ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid Charged With DWI
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 04-12-2021

#BREAKING Former Chiefs outside linebackers coach Britt Reid charged with DWI in February crash that critically injured 5-year-old Ariel.

D-level felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.@41actionnews https://t.co/PVKqps8PPE

— Dia Wall (@DiaWall) April 12, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:40 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Without searching too heavily and from what I can recall, Belcher was in the parking lot outside the training complex and asked to speak to Pioli and Crennel. At that point I don’t believe they had known he murdered his girlfriend until he told them before shooting himself in front of them.
Yep.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:42 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Without searching too heavily and from what I can recall, Belcher was in the parking lot outside the training complex and asked to speak to Pioli and Crennel. At that point I don’t believe they had known he murdered his girlfriend until he told them before shooting himself in front of them.
Still unbelievable that happened
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:46 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Still unbelievable that happened
Yeah, my cousin that lives in KC called me as it was happening, it was just surreal.
[Reply]
oldman 10:53 AM 04-16-2021
I can't find the Star article, but : https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...icide/1777359/

Belcher had asked Pioli to call Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs, who were inside the building. When the coaches arrived in the parking lot, it was Crennel, witnesses said, who desperately tried to get Belcher to put down the gun. Another team employee, identified as a chef who was unloading a truck, said Crennel told Belcher he was "taking the easy way out."
But when Belcher saw police cruisers descending on the Chiefs' practice facility, Belcher walked toward the back of the parking lot, went to his knees, made the sign of a cross on his chest with his fingers and pulled the trigger. Belcher was still alive when medical personnel arrived but died a short time later.

I seriously doubt he went into Pioli's office and Fat Scooter followed him outside.
[Reply]
wazu 03:28 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I can't find the Star article, but : https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...icide/1777359/

Belcher had asked Pioli to call Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs, who were inside the building. When the coaches arrived in the parking lot, it was Crennel, witnesses said, who desperately tried to get Belcher to put down the gun. Another team employee, identified as a chef who was unloading a truck, said Crennel told Belcher he was "taking the easy way out."
But when Belcher saw police cruisers descending on the Chiefs' practice facility, Belcher walked toward the back of the parking lot, went to his knees, made the sign of a cross on his chest with his fingers and pulled the trigger. Belcher was still alive when medical personnel arrived but died a short time later.

I seriously doubt he went into Pioli's office and Fat Scooter followed him outside.
That's more detail than I remember. Man, Romeo. I'm sure he meant well, but is it really a good idea to tell somebody who is on the brink of committing suicide that pulling the trigger is the "easy way out"? Cause I'm guessing that's exactly what they're looking for.
[Reply]
Otter 03:59 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
That's more detail than I remember. Man, Romeo. I'm sure he meant well, but is it really a good idea to tell somebody who is on the brink of committing suicide that pulling the trigger is the "easy way out"? Cause I'm guessing that's exactly what they're looking for.

Yeah, not my field of expertise but that seems like the wrong choice of words.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:24 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Yeah, not my field of expertise but that seems like the wrong choice of words.
"Play Good Football"
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:28 PM 04-16-2021
Didn’t someone on Chiefsplanet get so desperate during 2012 they went to an astrologer about whether Pioli would be back in 2013 and the astrologer like flipped, saying Pioli had like, crazy severe darkness in his immediate future or some such? We all kind of laughed it off and then he witnessed Belcher’s death a couple of weeks later and it kind of spooked everyone out.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:54 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Didn’t someone on Chiefsplanet get so desperate during 2012 they went to an astrologer about whether Pioli would be back in 2013 and the astrologer like flipped, saying Pioli had like, crazy severe darkness in his immediate future or some such? We all kind of laughed it off and then he witnessed Belcher’s death a couple of weeks later and it kind of spooked everyone out.
Otherside Wifi?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:16 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
"Play Good Football"
Public speaking was never one of RC's best attributes.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:21 PM 04-16-2021
Yeah, I kind of remember that, now that you mention it.

That was right around the time i joined. I hated Pioli so bad, i literally googled "I hate Scott Pioli" and the first link was to the thread titled "I hate Scott Pioli."

And then the Belcher thing happened, and I followed it here on CP in real time.

That whole year was surreal, but that was the topper. What made it even more weird was that we actually WON.

So, we beat the Saints the morning my best friend's dad died.

And beat the Panthers the day after Belcher.

Worst. Season. Ever.
[Reply]
wazu 08:05 AM 04-17-2021
Woah, what?! All the stupid threads people go back and bump. How about we find this one?
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:04 PM 10-28-2022
Confirming what was suspected.

https://apple.news/Aw1C9Wj2DRhmRFP5BDckJFw
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:08 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

Common sense says that if Belcher was that big of a factor, Clark wouldn't have waited 13 months to fire Pioli, after a 2-14 season to boot.
Jovan Belcher died December 1, 2012.

Andy Reid was hired January 4, 2013.

1 month and 3 days.

How you consider that "13 months"?
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:12 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Confirming what was suspected.

https://apple.news/Aw1C9Wj2DRhmRFP5BDckJFw
PFT = TMZ
[Reply]
Page 15 of 18