ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid Charged With DWI
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 04-12-2021

#BREAKING Former Chiefs outside linebackers coach Britt Reid charged with DWI in February crash that critically injured 5-year-old Ariel.

D-level felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.@41actionnews https://t.co/PVKqps8PPE

— Dia Wall (@DiaWall) April 12, 2021

[Reply]
wazu 12:58 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
84 miles an hour... .113 BAC man 7 years isn’t enough

What in the actual fuck!? I knew when details came out it was going to be bad but goddamn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't care how long the on-ramp was this is insane.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 01:03 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He was drunk, so **** him.

Also, the first car was pulled over on the on-ramp, butt in the lane, with their lights off. Dumb. Not worthy of getting hit by drunk driver, but dumb.

Again, **** him.
Dumb but also possibly enough to get Reid off the hook for anything other than a dwi
[Reply]
notorious 01:15 PM 04-12-2021
Girl is going to do life with her injuries.

Fuck Reid.
[Reply]
srvy 01:27 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Guess I missed that the Chiefs fired Reid, but all of the headlines refer to him as a "former" Chiefs assistant.
His contract ended shortly after the Superbowl and wasn't renewed.
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:29 PM 04-12-2021
7 years is the max he won't get that but wonder what they will give him.
MY guess is he will get a deal, is what it is. People with status such as him always get off easy. Probably do 6 months and get the rest on probation or house arrest or something like that.

He does have to live with the fact that the little girl may have complications her whole life cuz of that. Idk Britt, but for me that would be a life sentence in my head.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:30 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
It was an on ramp, not off and a rather long one at that.
It's still too fast. It's reckless.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:30 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
It was an on ramp, not off and a rather long one at that.
Yeah I meant on ramp. Been awhile since I have gone that way so what is the speed limit on that on ramp?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:36 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
7 years is the max he won't get that but wonder what they will give him.
MY guess is he will get a deal, is what it is. People with status such as him always get off easy. Probably do 6 months and get the rest on probation or house arrest or something like that.

He does have to live with the fact that the little girl may have complications her whole life cuz of that. Idk Britt, but for me that would be a life sentence in my head.
He has a history. Dude should get all 7 years.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:40 PM 04-12-2021

The Jackson Co. (MO) prosecuting attorney has charged former #Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid with Class D felony DWI and states medical records revealed a .113 serum blood alcohol concentration. pic.twitter.com/hDdZRTg1Gq

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) April 12, 2021

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:50 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
The guy screwed up bad and I'm not making excuses for him but how would the prosecution know what his BAC was 30 minutes before the accident? Why would they allege that unless he actually tested below the legal limit later?

I'm guessing they used his Blood sample that was drawn at the hospital, an hour or so after the crash and then calculated what his level was by the standards established for alcohol to metabolize. It is strange they would use 30 minutes before the crash as their guidelines, unless there is evidence he was driving 30 minutes before the crash. As I said before, if he was impaired more than a couple of beers and well under the limit, they guy should get what he deserves. However, if he was sober or at a really low level, he would most likely not be at fault based on the police report.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:04 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah I meant on ramp. Been awhile since I have gone that way so what is the speed limit on that on ramp?
I believe it was more of a service road and they're generally 50 mph
[Reply]
philfree 02:17 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I'm guessing they used his Blood sample that was drawn at the hospital, an hour or so after the crash and then calculated what his level was by the standards established for alcohol to metabolize. It is strange they would use 30 minutes before the crash as their guidelines, unless there is evidence he was driving 30 minutes before the crash. As I said before, if he was impaired more than a couple of beers and well under the limit, they guy should get what he deserves. However, if he was sober or at a really low level, he would most likely not be at fault based on the police report.
It's strange to me because a person can have some drinks but it won't show up in a BAC for 30 minutes or more. Being in a traumatic event could cause a spike maybe but I don't know that. Seems like they want to show he was drunk before he got behind the wheel.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:23 PM 04-12-2021
We kind of expected this didn't we? What took them so long? I mean didn't he admit to drinking alcohol in the police report? :-)
[Reply]
J Diddy 02:41 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
We kind of expected this didn't we? What took them so long? I mean didn't he admit to drinking alcohol in the police report? :-)

Seems to me like they waited to find out how the child was going to fare.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:59 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Seems to me like they waited to find out how the child was going to fare.
Reid’s gonna hire a quality lawyer, so they probably wanted all their ducks in a row.

The fact the vehicle was in the roadway seems to have mitigated potential more serious charges.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up