ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
Chief Roundup 02:05 PM 04-13-2021

The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

Here’s the full NFL memo, which also says teams must report weekly the number of employees who are vaccinated, as conversations with the NFLPA continue on the thresholds at which protocols on testing, PPE, travel, etc., can be relaxed. pic.twitter.com/FXuIhFP6Vh

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:36 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
It is a perfect comparison to the point I'm attempting to make, however poorly I'm doing it.

If getting the covid vaccine knowing you have a 99.something% of not dying of the disease is the best thing for everyone else, the same logic should be used during flu season. It doesn't matter how effective the flu shot is going into flu season. Hope for the best that it is effective, which eliminates you transmitting the flu to someone down the line where it could prove to be fatal.
Sure it does, no one can make that decision without knowing a rough percentage of risk that you're willing to take on. If a bad flu season is 60k deaths and Covid season is 600k, ten times the risk is pretty significant just to write off and say if you care about Covid you should care about the flu.

That would be like saying if you never drive because you're afraid of getting into a car accident, you shouldn't ever fly.... even though one is clearly more dangerous than the other.

I mean, I get what you're saying in a "you either value life or you don't", but we all take the level of risk we're comfortable with (for ourselves or others).

(and I do get a flu shot every year)

And while people's opinions of what a notable/terrible number of deaths is for any given thing, I'm far more dumbfounded by people getting the vaccine for the relatively more selfish reason of getting back to normal... especially when citing the whole 6 people in 7 million stat.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:37 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
Jesus. This world has completely gone to shit. Reading all this back and forth is plain sad. There is too much hate and disrespect for others going on. The human race has no chance.
GFY.

:-)
[Reply]
007 08:41 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
GFY.

Exactly. :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:00 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Buddy, I know the exact point you’re trying to make. And it’s just not really comparable. I thought I explained it pretty clearly in the other post. If not, we can just agree to disagree on this one. Hope all is well.
Of course we can agree to disagree. We're good. My hope is that some realize there is another disease out there that can be just as deadly to some, and that taking precautions to reduce the possibility of transmitting it to someone else where it could be fatal might be avoided.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:06 PM 04-14-2021
Sure it does, no one can make that decision without knowing a rough percentage of risk that you're willing to take on. If a bad flu season is 60k deaths and Covid season is 600k, ten times the risk is pretty significant just to write off and say if you care about Covid you should care about the flu.

That would be like saying if you never drive because you're afraid of getting into a car accident, you shouldn't ever fly.... even though one is clearly more dangerous than the other.

I mean, I get what you're saying in a "you either value life or you don't", but we all take the level of risk we're comfortable with (for ourselves or others).

(and I do get a flu shot every year)

And while people's opinions of what a notable/terrible number of deaths is for any given thing, I'm far more dumbfounded by people getting the vaccine for the relatively more selfish reason of getting back to normal... especially when citing the whole 6 people in 7 million stat.
I would never expect someone to have something injected into themselves they are afraid of. That isn't the point I was trying to make. I'm attempting to point out a flu shot might save someone else's life.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:13 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I would never expect someone to have something injected into themselves they are afraid of. That isn't the point I was trying to make. I'm attempting to point out a flu shot might save someone else's life.
I know, that's the risk I'm talking about... the risk of spreading the flu or Covid to someone else.

And on average, I believe they estimate it's 3 times easier to spread Covid and the stats say a Covid season is 10 times deadlier than the worst flu season.

That should be taken into account.... wanting to save lives doesn't equate to wanting to save every life. If it did, I'd never get behind the wheel of a car again, especially not with anyone in the car with me.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:28 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Personal choice is bullshit when your personal choice could impact me or mine.

**** you and yours. If you are scared stayed home. Every twat on the planet feels the need to control everyone else. Control yourself.

No vaccine is 100% effective, and if you let that shit linger it could mutate into something that a vaccine doesn't work against.

Go blow a horse Dr. Diddy.

I'm all for your personal choice as long as it involves not coming around anybody that it could spread to. In which case I praise your personal choice infinitely.
If you're scared stay home. If you get the vaccine, you should be bullet proof. Quit trying to dictate what the rest of the world should inject into their bloodstream.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:35 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
If you're scared stay home. If you get the vaccine, you should be bullet proof. Quit trying to dictate what the rest of the world should inject into their bloodstream.

BIG DUMMY ftw.

If there's a vaccine that could stop the threat and you don't get it, it exposes me to different variations of the virus and in effect allows your shit stain to inject something that I would have been protected from into my bloodstream.

Do tell me, what is your objection to the vaccine? Please tell me you're citing the Wakefield study as your reason, as you previously did.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:38 PM 04-14-2021
Scared of Covid, just stay home!

Scared of a vaccine, just stay home!

I'm with 007, we're all fucked.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:41 PM 04-14-2021

I'm with 007, we're all ****ed.

I got a vaccine and went to Vegas 3 weeks ago. I may have the clap but I ain't got Covid.

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:42 PM 04-14-2021

I'm with 007, we're all ****ed.
Only one of those apply Many are not scared of Covid and just don't want the vaccine. Masks, vaccines and staying home should cover the rest but every twat has control issues so here we go.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:45 PM 04-14-2021
Only one of those apply Many are not scared of Covid and just don't want the vaccine. Masks, vaccines and staying home should cover the rest but every twat has control issues so here we go.
The guy who was stupid enough believe Andrew Wakefield has things to say everyone.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:46 PM 04-14-2021
I got a vaccine and went to Vegas 3 weeks ago. I may have the clap but I ain't got Covid.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:46 PM 04-14-2021

Heh... does it more or less look normal on the strip these days? I went a couple times when I first moved here, as it's not a bad drive, but it's not generally my thing.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:47 PM 04-14-2021

If you have it, despite me being vaccinated, does that not raise my chances of getting it, or possibly carrying it to someone who didn't get vaccinated.

It's not a control issue, dickweed, it's a risk minimization issue.

It don't make 2 fucks to me if you're playing golf in a lightening storm unless by you doing so raises the risk to me and mine.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up