ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed
neech 10:50 PM 04-09-2021
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
[Reply]
BWillie 02:10 PM 04-10-2021
This looks pretty cool
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:14 PM 04-10-2021

[Reply]
Pablo 02:22 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Now, THIS is art.

Deck the whole fucking airport out in Mahomes art. Let everyone know who's town this is.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:26 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Nobody goes to an airport to look at art. They want to get in and get out. Something the old one was very good at.
People bitch and whine about ugly shit, buddy. Don't know what else to tell you.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:08 PM 04-10-2021
Abstract art sucks. Never been a fan of it.
As for the design of the new terminal, it's a simple rehashed design of previous terminal models found domestically and throughout the world. Certainly an improvement to the current terminal.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:13 PM 04-10-2021
Whenever I see the works of Jackson Pollock or Mark Rothko, it makes me want to vomit. Great art should have meaning, should be understood and most importantly should be extremely hard to create by an average person. Picaso's earlier work for example was great and then he tried to reinvent himself with that cubism shit.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:25 PM 04-10-2021
Its an airport in the taint of the midwest bruh
[Reply]
Spott 03:41 PM 04-10-2021
I guess it depends on what you want of your travel. I fly pretty frequently and just want to get in and out as soon as possible. I haven’t been to KCI in a while, but I would imagine it would be pretty boring to have a long layover there compared to some of the other airports that have huge shopping areas that make you feel like you are in a mall. Many of them have similar artwork inside, although I haven’t paid enough attention to which pieces are at specific airports.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:45 PM 04-10-2021
I haven't paid a ton of attention since I don't live there, but I thought the crux was its falling apart and its a security blindspot if anyone threatening was paying the least bit of attention. Plus airlines are like please bring this thing up until at least the 90s for us to continue servicing you.

I could be way off though.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:40 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Whenever I see the works of Jackson Pollock or Mark Rothko, it makes me want to vomit. Great art should have meaning, should be understood and most importantly should be extremely hard to create by an average person. Picaso's earlier work for example was great and then he tried to reinvent himself with that cubism shit.
Rothko and Pollock ARE extremely hard to re-create.

That's like saying any average person can be a famous photographer. How hard can it be? You just push a button!
[Reply]
ChiefGator 06:46 PM 04-10-2021
If it was paid by taxes, and I don't know if it was, it basically cost everyone in the KC area $2.15. I think that is okay to beautify a public space.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:08 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rothko and Pollock ARE extremely hard to re-create.

That's like saying any average person can be a famous photographer. How hard can it be? You just push a button!
Actually, both have been copied and sold for millions. There is an interesting show on Netflix about it. But your point is correct, they were very unique.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:22 PM 04-10-2021
Y’all fuckers will bitch about anything.

I guarantee every single time a new airport has been built in this country they’ve set aside money for art/aesthetics. Get over it.
[Reply]
eDave 07:29 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Y’all fuckers will bitch about anything.

I guarantee every single time a new airport has been built in this country they’ve set aside money for art/aesthetics. Get over it.
SWA customers.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:38 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
If it was paid by taxes, and I don't know if it was, it basically cost everyone in the KC area $2.15. I think that is okay to beautify a public space.
From what I've read, no tax payer money and it's paid by the airlines.

THE HOMELESS THO!!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up