ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:54 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
KC United - Steak & Shake will remind you of Winsteads, only better. Ever get over there anymore?
I haven't been to Winstead's since early 2000, unfortunately.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:54 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Their fish sandwich was outstanding, but it was $$$.
Agree. The fish sandwich is really good, but it's expensive for fast food.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:54 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
They offer a gluten free bun-which is great for my kid. We have been eating there a lot.
That's good to know if I ever come across a Culver's in my travels. Do you know if their fries are safe, too? Five guys and Red Robin are my go-tos when it comes to burgers because they do GF right.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:54 PM 11-14-2017
Also, definitely not to be confused with Calvert's in KC. Seriously one of the most permanent commercial jingles etched into my head. I hear it immediately whenever I see mention of Culver's for some reason.

"Calvert's we're going to WOW you. Calvert's express auto service and tire
We're fixing it fast, we're fixing it riiiight"

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:54 PM 11-14-2017

[Reply]
gblowfish 12:56 PM 11-14-2017
A bunch of Winstead's in the KC area have closed over the past year or two. The burgers are good, but they're pretty small for what you pay for them. It just never seems to be a very good value for what you get.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:57 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Also, definitely not to be confused with Calvert's in KC. Seriously one of the most permanent commercial jingles etched into my head. I hear it immediately whenever I see mention of Culver's for some reason.

"Calvert's we're going to WOW you. Calvert's express auto service and tire
We're fixing it fast, we're fixing it riiiight"

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:58 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
A bunch of Winstead's in the KC area have closed over the past year or two. The burgers are good, but they're pretty small for what you pay for them. It just never seems to be a very good value for what you get.
I couldn't agree more.
[Reply]
88TG88 01:01 PM 11-14-2017
Five guys is super pricey. Its good, but not sure it's worth the price
[Reply]
otherstar 01:07 PM 11-14-2017
I love Culver's, but there aren't very many in Houston. There is one in Kingwood that I like to eat at when I visit my kids. It's the only place I can get anything that resembles a tenderloin sandwich.

EDIT: I usually only get tenderloins, onion rings, and cheese curds there, sometimes a burger. Their burgers aren't bad, but they don't compare to Whataburger :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:08 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by 88TG88:
Five guys is super pricey. Its good, but not sure it's worth the price
I hear this all of the time on CP - can someone elaborate? They're literally $2 higher than a quarter pounder w/ cheese value meal.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:17 PM 11-14-2017
I suppose you don't get the drink in that cost - but still - soft drinks are that important to me, personally.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:17 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
That's good to know if I ever come across a Culver's in my travels. Do you know if their fries are safe, too? Five guys and Red Robin are my go-tos when it comes to burgers because they do GF right.
Most places do fries in their own fryer. But it does not hurt to ask
[Reply]
dls6501 01:19 PM 11-14-2017
I personally have a huge problem with a lot of places that are compared to one another as fast food. 5 Guys is not a fast food restaurant. Neither is Shake Shack. If your establishment doesnt ordinarily have a drive-thru, it is NOT fast food.

I have In & Out and Culver's right at the top of the list for fast food burgers.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 01:19 PM 11-14-2017
I have never had it but will try it when given the opportunity.

I've only had Five Guys once, I thought it was alright.

I will not wait for In N Out….overrated.

My choice these days is Habit Burger…quality, clean dining area, charbroiled burger tastes amazing.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up