ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 30
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed
neech 10:50 PM 04-09-2021
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:02 AM 04-15-2021
You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

-Gunny

That's what I think of when I see this. lol
[Reply]
Coach 05:45 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
And now they are dicking around building a new Broadway Bridge that they told the voters years ago they would do.
And the sad thing is that the renderings of the new Broadway Bridge are fucking horrible.
[Reply]
cmh6476 06:11 PM 04-15-2021
Was kay Barnes in charge?
[Reply]
neech 08:26 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
And the sad thing is that the renderings of the new Broadway Bridge are ****ing horrible.
I don't think it looks bad, a little plain jane maybe. The design builder said they are restricted on building arches very high due to the airport being right there you see.

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:13 PM 02-18-2023
Looks great!

(looks like every other airport built in the past 20 years, but that was kind of the point)

[Reply]
bdj23 02:20 PM 02-18-2023
Have they opened this piece of shit yet? I flew out of MCI a couple weeks ago and holy hell, it's a barely functional scrap heap.

There was like 500 people in one security line with 1 TSA agent manning it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:45 PM 02-18-2023
Shit. It really is the offseason.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:53 PM 02-18-2023
KCI. Heh.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:56 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Shit. It really is the offseason.
It's no goat vagina thread, that's for sure!
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:00 PM 02-18-2023
Nick Cave is a popular name in the art world right now. I saw an exhibit of his recently and was surprised to learn that he's from Missouri.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:45 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Looks great!

(looks like every other airport built in the past 20 years, but that was kind of the point)

Every person that has lived in KC for more than 10 years

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:54 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Every person that has lived in KC for more than 10 years

Yeah, pretty much... the current/old airport was great for locals, but the first time I flew into KC as a visitor, I learned how terrible it is for everyone else.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:56 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, pretty much... the current/old airport was great for locals, but the first time I flew into KC as a visitor, I learned how terrible it is for everyone else.
If they put all of the signage into Urdu or Swahili, it might be less intuitive to navigate, but not by much. I think the airport was designed by a chronically truant middle schooler.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:16 PM 02-18-2023
I feel like the artwork should center on Patrick Mahomes, who is the quarterback of my favorite team (the Kansas City Chiefs!)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:06 AM 02-19-2023
Now, if only you could get people to fly there.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 30
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up