ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:09 AM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
GO SWALLOW A PINEAPPLE!!!!!
All drank 2 thanks you
[Reply]
RobBlake 10:10 AM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've never eaten at a Culver's, as they don't have any franchises in CA.

How In-N-Out Burger is ranked that high is baffling. Their fries are always soggy, they don't offer mayo (I can't stand 1,000 Island dressing) and their buns are chewy.

I've eaten at In-N-Out Burger once in 17 years and it'll be another 17 years (or more) before I eat there again.

Blech.
You're tripping, duuuude.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:39 AM 11-15-2017
The Habit is legit, good chicken sandwiches too. I think there should be a difference tho because that, to me, isn't really a fast food burger. Similar to Five guys, shake shack etc. Those burgers should be judged on a different criteria.

I think it should be if it has a drive thru or not. Drive thru burger places vs. Non drive thru burger places. I've had Culvers before and it was pretty good. However, when you compare freshness, consistency, service, speed, value and overall taste the best drive thru burger place is In N Out.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:54 AM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
For quality, affordability and convenience, Five Guys is still my go-to.

Prefer Wendy's over Mickey D's, just had BK a few weeks ago for the first time in ages -- the Bacon King I thought was pretty good.

I like Culver's a lot, eat there every 2-3 months, but I think the OP gets close to overrating it just because it's underrated.

Used to have Whataburger nearby and ate there often, but now I have to travel too far to get to it. Ate In-and-Out once, on a business trip to Phoenix a decade ago, and remember it being good.

Shake Shack is good, but pricey and pretentious.

In a similar vein, don't think I've seen it mentioned yet: Burger 21. Eaten there a couple of times, enjoyed it. Anyone else?
Been there once about 3 yrs ago - it didn't blow me away.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:00 PM 11-15-2017
I just finished the Cod sandwich from Culver's. The food review gentleman had it perfect.

Mild thick cutlet - not seasoned enough. Hoagie was a potato type bread which was gummy.

The notable things were: The fish cutlet was mild, fresh and flakey. The tartar sauce was different and very good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
You're tripping, duuuude.
:-)

People that prefer In-N-Out burger to Fatburger or Tommy's or the Habit is the equivalent of people preferring Taco Bell and Chipotle "Mexican" Restaurant to the Mom & Pop taco stand a block away.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:14 PM 11-15-2017
:-)

People that prefer In-N-Out burger to Fatburger or Tommy's or the Habit is the equivalent of people preferring Taco Bell and Chipotle "Mexican" Restaurant to the Mom & Pop taco stand a block away.
I certainly prefer Taco Bell to Chipotle. I found Chipotle to be bland, overrated and overpriced.

But if I want real Mexican fast food I go to a local chain called El Famous Burritos. They blow everybody away.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:22 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I certainly prefer Taco Bell to Chipotle. I found Chipotle to be bland, overrated and overpriced.

But if I want real Mexican fast food I go to a local chain called El Famous Burritos. They blow everybody away.
I had Chipotle for the first time about 10 years ago and I literally puked about 30 minutes after eating.

I definitely prefer Taco Bell.
[Reply]
otherstar 04:26 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
You are the first person I’ve ever heard say that place is good.
TBH, I've not eaten there in 10 years or so. It's possible that they've changed in that time.

Originally Posted by srvy:
Wish a Braums would make it to KC.
This is one chain that I'm glad we don't have in Houston. The ice cream is OK, but the burgers weren't great (but I've not eaten at one in 15 years so so.

I had Chipotle for the first time about 10 years ago and I literally puked about 30 minutes after eating.

If I'm eating Mexican fast food, I'd rather go to Taco Cabana. BUT I'd take Taco Bell over Chipotle any day.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:28 PM 11-15-2017

You wrong
[Reply]
Frazod 04:28 PM 11-15-2017

Taco Bell has a new thing called Naked Chicken Chips. Six vaguely triangular nuggets with a side of cheese sauce for $1.99. They are quite tasty, and two of them are filling enough for lunch, for under $5.00.

I generally get lunch in a food court across the street. There are several fast food places there, including a Burger King, Arby's, Panda and KFC. Taco Bell probably has the worst location (all the way in the back, partially obscured by an elevator bank), yet they're always the busiest.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:31 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
You wrong
Sorry, your opinion ceased to matter when you dissed Culver's. :-)
[Reply]
Hydrae 04:34 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by otherstar:
TBH, I've not eaten there in 10 years or so. It's possible that they've changed in that time.

This is one chain that I'm glad we don't have in Houston. The ice cream is OK, but the burgers weren't great (but I've not eaten at one in 15 years so so.

If I'm eating Mexican fast food, I'd rather go to Taco Cabana. BUT I'd take Taco Bell over Chipotle any day.
I'll second Taco Cabana although I am more likely to go there for breakfast tacos (as I did just this morning!).
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:41 PM 11-15-2017
not a Chipotle fan either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:43 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
You wrong
I prefer pooping to puking
[Reply]
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up