ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 61
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 PM 02-10-2021
No thanks
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:39 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Lol. Don't see the Ravens trading him to their biggest competition in the AFC and the team that is in the way of where they want to get to. The Chiefs would have to pay a FAR bigger price (draft pick wise) to get them to trade him here. The only team less likely for him to be traded to would probably be the Steelers.

That said, dude seems like he's all about the money, above all else. He doesn't sound very 'flexible' if the need were to arise. Like say, if Fish were to return and they wanted to kick him (brown) to the right side to take over for the injured (or possibly retired) Mitchell Schwartz. Not the kind of guy we need on our team.

The Ravens' greatest competition is any team in the 2nd round of the playoffs
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:40 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you're trading for Brown, it's not for next year. It means you're replacing Fisher. Not sure they're ready to do that.
Fisher isn't lining up in red and gold next season.

There will be a new starter at LT. And probably RT.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:45 PM 02-11-2021
I’d think about extending Fisher with a creative deal with a trap door after the second year.

The average of the top 10 LTs as the aav and a 5 year deal.

Spread the cap hit and ensure he stays in KC to finish his career if he’s healthy and allows us flexibility this upcoming year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:48 PM 02-11-2021
Yes it would be great to have a 31 year old LT with a history of injuries playing on a repaired achilles as Mahomes enters his prime.

That is exactly what good GMs do.

Just fucking dump the brokedicks and be done with it.
[Reply]
bobhill 02:55 PM 02-11-2021
Dump fish , Schwartz, and Ldt . Replace the right side with Durant (rg)Niang (rt). You have Alingretti at (lg) . Draft or free agent a Lt and Center.
[Reply]
TEX 03:12 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I think so too. But I think they'll get a stop-gap at LT and wait on Fish. Not what I'd do though.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:47 PM 02-11-2021

You cant cut an injured player. He'll be back by November or December.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:03 PM 02-11-2021
I'm not sure how many times it has to be said but you can't cut an injured player.

Fisher and Schwartz are on this team until THEY decide not to be. The Chiefs have no say until they're healthy or they quit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:05 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You cant cut an injured player. He'll be back by November or December.
This actually doesn't matter!

Fisher will not be back.

Gone, in some way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:09 PM 02-11-2021
This actually doesn't matter!

Fisher will not be back.

Gone, in some way.
Keep hope alive, brother.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:56 AM 02-12-2021
Yeah, I don't really care what kind of witchcraft Veach and Andy need to work on the cap. Injury settlements with both guys seems possible. They have been very loyal Chiefs and the team has been very loyal to them.

Whatever it takes, something needs to happen. I'm not watching Mahomes go into next year with two gimpy, 30+ year old tackles taking up $20 million in cap room to not even play a snap while Mike fucking Remmers is trying to block the best edge rushers in football.

Priority 1A, 1B and 1C should be acquiring massive, road grating, ass kicking offensive linemen in any way possible. I don't care what you think our other needs are, every single one of them can be made basically irrelevant by protecting Mahomes. It literally almost brought a god damn tear to my eye watching that kid get his ass beaten down in the Super Bowl. Andy should be ashamed of himself for watching that happen.

It simply cannot be allowed ever again. End of discussion. Whatever needs to happen, I want 2 world class tackles defending Mahomes. If the Chiefs don't make that happen, they deserve whatever they get.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 07:59 AM 02-12-2021
I am not sure why people are so keen to get rid of a Pro Bowl left tackle. I think you have to give time to recover and he should be fit for the second half of the regular season.

I agree we need to restructure his contract though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:20 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Yeah, I don't really care what kind of witchcraft Veach and Andy need to work on the cap. Injury settlements with both guys seems possible. They have been very loyal Chiefs and the team has been very loyal to them.

Whatever it takes, something needs to happen. I'm not watching Mahomes go into next year with two gimpy, 30+ year old tackles taking up $20 million in cap room to not even play a snap while Mike fucking Remmers is trying to block the best edge rushers in football.

Priority 1A, 1B and 1C should be acquiring massive, road grating, ass kicking offensive linemen in any way possible. I don't care what you think our other needs are, every single one of them can be made basically irrelevant by protecting Mahomes. It literally almost brought a god damn tear to my eye watching that kid get his ass beaten down in the Super Bowl. Andy should be ashamed of himself for watching that happen.

It simply cannot be allowed ever again. End of discussion. Whatever needs to happen, I want 2 world class tackles defending Mahomes. If the Chiefs don't make that happen, they deserve whatever they get.
You're going to be very disappointed this offseason.

Even if they find 5 new offensive linemen somewhere, none of them are going to be massive, road grading offensive linemen. Andy Reid doesn't even draft that type of guy.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:12 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're going to be very disappointed this offseason.

Even if they find 5 new offensive linemen somewhere, none of them are going to be massive, road grading offensive linemen. Andy Reid doesn't even draft that type of guy.
Won't be me that's disappointed, it'll be Reid and KC when Mahomes pulls a Russell Wilson and starts nudging his way out because Andy is obsessed with these weak, unskilled 7th round project type offensive lineman for some absurd reason.

I'm sick of hearing about Andy's 'type of guys.' This isn't Andy's team anymore, it's Mahomes' team. They need to build around him with the type of players who help him the most, not the ones who fit Andy's tricky little scheme.

I'm also tired of hearing how it takes WRs 2-3 years to learn Reid's system. Then simplify the damn system. You don't need to be so complex when you have Jordan at QB. Just put the best players around him and let him win games for you.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 61
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up