ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
Chief Roundup 02:05 PM 04-13-2021

The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

Here’s the full NFL memo, which also says teams must report weekly the number of employees who are vaccinated, as conversations with the NFLPA continue on the thresholds at which protocols on testing, PPE, travel, etc., can be relaxed. pic.twitter.com/FXuIhFP6Vh

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:45 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Anglina65:
can you hear me
Yes, but why should we listen?:-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:03 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, gender and sexual identity are protected classses in California. Seriously, it appears like you have zero idea what's going on there.
Right. Those are more people that can manipulate the "system" to not get a vaccine. Like I said it is or should be easier to get out a vaccine there than other states if you have any qualifying reason since there will be more qualifying reasons there than in other states.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
stevieray 07:11 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

If you want to argue that they didn't make it as good or potent or effective in the first batch on purpose all because you saw some hook-nosed mustache-twirling board member say something objectionable about profit margins one time,.
:-)

stick to teaching music, Dr. SNR.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:19 AM 04-16-2021
Today the eagle is majestic, graceful. Free to roam the skies and fill you with national pride. Yesterday the eagle was a savage predator. Praying on the weak and dieing. Raiding fowl farms and dinning on beloved family cats.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:33 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Right. Those are more people that can manipulate the "system" to not get a vaccine. Like I said it is or should be easier to get out a vaccine there than other states if you have any qualifying reason since there will be more qualifying reasons there than in other states.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
You're assuming that people will try to sell the idea that they are trans when they're not, just to get out of taking a vaccine.

At the risk of injecting politics, have you considered the type of person that doesn't want the vaccine and whether or not they would even entertain the idea of masquerading as LGBTQ?

You can't really fake protected status. And the one "protected" status that is easy to fake - religion - isn't always valid in California, unless your Wiccan or Muslim.
[Reply]
tk13 08:39 AM 04-16-2021
This is another failure of logic. I'm sure pharmaceutical groups are out to make money and see people as consumers, that's probably 100% true. We have decades of evidence of that. But there's a lot of money to be made with these vaccines. I don't get that argument. If one of them messes this vaccine up their reputation is probably ruined forever. If they succeed they're going to make BILLIONS of dollars. They have every financial incentive to succeed here and make sure their product works. Does that mean it will? I guess time will tell. I'm not saying yes or no. We'll have to see where we're sitting a year from now. But the general argument (that they're only out to make money) is in direct conflict with the idea that there's something nefarious going on here. The correct business play is to make the best vaccine and you're gonna get rich. I mean really rich.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is another failure of logic. I'm sure pharmaceutical groups are out to make money and see people as consumers, that's probably 100% true. We have decades of evidence of that. But there's a lot of money to be made with these vaccines. I don't get that argument. If one of them messes this vaccine up their reputation is probably ruined forever. If they succeed they're going to make BILLIONS of dollars. They have every financial incentive to succeed here and make sure their product works. Does that mean it will? I guess time will tell. I'm not saying yes or no. But the general argument (that they're only out to make money) is in direct conflict with the idea that there's something nefarious going on here. The correct business play is to make the best vaccine and you're gonna get rich. I mean really rich.
I think the truth lies somewhere in between.

It's all about risk vs. reward.

It would be foolish, as you say, for them to take too many chances because failure would mean ruin and the loss of billions in potential profits.

However, profit is also directly related to cost. They're not going to take every step necessary to ensure success. They're going to take only the steps necessary to give them the best chance of success, at the lowest cost possible.

That's just corporate business 101.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:48 AM 04-16-2021
I think the truth lies somewhere in between.

It's all about risk vs. reward.

It would be foolish, as you say, for them to take too many chances because failure would mean ruin and the loss of billions in potential profits.

However, profit is also directly related to cost. They're not going to take every step necessary to ensure success. They're going to take only the steps necessary to give them the best chance of success, at the lowest cost possible.

That's just corporate business 101.
Healthcare stopped being about health a looong time ago.

My wife was recently in the hospital.

doc came by to basically say hi, didn't do anything.

Cost? almost $800.00 for less than three minutes of his "time".
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:00 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is another failure of logic. I'm sure pharmaceutical groups are out to make money and see people as consumers, that's probably 100% true. We have decades of evidence of that. But there's a lot of money to be made with these vaccines. I don't get that argument. If one of them messes this vaccine up their reputation is probably ruined forever. If they succeed they're going to make BILLIONS of dollars. They have every financial incentive to succeed here and make sure their product works. Does that mean it will? I guess time will tell. I'm not saying yes or no. We'll have to see where we're sitting a year from now. But the general argument (that they're only out to make money) is in direct conflict with the idea that there's something nefarious going on here. The correct business play is to make the best vaccine and you're gonna get rich. I mean really rich.
Vaccine industry is the only one in our country that you cannot sue in a regular court of law. You have to go to a special vaccine court that makes it 1000x harder to ever receive a payout as it has a very incestuous relationship with the pharmaceutical industry much like the CDC. What this means obviously is that companies not having liability are more willing to cut corners and be the first to market and are less willing to do more research after the fact to created safer and more effective vaccines and delivery systems.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Healthcare stopped being about health a looong time ago.

My wife was recently in the hospital.

doc came by to basically say hi, didn't do anything.

Cost? almost $800.00 for less than three minutes of his "time".
The 3-way relationship between healthcare providers, insurance companies, and the government produces this kind of hyperinflation.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:07 AM 04-16-2021
The 3-way relationship between healthcare providers, insurance companies, and the government produces this kind of hyperinflation.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:32 AM 04-16-2021
There have been a lot of lies and deception in this thread so I just wanted to address one of those as it relates to mandates. Somebody back in this thread mentioned that the American people had spoken and we all agreed to the science behind everyone being vaccinated. This couldn’t be further from the truth. For those of you who have been here for a while you will recall the debates over mandates. At the time more and more people where opting out, not in. There is still a ton of people doing this post college but I am sure this will be addressed by those in power soon enough. One of the main problems people had at the time was not even having the freedom to determine what gets directly injected into their bloodstream. The second was that an issue so important was never brought directly to the people. The industry used the people’s money and its own to promote this authoritarian state using science every other word on that path. Anyone regardless of background was shut down and made a target by this state much in the same way every expert on this subject was shut down during Covid and we were all forced to listen to Fauci only.
If you say you are for individual rights and freedoms you can’t just say that when it’s something you want. At this point you have your choice of 3 different vaccines for covid. You have your double masks which should make you bullet proof all by itself. You can also stay home or do all 3. IMO you don’t have the right to say what gets injected into everyone else.
[Reply]
Donger 09:35 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
IMO you don’t have the right to say what gets injected into everyone else.
I haven't seen anyone say that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:59 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

stick to teaching music, Dr. SNR.
Just callin' it like I see it. Same thing everybody else does.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:01 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Just callin' it like I see it. Same thing everybody else does.
You're operating under speculation and presumption of black ops first hand knowledge.

It would be like me trying tell you about music theory.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up