ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 28
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:25 PM 02-22-2021
It's a copycat league that parity only extends to the salary cap
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:26 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yeah, that was a bad call. But you know the officials will excuse their call by saying things like:

1) Officiating is though
2) It was a bang-bang play
3) We can't see everything
4) It was a judgement call
5) Tom Brady
6) The contact slowed him down - hard for y'all to see, but we saw it.
7) I had a bad angle to see THAT
The 2 bullshit PIs at the end of the half is when I went to bed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:33 PM 02-22-2021
Well those calls in the SB were super embarrassing. But you know NFL officials, they shall not be questioned, criticized, and if there's a review system in place, it shall remain 100% secret and nothing will change.
Yeah, and I've never believed in the conspiracy stuff and still don't to a large extent... but, when it's that embarrassing and you know absolutely nothing will be addressed or changed, it's seriously hard to come up with more logical alternative conclusions.

I came up with one or two, but after that shitshow, I'm not really ruling out some level of it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:36 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
The 2 bullshit PIs at the end of the half is when I went to bed.
I stayed up and watched because, in that moment, I realized that while it's still impossible, after watching our OL I came as close to being able to play at the NFL level as I ever have. Basically all I'd have to do is stand up and let them run by me. Any of us could do that.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:36 PM 02-22-2021
Well those calls in the SB were super embarrassing. But you know NFL officials, they shall not be questioned, criticized, and if there's a review system in place, it shall remain 100% secret and nothing will change.
Interesting point.

If the replay system were still in place to where you could challenge those critical timely penalties, how many of those 3 particularly egregious ones against KC get overturned. One, two, all of them?

Maybe we (the Chiefs organization, the head coach, the players) should just spend all off season whining and bitching about it and we could get a rule made up again to change it? Hey, it worked for the Saints. Of course, it didn’t ultimately affect or change the outcome of the game they most cared about. Nor would it change the outcome of the Super Bowl. So giant waste of time.

We don’t need a re-do or rule change. It would just be nice if the NFL would come out and acknowledge A) they fucked up some calls (like they used to) and B) officiating bias in some games (which obviously won’t ever happen).

I still think the Bucs probably win a much closer game due to our mess of an Offensive Line, but I don’t need a new pair of glasses to show me the crap my eyes were seeing was just a mirage. Anyone and everyone saw it. Its why there were multiple news agencies that ran stories on it the next day, including ones that were previously known for being very pro-Brady.

No one is gullible enough to believe (outside of NE and TB) that Tom didn’t get the home cooking in his 10th Super Bowl that he conveniently got to play in his new backyard. In hindsight, we should have seen this shit coming a mile away.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:37 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, and I've never believed in the conspiracy stuff and still don't to a large extent... but, when it's that embarrassing and you know absolutely nothing will be addressed or changed, it's seriously hard to come up with more logical alternative conclusions.

I came up with one or two, but after that shitshow, I'm not really ruling out some level of it.
You are correct, nothing will change. The NFL got what the NFL wanted.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:45 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Interesting point.

If the replay system were still in place to where you could challenge those critical timely penalties, how many of those 3 particularly egregious ones against KC get overturned. One, two, all of them?

Maybe we (the Chiefs organization, the head coach, the players) should just spend all off season whining and bitching about it and we could get a rule made up again to change it? Hey, it worked for the Saints. Of course, it didn’t ultimately affect or change the outcome of the game they most cared about. Nor would it change the outcome of the Super Bowl. So giant waste of time.

We don’t need a re-do or rule change. It would just be nice if the NFL would come out and acknowledge A) they fucked up some calls (like they used to) and B) officiating bias in some games (which obviously won’t ever happen).

I still think the Bucs probably win a much closer game due to our mess of an Offensive Line, but I don’t need a new pair of glasses to show me the crap my eyes were seeing was just a mirage. Anyone and everyone saw it. Its why there were multiple news agencies that ran stories on it the next day, including ones that were previously known for being very pro-Brady.

No one is gullible enough to believe (outside of NE and TB) that Tom didn’t get the home cooking in his 10th Super Bowl that he conveniently got to play in his new backyard. In hindsight, we should have seen this shit coming a mile away.
Yeah, the silence speaks volumes.

I really wish there was an official in the booth who was in the ear of the refs on the field who could immediately overrule shit.... no replays on iPads, no slowing down the game by several minutes, no non-reviewable plays..... and really no need for that guy to watch 16 replays on every play. If something looks terribly off in real time, watch a few replays, call down and fix it.

