wanted then she decided to be Queen again.
She is a Democrat in an overwhelming Republican state. She does does act with the swagger of a NY or CA governor because at the end of the day she knows her rope is short unlike theirs.
[Reply]
Donger 06:06 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
That's what pisses me off. The way they are wording things, I fully expect her to say masks are required until a vaccine is available.
Perhaps she's actually going to follow the task force guidelines for re-opening, which is what every state should have done.
[Reply]
Donger 06:08 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While I understand the frustration, what difference does it make? They could give you a date, then extend, then extend, then extend.... The final result is the same.
Dates have never mattered. I get why people "need" to hear it, but it's never made any sense.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:09 PM 06-29-2020
I am too. She is a real piece of work. She punted everything to the localities then apparently when some weren't doing what her and her butt buddies wanted then she decided to be Queen again.
You're fucking stupid Pete. She is doing this because there are rises in cases and the localities aren't being proactive to it. Hell my county commission voted 3-0 to go against our health department recommendations to continue a slow reopening and so there are no restrictions in place.

“This doesn’t change where you can go or what you can do. It just means if you’re around other people, you must wear a mask.”

Kelly said enforcement should occur at the local level, and she encouraged city and county officials to take the order seriously.

“As cases continue to rise, masks are the best defense to keep Kansans at work, to get our kids back to school and to keep ourselves and our neighbors healthy,” Kelly said.

“COVID-19 is still in our communities,” Kelly said. “It is still spreading.”

She said mask wearing is necessary to avoid another shutdown of the state’s economy.

“When we look at where we are seeing clusters of cases, we are not seeing them in businesses where masks are worn,” Kelly said. “We have no clusters attributed to barber shops, hair salons or dental offices. However, we are seeing a significant increase in clusters related to gatherings where masks are not being worn.”
[Reply]
Donger 06:12 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
“When we look at where we are seeing clusters of cases, we are not seeing them in businesses where masks are worn,” Kelly said. “We have no clusters attributed to barber shops, hair salons or dental offices. However, we are seeing a significant increase in clusters related to gatherings where masks are not being worn.”
Pfffft. Pussies.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:15 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
You're ****ing stupid Pete. She is doing this because there are rises in cases and the localities aren't being proactive to it. Hell my county commission voted 3-0 to go against our health department recommendations to continue a slow reopening and so there are no restrictions in place.

“This doesn’t change where you can go or what you can do. It just means if you’re around other people, you must wear a mask.”

Kelly said enforcement should occur at the local level, and she encouraged city and county officials to take the order seriously.

“As cases continue to rise, masks are the best defense to keep Kansans at work, to get our kids back to school and to keep ourselves and our neighbors healthy,” Kelly said.

“COVID-19 is still in our communities,” Kelly said. “It is still spreading.”

She said mask wearing is necessary to avoid another shutdown of the state’s economy.

Yeah, I know what she said but thanks anyway
[Reply]
TLO 06:29 PM 06-29-2020
Would someone please take a look at this? From what I am reading, hospitalization from the flu is more likely for ages >35? Not sure if I'm reading it right though.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....full.pdf+html

There are charts at the bottom. You don't have to read the whole thing.
[Reply]
cdcox 06:44 PM 06-29-2020
Because people want to hear a plan, not just off the cuff bullshit. Even the idiot Mayor in KC had a timeline he was talking about.

When you give a timeline or some other criteria it says you have thought this through and know what it is your are looking for. When you just say this is now the law without anything else it sounds like you are just doing shit to do it.
The virus decides./Fauci
[Reply]
Pants 06:55 PM 06-29-2020
Deaths are at < 2 a day for the state of Ks
Hospitals are in no jeopardy at all right now.

I think the question is why she is coming out now with this and didn't even give a timeline. This seems to me to be because some of the areas such as JOCO didn't go along with her buddies across the state line.

I mean how in the fuck do you call for masks and quarantine other states but not Texas? It just doesn't come off as very well thought out.
pete, did you read that bit about exponential growth? It starts SLOW, like it's nothing major, and the hospitals are not overwhelmed at all. By the time they are, it's too late. I am not sure how much simpler I can make it.

The cases are going up in Kansas. It's not a good trend. It's made worse by the fact that this is not going to be a linear, controlled and measured thing.

Again, CASES ARE GOING UP. Implementing mitigation measures is a good thing.

I wish wearing masks was not politicized in this country. That's literally the only thing making people not want to wear them.

It's fucking painful to watch.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:02 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Would someone please take a look at this? From what I am reading, hospitalization from the flu is more likely for ages >35? Not sure if I'm reading it right though.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....full.pdf+html

There are charts at the bottom. You don't have to read the whole thing.
That isn't the conclusion of the study. The conclusion is that if you looked at the ages of 1000 people who were in the hospital with the flu and compared it to 1000 people in the hospital with Covid 19, the average age of the covid group would be lower. In other words, the study concludes that age is a bigger factor in hospitalizations with flu than for covid. Same with co-morbidities.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:06 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
pete, did read that bit about exponential growth? It starts slows and the hospitals are not overwhelmed at all. By the time they are, it's too late. I am not sure how much simpler I can make it.

The cases are going up in Kansas. It's not a good trend. It's made worse by the fact that this is not going to be a linear, controlled and measured thing.

I wish wearing masks was not politicized in this country. That's literally the only thing making people not wanting to wear them.

It's fucking painful to watch.
Yeah, states are constantly learning from other states, and trying to predict what will happen and how quickly it'll happen is largely guesswork. Even with so much data, there are a lot of variables that go into play... population density, use of public transportation, the adoption of masks, what each city deems necessary to close down, etc.

You want to act early enough, but not too early... you have to balance the economy and people's jobs and ways of life with death and hospital capacity and healthcare worker sanity, etc.

And then you're asking politicians of all people to just figure it out themselves.
[Reply]
Pants 07:08 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You want to act early enough, but not too early... you have to balance the economy and people's jobs and ways of life with death and hospital capacity and healthcare worker sanity, etc.
Absolutely. I 100% agree. I wouldn't put masks in that category, though.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:08 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
pete, did read that bit about exponential growth? It starts slows and the hospitals are not overwhelmed at all. By the time they are, it's too late. I am not sure how much simpler I can make it.

I wish wearing masks was not politicized in this country. That's literally the only thing making people not wanting to wear them.

It's ****ing painful to watch.

If you want to make it more simple you could start by using complete and coherent sentences. Watching you lecture me without them is painful.
[Reply]
Pants 07:09 PM 06-29-2020
If you want to make it more simple you could start by using complete and coherent sentences. Watching you lecture me without them is painful.
No problem. Fixed.
[Reply]
Page 2464 of 3903
« First < 1464196423642414245424602461246224632464 246524662467246824742514256429643464 > Last »
Up