ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 319
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The only logical thing I can see where they extend Fisher and draft a replacement is signing him to a 2 year deal to lower his cap hit this year. You draft a replacement and then you see how Fisher comes back from his injury. If he is good...then you give him a new deal and his replacement plays RT. If not....then you have his replacement.
The only issue with that is what about Niang?

He’s going to start at either RT or LT.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But if you're Fisher, why would you agree to that? He doesn't have an injury history at all. He'd basically just give up his all of his leverage to do the Chiefs a solid?

I don't see it.
I mean Fisher and the Chiefs seem to like each other and want him around. Maybe he doesn’t want to go into FA with only a partial season being the last time that he’s played.

Originally Posted by staylor26:

Maybe they view Niang as a guard. Who the fuck knows.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 02-11-2021

They'd probably move him back inside which is where they wanted him to start out anyway.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:59 PM 02-11-2021
I mean for all we know....they could like Rankin at RT. They put him there when Schwartz went down two years ago. He played one snap and then was out for the season.

All I know is that we don’t know shit right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They'd probably move him back inside which is where they wanted him to start out anyway.
Yea but that was when Fisher and Schwartz were healthy and there wasn’t an opening at both T spots. Huge difference.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 02-11-2021
I mean Fisher and the Chiefs seem to like each other and want him around. Maybe he doesn’t want to go into FA with only a partial season being the last time that he’s played.
All he would have to do is show teams the Super Bowl tape and say "see what they were able to do without me?"

I don't know man, I think it's going to have to work for both sides. I don't see Fisher giving them a bunch of cap space and not getting something for it in return.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:12 PM 02-11-2021
There really isn’t much out there at C in FA. We know that Andy doesn’t traditionally value G’s as highly as C and T’s.

It’s early but I would bring Chris Conley back. The guy is available and had 5 TD’s in 2 of the last 3 years, coincidentally when he didn’t have shit for QB in 2020. Not saying he’s “the guy” but he’s a hell of a lot better than Sammy and Robinson.

Did I mention he’s cheap?

Based on Matt Miller’s mock, I’d do this (assuming we can’t trade back):

1. Joe Tryon DE Washington
2. Creed Humphrey C OU
3. Anthony Schwartz Auburn

For those who don’t know Schwartz, go watch him. He looks like a taller better version of Hardman.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:13 PM 02-11-2021
Yea but that was when Fisher and Schwartz were healthy and there wasn’t an opening at both T spots. Huge difference.
Well the hypothetical I was responding to was assuming Fisher was at LT and a draft pick was at RT.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:17 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There really isn’t much out there at C in FA. We know that Andy doesn’t traditionally value G’s as highly as C and T’s.

It’s early but I would bring Chris Conley back. The guy is available and had 5 TD’s in 2 of the last 3 years, coincidentally when he didn’t have shit for QB in 2020. Not saying he’s “the guy” but he’s a hell of a lot better than Sammy and Robinson.

Did I mention he’s cheap?

Based on Matt Miller’s mock, I’d do this (assuming we can’t trade back):

1. Joe Tryon DE Washington
2. Creed Humphrey C OU
3. Anthony Schwartz Auburn

For those who don’t know Schwartz, go watch him. He looks like a taller better version of Hardman.
I was actually thinking about Conley as well. He was much better in that 3rd WR role than Robinson has been the last two years. Not a game breaker, but seemed to make some plays. Needs to take care of the ball though.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:21 PM 02-11-2021
I would like to see JuJu come in opposite Tyreek. Willing to go over the middle and get head knocked off and can block as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:23 PM 02-11-2021
Probably the most underrated need on defense is a safety that can cover TE’s.

Watching brokedick Gronk look like prime Gronk disgusted me. We also struggled against the Dolphin’s TE’s in that game.

Not to mention Waller and the Raiders.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:26 PM 02-11-2021

Watching brokedick Gronk look like prime Gronk disgusted me. We also struggled against the Dolphin’s TE’s in that game.

Yeeeeeeeeep.

Fuck bringing Sorensen back.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:32 PM 02-11-2021

Ugh, yes. We haven't had someone who can 1-on-1 TEs since Eric Berry.

It'll be hard to find another guy like that, but we desperately need a tall, rangy mfer at safety.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM 02-11-2021
Yeeeeeeeeep.

Fuck bringing Sorensen back.
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ugh, yes. We haven't had someone who can 1-on-1 TEs since Eric Berry.

It'll be hard to find another guy like that, but we desperately need a tall, rangy mfer at safety.
Jamien Sherwood from Auburn would be a nice mid rounder that could play a similar role to Sorenson.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:42 PM 02-11-2021

That’s an incredibly tough position to fill honestly. How many players in the league are capable of covering the best TE’s in the league?

I know for Kelce the only player I’ve seen completely shut him down was Derwin James.

Those guys are super rare
[Reply]
Page 43 of 319
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up