Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:31 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
That sucks. Done in by a fire alarm and Fowler playing right field. Bader catches that ball.
no doubt. Bader gets to that ball.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Yeah I’m not sure why he was playing so god damn deep.
After the Meathead firing, everyone in the Cardinals organization said they are playing to win. Putting one of the bottom 5 hitters in the league with bad defense in RF over a clearly better player tells us that’s just BS spin. I’m sure the locker room knows that truth too.

And even if you think Fowler is a better option than Bader offensively, you just made “defensive” moves with other positions, why didn’t you pull Fowler and put Bader in? We’d still have the lead, maybe.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:41 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
no doubt. Bader gets to that ball.
The Fowler thing has to be coming from Mo. No excuse he is getting playing time over Bader. Just fake an injury Dexter and go away until spring training.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:49 PM 07-24-2018
Fuck this.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:18 PM 07-24-2018
This team is no fun to watch. Fire the incompetent duck manager and they still lay down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This team is no fun to watch. Fire the incompetent duck manager and they still lay down.
its not looking good for the interim manager.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 PM 07-24-2018
I’ve seen Munoz make two game saving good defensive plays in the last two games. Is that outliers or has he got better.

He’s hitting .324 since May. We could use that offense in the lineup.

DJ and Hamas are you guys sure Munoz is not salvageable as a major leaguer?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:07 PM 07-24-2018
Holland was coming in if Fowler doesn't homer :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:43 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Holland was coming in if Fowler doesn't homer :-)
I wonder if he got marching orders to play Cecil, Fowler and Holland as part of the deal to become interim?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:51 PM 07-24-2018
I’ve seen Munoz make two game saving good defensive plays in the last two games. Is that outliers or has he got better.

He's a major league player, but he's much more likely to be a utility guy than someone whose bat profiles somewhere. His defense is limited in that places where his bat would be OK, like short or second, which will lead to him giving up a ton of runs. Matt Carpenter has actually been a better defender than Munoz this year (and not a better defender at first than Munoz at short, a better defender, period). He seems like the kind of guy that can have a .330 BABIP, but if it drops from .360 to .330 then he's a .260 hitter with a bad glove and middling power. A good guy to plug a gap, but not someone you want to run out there for weeks at a time. He is the perfect TLR role player, but that's all he is.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:53 PM 07-24-2018
I'd say the part where he IBB'd the tying run with two outs in the 11th should say all you need to know about his managerial prowess. The great thing managers have going for them is that even their dumbest decisions work out 50-70% of the time. He got lucky as fuck.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:45 AM 07-27-2018
Jon Morosi of MLB.com reports that the Cardinals will release Greg Holland.

Holland cost the Cardinals $14 million and they had to forfeit a draft pick. In return, they got a 7.92 ERA over 32 appearances from the veteran reliever. Ouch. Holland should catch on elsewhere now that he can be had at the veteran minimum, but his days as an effective reliever might be over.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:46 AM 07-27-2018
If the Yankees decide to add a temporary fix in Judge’s absence, an interesting name: Jose Martinez. He can flat-out rake and could be DH, with Stanton playing RF. Other market possibilities: Granderson, maybe Michael Taylor if Nats sell, maybe McCutchen if SF sells— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 27, 2018
[Reply]
Frazod 10:49 AM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Jon Morosi of MLB.com reports that the Cardinals will release Greg Holland.

Holland cost the Cardinals $14 million and they had to forfeit a draft pick. In return, they got a 7.92 ERA over 32 appearances from the veteran reliever. Ouch. Holland should catch on elsewhere now that he can be had at the veteran minimum, but his days as an effective reliever might be over.
Stealing $14M should be a crime. Goddamn that guy.

But at least the bleeding will stop.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 07-27-2018

Who said he's not a major leaguer?

I don't think he's a particularly good major leaguer. He's a bit of a tweener in that his offense won't play at 3b and his defense won't play anywhere else. He's a born utility player, IMO.

He's a fine guy to have as the 23rd dude on your roster. On this roster, OTOH, he's just another flawed, forgettable baseball player who has holes in his swing and hits from the right side.

If you could trade him for a version of him that hits lefthanded, I'd friggen love to get my hands on that guy. The problem isn't Munoz as much as it is his fit in STL.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 301
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up