ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 319
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Big Bold Letters for you. NIANG IS COMING OFF AN OPERATION TO HIS HIP AND WE DON'T KNOW IF HE'S CAPABLE OF PERFORMING TO THE SAME LEVEL HE WAS AT BEFORE. THE FACT HE OPTED OUT AND WE HAVEN'T HAD HIM IN THE BUILDING JUST YET COMPOUNDS THE ISSUE EVEN FURTHER
He played the entire season, at an elite level, with the injury.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:37 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
AND SLATER HASN’T PLAYED IN OVER A YEAR.
IS THE REASON AN OPERATION TO HIS BODY? NO? DIDN'T THINK SO
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:38 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
What Veach does in free agency will determine the draft order. I still believe we need two OL with the first 3 picks.
Dumb AF.

You don't draft guys just to draft guys at a position. They need to have every attribute for the scheme, whether they're raw or nearly a finished product.

Throwing picks at a position is a complete waste of cheap but extremely valuable resources.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:38 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
What Veach does in free agency will determine the draft order. I still believe we need two OL with the first 3 picks. Would be fine with a LB in the first but the next two picks after that need to be OL. You can get servicable receivers in the 4th round. A guy like Philyor could be available. If somehow we can land Allen Robinson in a 1-year deal at around $5 millon loaded with incentives, that would be incredible. I don't see Miller sign with us. He will cost too much. Watt is in the same boat. He ain't signing a minimum vet deal with us when he can get 5x that with Cleveland or Buffalo.
No.

Forcing two picks into the o-line and taking a LB in the first?

This isn't 1995.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:38 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Let me ask a question to the group..

If Niang never got injured wouldn’t he be a likely top 10 pick in this upcoming draft?

Top 15, maybe?
Yes. And the reason he fell to the third is because you can't be 100% sure he'll perform to the same level. Otherwise a team would've just grabbed him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:39 PM 02-17-2021
Just prepare yourself for disappointment when the Chiefs don’t draft 4 offensive linemen and Niang more than likely gets a starting job.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:39 PM 02-17-2021
That operation happened well over a year ago. He opted out of the 2020 season.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:40 PM 02-17-2021
Yes. And the reason he fell to the third is because you can't be 100% sure he'll perform to the same level. Otherwise a team would've just grabbed him.
Wrong.

If the Chiefs hadn't drafted him at the bottom of the 3rd round, the man would have been drafted by another team in the 4th or 5th round.

No one is questioning whether or not he could return from the hip injury because it wasn't career threatening.

The issue wasn't with his injury, the issue was with availability.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:40 PM 02-17-2021
In free agency I expect next to nothing. Keep as many as we can but the COVID Cap leaves us little wiggle room. This offseason is virtually all about the draft.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:41 PM 02-17-2021
AND SLATER HASN’T PLAYED IN OVER A YEAR.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:42 PM 02-17-2021
Just prepare yourself for disappointment when the Chiefs don’t draft 4 offensive linemen and Niang more than likely gets a starting job.
Hell, I don't care about Niang getting a starting job. Hope he does, but the plan IIRC was to start him on the interior and work his way out, right? That's out the window completely now with circumstances being the way they are, but I just think it's better to pencil him in as the starting RT due to his familiarity there. If some shit happens again next year and he's forced to the left side, that's different, but I just don't think putting him there as his first assignment in the NFL is a good idea.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 02-17-2021
Hell, I don't care about Niang getting a starting job. Hope he does, but the plan IIRC was to start him on the interior and work his way out, right? That's out the window completely now with circumstances being the way they are, but I just think it's better to pencil him in as the starting RT due to his familiarity there. If some shit happens again next year and he's forced to the left side, that's different, but I just don't think putting him there as his first assignment in the NFL is a good idea.
To be fair, I think the thinking about Niang at LT is that he might need to play there while Fisher is out.

Again, it all hinges on Fisher. If they're intent on bringing him back, putting Niang at LT temporarily plugs a hole. They could use Remmers at RT and then move Niang to RT when Fisher comes back.

Hopefully, we know something about Fisher soon. The entirety of this argument revolves around not knowing what his status is. And Schwartz to a certain extent as well.
[Reply]
wachashi 01:45 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
In free agency I expect next to nothing. Keep as many as we can but the COVID Cap leaves us little wiggle room. This offseason is virtually all about the draft.
We're going to see immediate needs addressed during free agency, just like we do every year. We're not going into the draft with a bunch of gaping holes in our roster. We'll do some cap maneuvering and have plenty of ability to sign good players.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:46 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, I think the thinking about Niang at LT is that he might need to play there while Fisher is out.

Again, it all hinges on Fisher. If they're intent on bringing him back, putting Niang at LT temporarily plugs a hole. They could use Remmers at RT and then move Niang to RT when Fisher comes back.

Hopefully, we know something about Fisher soon. The entirety of this argument revolves around not knowing what his status is. And Schwartz to a certain extent as well.
Regardless, I'd be preparing for a future without him. Wrong side of 30 coming off an achilles injury on the last year of his contract.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:46 PM 02-17-2021
Feel like these same 4-5 pages of posts are reoccurring every 48 hours in this thread. :-)
[Reply]
Page 93 of 319
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up