ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 319
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:56 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's just the thing, what more can they do?

With the Fisher situation being in limbo, it's going to somewhat hamstring what they can do both in the draft and in free agency.
Operate under the assumption that Fisher won't be back, then. I'd rather have a bunch of talent at the OL position compared to being caught with my dick in my hand if Fisher has complications.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:57 PM 02-11-2021
We need a big bodied route runner. The name that comes to my mind is Kenny Golladay.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:00 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Operate under the assumption that Fisher won't be back, then. I'd rather have a bunch of talent at the OL position compared to being caught with my dick in my hand if Fisher has complications.
He's under contract and will count $15M against the cap. If they operate under the assumption he won't be back, they have to take the cap hit and let him sit for a year. Which means there's a lot less money to be active in free agency.

The only way to free up that money is to extend him, which likely means he's in their long-term plans, which then reduces the chance they'll take a LT of the future in the draft.

There's really not much they can do. It's not a great situation at all.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:01 PM 02-11-2021
He's under contract and will count $15M against the cap. If they operate under the assumption he won't be back, they have to take the cap hit and let him sit for a year. Which means there's a lot less money to be active in free agency.

The only way to free up that money is to extend him, which likely means he's in their long-term plans, which then reduces the chance they'll take a LT of the future in the draft.

I would love it if we extended Fisher but he’s gotta be back to where he was before and you can’t guarantee that. I’d re sign Osemele tho
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup

Idk who the best guy for that is in the FA class, would think maybe Corey Davis?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I would love it if we extended Fisher but he’s gotta be back to where he was before and you can’t guarantee that. I’d re sign Osemele tho
That's just the thing:

If you're not going to extend him until you're absolutely sure he's going to be back to 100% then you're waiting until after free agency is largely over. By the time you're sure he's okay and thus able to free up his cap hit, you're signing some broke dick, which is exactly what people say they don't want.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:03 PM 02-11-2021

Injury settlements are a thing, and there are plenty of ways to free up money for FA while waiting on a decision with Fisher.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Injury settlements are a thing, and there are plenty of ways to free up money for FA while waiting on a decision with Fisher.
Injury settlements require agreement from both parties. The Chiefs can't just force him to take an injury settlement.

And while there are ways to free up money, there's plenty of places that money needs to be spent. You can't over invest in one position, especially if one of your highest-paid players is sitting in an ice bath half the season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:08 PM 02-11-2021
Injury settlements require agreement from both parties. The Chiefs can't just force him to take an injury settlement.

And while there are ways to free up money, there's plenty of places that money needs to be spent. You can't over invest in one position, especially if one of your highest-paid players is sitting in an ice bath half the season.
Oh yes you can, if the alternative is what we saw last Sunday. This team can thrive without a 3rd receiving option. It can thrive without a pass rusher opposite Clark. It can't thrive with a bunch of scrubs up front, which is where we're at right now, and I'm not playing wait and see with Fisher before going about and fixing it. We already played that game with Berry and the defensive backfield in 2018 and it very likely cost us a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 PM 02-11-2021
Fisher is a really good LT and you aren’t finding one of those anywhere easily. I think you probably sign him and go from there
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:09 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Fisher is a really good LT and you aren’t finding one of those anywhere easily. I think you probably sign him and go from there
CP: Fishers sucks we need a new LT

Reality: With Fisher we are 40-6, without him we are 4-6
[Reply]
Toad 08:17 PM 02-11-2021
Nobody is really going to know until probably the summer.

His deal has to be re-done well before then.
Fair point.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:01 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Idk who the best guy for that is in the FA class, would think maybe Corey Davis?

Allen Robinson or Kenny Golladay would be absolutely perfect. Would need to find the cap space. Terrace Marshall in the draft fits that profile.

In all fairness, Travis Kelce is that strong route runner Simms alluded to.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Allen Robinson or Kenny Golladay would be absolutely perfect. Would need to find the cap space. Terrace Marshall in the draft fits that profile.
Marshall, Amari Rodgers, or even Austin Watkins later in the draft.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:08 PM 02-11-2021
They are going to do an extension with Fisher. They have been playing the long game with him since they took him at 1.1 in 2013. They are going to do it again. They will do something to have him turn part of his salary into a bonus to prorate it over the length of his new contract in order to cut his salary cap hit in 2021.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 319
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up