ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ariel Rider X-Class electric bicycle
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10:07 AM 04-15-2021
Just received my X-Class electric bicycle and was wondering if anybody has one yet. I haven't seen a thread talking about them. These bicycles are awesome! They will go 30 M.P.H. and you can go 60-70 miles on a battery charge. Taking hills is no problem and you still have the option for pedal assist if you want to. It has a 7 speed derailleur which gives you plenty of options. I highly recommend purchasing one of these bikes, it's like going back to your preteen years! arielrider.com is where you can check them out.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:43 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Seems like an electric bicycle is for the man too lazy to pedal a regular bicycle and not man enough to ride a motorcycle.
It's just a toy. My street bike is a zx14 and my dirt bike is a KTM 380 MXC 2 stroke.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11:52 AM 04-15-2021
Seems like an electric bicycle is for the man too lazy to pedal a regular bicycle and not man enough to ride a motorcycle.
Wait until you reach the age of 60, you'll have a totally different opinion! :-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:56 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Wait until you reach the age of 60, you'll have a totally different opinion! :-)
I'm in my late 40s so sixty doesn't seem that far off. I'm sure the electric bicycles are a blast to ride. I was just stirring the pot a little with my comment.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11:57 AM 04-15-2021
I'm in my late 40s so sixty doesn't seem that far off. I'm sure the electric bicycles are a blast to ride. I was just stirring the pot a little with my comment.
No offense taken, they are a lot of fun to ride!
[Reply]
burt 12:03 PM 04-15-2021
Seems like an electric bicycle is for the man too lazy to pedal a regular bicycle
I am NOT this....

and not man enough to ride a motorcycle.
Okay...I am this......

In all sincerity, I've had 27 to 30 broken bones and never rode a motorcycle. I don't believe it would be a wise decision.
[Reply]
burt 12:04 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Oh, and I AM 60.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:34 PM 04-15-2021
I got a Cannondale aluminum frame last year and love it. I do my own pedaling (I'm 63)

I got my wife a Townie Electra pedal assist because she can't keep up with my pace otherwise. (Not that I am all that fast). She loves it. we go on 15-35 mile rides frequently and she keeps up. She loves it and has no complaints.
BUT. If I were to do it over again, I would have done more research on e-bikes. Hers weighs in at 60 lbs. Yikes. There are 90 pounders out there. It seems like you are wasting a lot of (electrical) energy just moving the bike. I've seen ones out there that are closer to 30 lbs.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:39 PM 04-15-2021
I Will say that I understand the appeal of an e-bike. My first exposure was when I visited my brother in Colorado. We rented e-bikes and rode from Frisco up to the Vail pass - 13 miles of uphill if memory serves. As a flatlander, I could have never done that without the assist.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:43 PM 04-15-2021
I was looking at one a year or two ago. I think it was around $1600. Can't for the life of me remember the brand. Hell, it may have been something I first saw here on CP. Seems like a great idea. You don't have to use the electric power but it's nice that it's there when you want it.
[Reply]
seclark 01:49 PM 04-15-2021
I’m 60 too, ya fuckers, and I sold my Harley last year to shut my wife up.
I’d try one of the ebikes around here. One of the fat tire ones cause I’m on a gravel road.
No different than being in the desert and riding a fucking donkey. Who cares what you look like?
sec
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:02 PM 04-15-2021
I've been pondering one of these, which is in the opposite direction of an ebike. My commute is about to get longer to the extent that it'll be impractical to walk:

[Reply]
seclark 02:09 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been pondering one of these, which is in the opposite direction of an ebike. My commute is about to get longer to the extent that it'll be impractical to walk:

I’ll be honest.
I’d fall off that sonofabitch before I got 15 feet.
I get dizzy just watching it.
sec
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:13 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
I'm just too cheap!!! I just purchased an 18 year old Schwinn 21 speed...for $20.00.

I adjusted the brakes but took it to a bike shop to have the shifters adjusted. Another $20.00. All in all, a perfect bike for $40.00. Doc said get more exercise and the Rock Island Trail is easy riding.

https://www.jacksongov.org/776/Rock-...idor-Authority
Ill give you 42$ and a bush latte for it today. A 12 pack if you deliver.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:44 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by seclark:
I’ll be honest.
I’d fall off that sonofabitch before I got 15 feet.
I get dizzy just watching it.
sec
Now I kind of want to buy you one too just to watch.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:59 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
https://stealthelectricbikes.com/stealth-b-52/

This is the bike I have wanted to get. Youtube the videos on this bad boy.
That thing is a tank. 112 lb bicycle. God help you if the battery dies
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up