ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:25 PM 11-14-2017
I've never heard of Culver's, so there's my coastal bias.
[Reply]
TLO 12:27 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Checkers = Bad now
Hardees = not so good either
BK = ****ing dog shit
McDonalds - A fresh Big Mac twice per year is good - decent fries and Fillet O Fish
Steak and Shake = great - best all around deal to quality
Culvers = very good
Sonic = Underrated - locations determines a lot with them.
Whataburger = Solid
SmashBurger = way over rated - inflated price
Five Guys = very good.
In & Out = over rated - but decent enough - Hi Boy is better
Wendy's = the median
Every time I get a Big Mac I'm disappointed for some reason. It always let's me down for some reason. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:31 PM 11-14-2017
I really need to try Steak 'n Shake.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:34 PM 11-14-2017
Culvers is great. Tenderloin is top notch. Cheese curds are too.

They offer a gluten free bun-which is great for my kid. We have been eating there a lot.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:39 PM 11-14-2017
I think I will try the cod sammy next Culver's visit - I don't trust that guy doing the review - he doesn't seem too smart. Additionally why not just order extra tartar sauce? and you notice he didn't add any black pepper - dude's his own worst enemy.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:40 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I really need to try Steak 'n Shake.
if you do, order the #17 triple - it's $4 with fries no drink but they'll give you a giant cup of ice water if you ask. also add cheese - it's like .86 cents - you'll be stuffed for the rest of the day on under $5
[Reply]
carcosa 12:45 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Kansas is always behind the times. Maybe we will get one. I love Whataburger but it's wishful thinking ever get one in Kansas. I'd love it if Witchita would get one I'm only about 160 miles away.
Where in Kansas are you? There are a couple in Olathe and Overland Park. Solid locations. Looks like there's one in Lawrence now, though I've never been. I suppose those are all out of your range. I've also been to Culver's in Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, and even the original location in Wisconsin, as well as a location in Green Bay and the world's largest Culver's. I may have also been to Culver's in Missouri, Illinois, and/or Indiana; it's hard to say for sure.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:46 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Culvers is trash
FUCK YOU!!!!!
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 12:46 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by TLO:
Every time I get a Big Mac I'm disappointed for some reason. It always let's me down for some reason. :-)
because all of the lunch entree things at McDs suck. The fries are good though
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:48 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
**** YOU!!!!!
:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:48 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Culvers is trash
What the fuck is wrong with you?
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:50 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
because all of the lunch entree things at McDs suck. The fries are good though
It's the shitty cooks - if the big mag is properly prepared and fresh - it's pretty darn good, still - trouble is they're only fresh about 25% of the time - I suppose you pull a mgr aside and express concern and maybe indicate that the last few visits have been a drag. I don't know if I'd go to that trouble.

I used to work at McDonalds.
[Reply]
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
What the **** is wrong with you?
:-)
[Reply]
He has a drinking problem.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:52 PM 11-14-2017
KC United - Steak & Shake will remind you of Winsteads, only better. Ever get over there anymore?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up