ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:37 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:
I looked it up and Tampa had 11 total defensive holding calls, and the Chiefs had 10.

So Tampa had 41 free first down handed to them and the Chiefs had 14.
So roughly two free drives per game for brady. It's easy to win when you get two more chances than the other guys.
[Reply]
Bake51 02:49 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
I guess he won't bottom out in your ass
The fact that people still try to find ways to discredit Brady is astonishing. I do think Mahomes will become the goat one day but I doubt he will have the amount of haters that Brady has. Even Jordan and Kobe (especially Kobe) got plenty of calls to go their way but the amount of haters for them combined still doesn't reach the level of Brady's haters.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:54 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bake51:
The fact that people still try to find ways to discredit Brady is astonishing. I do think Mahomes will become the goat one day but I doubt he will have the amount of haters that Brady has. Even Jordan and Kobe (especially Kobe) got plenty of calls to go their way but the amount of haters for them combined still doesn't reach the level of Brady's haters.
Well, the refs sure don't hate him, amirite???

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:09 PM 02-22-2021
Kobe didn't have plastic surgery to marry a super model or kiss his son (and dad) on the mouth.
[Reply]
bowener 04:32 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So roughly two free drives per game for brady. It's easy to win when you get two more chances than the other guys.
Worse.

Originally Posted by :
While DPI did not prove to be as impactful as scoring plays or turnovers by EPA, it did still stand out amongst penalties. DPI was a third of a point higher than any other penalty in terms of EPA and was also the most accepted defensive penalty. On the other side of the ball, offensive pass interference was the most impactful offensive penalty.

DPI also stood out in terms of Net Drive Points. Offenses scored an additional two points per drive on average when DPI was called. This ranked it as the most severe penalty overall, about a quarter of a point higher than the next penalty, all while occurring on the most unique drives among defensive penalties. (Only holding and false start occurred more often overall.)

Another important finding is that offenses can play a role in defensive penalties. There were three routes that stood out in their ability to draw DPI: hitch and go, fade, and go/fly.
It's a cool read. It breaks down DPI by type of route run. I'd scheme the shit out of these routes just to prepare for a close game.

Source.
[Reply]
bowener 04:35 PM 02-22-2021
You're very bad at trolling. You should feel bad about that.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:38 PM 02-22-2021
Look, the numbers show what the numbers show, simply.

Tom Brady (and the teams he plays on) are the beneficiaries of more defensive holding and DPI calls that ANY other team, on average, including a record number this year.

You can believe that it's just due to 'dumb luck' or 'mere coincidence' or that it's a league wide conspiracy or a 'ref-aided' help to the legacy.

Believe whatever you wanna believe, but the numbers don't lie.

It's just up to each person to determine for themselves why that is as the NFL will never openly comment on something like that.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:40 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:
I can't let this die. I am finding it fascinating, honestly.

I got bored so I decided to compare the last 3 seasons for some QBs. I accounted for Mahomes missing a game last season in which a DPI occurred. The numbers reflect total DPI called, not just accepted.

BLUF: in a 3-year span Rodgers, Mayfield, Cousins, Ryan, Prescott, Rivers, Allen, Wilson, Watson, and Mahomes averaged fewer calls than Tom's 2020 season at just under 28 beneficial calls (9.3 per season). Over that same period, Brady averages 18.3 per season. If you take 2017-2019 for Brady he received 39 beneficial calls. This season is far outside an outlier, and regardless of it being Brady, should be looked into. Obviously, it will not be...

Also, Watson should be pissed.

[HTML Tables were doing weird things so I attached an image if anybody cares]
Don't blame Brady, he knows the game, he practices the game within the game, then he plays the game within the game.

When Tom gets 3rd and long, he's playing as much for the caught DPI and for a caught pass, and he practiced those throws, and worked with his WRs to setup getting the call.

It's all good. It's not cheating, it's adapting to an imperfect system.
[Reply]
Bake51 07:18 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kobe didn't have plastic surgery to marry a super model or kiss his son (and dad) on the mouth.
No Kobe just requests a trade to Chicago when times got tough. Then the Lakers trade for Pau and all is well again.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:46 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Look, the numbers show what the numbers show, simply.

Tom Brady (and the teams he plays on) are the beneficiaries of more defensive holding and DPI calls that ANY other team, on average, including a record number this year.

You can believe that it's just due to 'dumb luck' or 'mere coincidence' or that it's a league wide conspiracy or a 'ref-aided' help to the legacy.

Believe whatever you wanna believe, but the numbers don't lie.

It's just up to each person to determine for themselves why that is as the NFL will never openly comment on something like that.

The interesting thing is that DPI and defensive holding are almost solely the defense's doing, so they shouldn't have any relation to a particular offense. You'd expect patterns in the defenses that get called, but there shouldn't be any pattern at all in the offenses that benefit. Offenses can't force the defense into committing interference. It should be the discretion of the defensive player.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:57 PM 02-22-2021
I totally think a player can be coached into drawing a penalty. Then, yes, Tom knows how to lead the officials to seeing them. It starts with lobbying for the call (instead of thinking 'that stuff doesn't work'), then having the receiver run the route in such a way that the officials see what happens on every play.

It's not unlike perfecting the pick play into being a "rub route" instead of a pick - as if they aren't really the same thing.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:09 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I totally think a player can be coached into drawing a penalty. Then, yes, Tom knows how to lead the officials to seeing them. It starts with lobbying for the call (instead of thinking 'that stuff doesn't work'), then having the receiver run the route in such a way that the officials see what happens on every play.

It's not unlike perfecting the pick play into being a "rub route" instead of a pick - as if they aren't really the same thing.
Yeah, that's a point widely ignored in these threads, but absolutely makes sense.

I mean, not when the ball is overthrown by 7 yards and there's incidental contact on the play, or the ball hits the back wall behind the end zone, or when there's completely phantom defensive holdings..... but, with almost 30 calls over the course of a season, I'm sure the strategy of drawing penalties is in play. And even in the case of the SB when it was just complete incompetence, planting the seeds and whining probably still help to some degree.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:17 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Don't blame Brady, he knows the game, he practices the game within the game, then he plays the game within the game.

When Tom gets 3rd and long, he's playing as much for the caught DPI and for a caught pass, and he practiced those throws, and worked with his WRs to setup getting the call.

It's all good. It's not cheating, it's adapting to an imperfect system.
He practices the throws 8 yards out of the receiver’s reach?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:18 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, that's a point widely ignored in these threads, but absolutely makes sense.

I mean, not when the ball is overthrown by 7 yards and there's incidental contact on the play, or the ball hits the back wall behind the end zone, or when there's completely phantom defensive holdings..... but, with almost 30 calls over the course of a season, I'm sure the strategy of drawing penalties is in play. And even in the case of the SB when it was just complete incompetence, planting the seeds and whining probably still help to some degree.
Well those calls in the SB were super embarrassing. But you know NFL officials, they shall not be questioned, criticized, and if there's a review system in place, it shall remain 100% secret and nothing will change.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:23 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
He practices the throws 8 yards out of the receiver’s reach?
Yeah, that was a bad call. But you know the officials will excuse their call by saying things like:

1) Officiating is though
2) It was a bang-bang play
3) We can't see everything
4) It was a judgement call
5) Tom Brady
6) The contact slowed him down - hard for y'all to see, but we saw it.
7) I had a bad angle to see THAT
[Reply]
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up