But... according to the NFL's silence, there's no problem. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:04 AM 02-23-2021
Interesting point.

Yep, the NFaiL loves story lines. Last year we were the story line. Now first team to host a SB in their home stadium, and it’s led by Brady and Gronk. There was no way we're beating that storyline, especially after one of our coaches almost killed a couple kids just days before the game.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:18 AM 02-23-2021
In hindsight, we should have seen this shit coming a mile away.
Yep. Though as soon as I saw Cheffers as the head ref, I knew what was coming.

Lost in all this, is the complete shitty job (by design?) by CBS and their director/technical director.

Most cameras and angles in any game of the year, but how many replays and different angles do you remembers seeing in the game???
[Reply]
GoForIt 11:03 AM 02-23-2021
The 27 is definitely interesting. It's a lot for sure. I think there are a lot of factors. Before this year, since 2009, Brady ranked an average of 9.8 in the league in getting DPI calls and was never #1. This year, having to throw deep the most (83), and the team struggling, Brady definitely just put a lot of balls up and benefitted from calls. Evans especially benefitted, he was the recipient of majority.

Before the SB, I heard they led the league but not one complaint on this site, GB site, or any other about this fact. Now a few questionable calls and everything is fixed? The only other PI call I remember anyone complaining about was the one at the end of the NFC Championship game verse the Packers. The guy had his jersey that stretched out 2 feet, it was the right call.

Bottom line, with or without calls, Brady and the Bucs were winning that game and winning handily.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 02-23-2021
Look, another mult troll ball washer.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:14 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
The 27 is definitely interesting. It's a lot for sure. I think there are a lot of factors. Before this year, since 2009, Brady ranked an average of 9.8 in the league in getting DPI calls and was never #1. This year, having to throw deep the most (83), and the team struggling, Brady definitely just put a lot of balls up and benefitted from calls. Evans especially benefitted, he was the recipient of majority.

Before the SB, I heard they led the league but not one complaint on this site, GB site, or any other about this fact. Now a few questionable calls and everything is fixed? The only other PI call I remember anyone complaining about was the one at the end of the NFC Championship game verse the Packers. The guy had his jersey that stretched out 2 feet, it was the right call.

Bottom line, with or without calls, Brady and the Bucs were winning that game and winning handily.
I see we have a Bucs fan here.

It WAS actually discussed on this site, prior to the Super Bowl, just not in this thread. There were even a couple questionable calls in the Nov. game in Tampa that raised our eyebrows when the Chiefs got up big and the Bucs spent the final 3 quarters creeping back into the game.

It wasn't 'fixed', but it certainly was 'biased' officiating. Even 2 former NFL head of officials thought so. MULTIPLE new agencies (national) wrote stories on it the day after the game.

Did it affect the outcome? Yes. Did it lose the Chiefs the game? No. Our patchwork O-Line and Andy's questionable scheme and in-game coaching decisions did that. But make no mistake, it would have been much closer, especially at halftime, if some of the egregious calls that went against KC weren't called. You know, the ones that HADN'T been called the entire time in the playoffs, but suddenly, magically, were officiated differently for the Super Bowl and benefitted the Bucs and Brady, playing in his new home stadium.

But I'm sure you're right . . . . . . . . nothing to see here.
[Reply]
GoForIt 11:18 AM 02-23-2021

It WAS actually discussed on this site, prior to the Super Bowl, just not in this thread. There were even a couple questionable calls in the Nov. game in Tampa that raised our eyebrows when the Chiefs got up big and the Bucs spent the final 3 quarters creeping back into the game.

It wasn't 'fixed', but it certainly was 'biased' officiating. Even 2 former NFL head of officials thought so. MULTIPLE new agencies (national) wrote stories on it the day after the game.

Did it affect the outcome? Yes. Did it lose the Chiefs the game? No. Our patchwork O-Line and Andy's questionable scheme and in-game coaching decisions did that. But make no mistake, it would have been much closer, especially at halftime, if some of the egregious calls that went against KC weren't called. You know, the ones that HADN'T been called the entire time in the playoffs, but suddenly, magically, were officiated differently for the Super Bowl and benefitted the Bucs and Brady, playing in his new home stadium.

But I'm sure you're right . . . . . . . . nothing to see here.
Didn't the Chiefs defense lead the league in penalties?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:27 AM 02-23-2021
Patriots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Patriots.
Brady.

These people are "those" kind of fans, more at home with an issue or People or Us Weekly than Beckett's.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 28
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up