ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 319
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:08 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't think Bateman is 100% realistic right now.
It’s so hard to say bc it’s so early. March is when everything comes into focus after the first week of FA and the new league year.

Bet we find out more on injuries and returning players as well.

But yeah Bateman would be an awesome first rd pick. I’m a big fan of his.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:09 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If they don’t plan to draft an ‘X’, I think he’d be an EXCELLENT stop gap.

I’m starting to love Rashod Bateman though. That kid is going to be a baller from day one.
I'd be pretty excited about vet stop gap DE and WR, and also drafting the future DE and WR in the earlier rounds.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:09 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s so hard to say bc it’s so early. March is when everything comes into focus after the first week of FA and the new league year.

Bet we find out more on injuries and returning players as well.

But yeah Bateman would be an awesome first rd pick. I’m a big fan of his.
No combine either it doesn't sound like.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:31 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d be fine with bringing in any of the following WRs in FA.

Marvin Jones
Keelan Cole
Josh Reynolds
Robert Foster
I'd add Curtis Samuel to this list. My order of preference would be Samuel, Reynolds, Cole, Foster. If we strike out on these, at least sign someone like Rashard Higgins. I believe any of these would be more reliable and productive than Sammy or Demarcus.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:34 PM 02-19-2021
For Inquiring Minds – Releasing/Terminating an NFL player that is injured.

Short Version

From page 268, Article 45 Injury Protection, NFLPA CBA 2020

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...cuted-Copy.pdf

1. If either Eric Fisher or Mitchell Schwartz would be released, they would qualify for Injury Protection – See Section 2 Qualifications, page 268.

2. The Pay out to them would be 100% of their Paragraph 5 Salary but for the year 2021 that amount will not exceed $2,000,000 of which the Chiefs (Club) would be responsible for $1,200,000. – See Section 4, Treatment of Injury Protection Benefit Payments.

3. If you have guaranteed injury payments like Dee Ford has, that amount gets subtracted out of the Injury Protection money.

4. Section 13. Costs: Any reasonable costs associated with a player’s reasonable and customary rehabilitation as set forth in Sections 2(b) and 7(b) of this Article, and reasonable travel to and from any medical examination performed at the Club’s request as provided for in this Article shall be paid for by the Club.

So the Chiefs would save money, but there would be some cost.

If you have not been punished enough, you can go to the CBA link above and read and try to figure out.

Good Luck.

P.S. – I’m not advocating for Eric or Mitchell to be released. Just looking at the rules and what it means to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
For Inquiring Minds – Releasing/Terminating an NFL player that is injured.

Short Version

From page 268, Article 45 Injury Protection, NFLPA CBA 2020

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...cuted-Copy.pdf

1. If either Eric Fisher or Mitchell Schwartz would be released, they would qualify for Injury Protection – See Section 2 Qualifications, page 268.

2. The Pay out to them would be 100% of their Paragraph 5 Salary but for the year 2021 that amount will not exceed $2,000,000 of which the Chiefs (Club) would be responsible for $1,200,000. – See Section 4, Treatment of Injury Protection Benefit Payments.

3. If you have guaranteed injury payments like Dee Ford has, that amount gets subtracted out of the Injury Protection money.

4. Section 13. Costs: Any reasonable costs associated with a player’s reasonable and customary rehabilitation as set forth in Sections 2(b) and 7(b) of this Article, and reasonable travel to and from any medical examination performed at the Club’s request as provided for in this Article shall be paid for by the Club.

So the Chiefs would save money, but there would be some cost.

If you have not been punished enough, you can go to the CBA link above and read and try to figure out.

Good Luck.

P.S. – I’m not advocating for Eric or Mitchell to be released. Just looking at the rules and what it means to the Chiefs.
Thanks!

Based on that last article I posted, I had arrived at this being the case but now we know the actual hard numbers.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:22 PM 02-19-2021
Thanks!

Based on that last article I posted, I had arrived at this being the case but now we know the actual hard numbers.
What what exactly does that mean? Their salaries would only count 1.2M towards the cap?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
What what exactly does that mean? Their salaries would only count 1.2M towards the cap?
Yes. That's the way I read it.

If you cut them while they are injured, they take that money. I'm not sure how an injury settlement changes that though because the team and player can agree to terms outside of what Wilson8 outlined there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:25 PM 02-19-2021
Basically. Plus the cost of the players rehab which doesn’t count against the cap.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:34 PM 02-19-2021
Its tempting to just be done with it and walk away. Yeah, not ideal, but its hard to spend real cap dollars on two huge question marks.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:37 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
I'd add Curtis Samuel to this list. My order of preference would be Samuel, Reynolds, Cole, Foster. If we strike out on these, at least sign someone like Rashard Higgins. I believe any of these would be more reliable and productive than Sammy or Demarcus.
Jones
Higgins
Reynolds
Cole
Samuel
Foster

would be my list.

I like Samuel, but he's more of a gadget than a true weapon as a WR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:19 PM 02-19-2021
Its tempting to just be done with it and walk away. Yeah, not ideal, but its hard to spend real cap dollars on two huge question marks.
If I were the GM, I'd do it. But I don't see the Chiefs doing it, at least not with both.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Fisher being back.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:23 PM 02-19-2021
If I were the GM, I'd do it. But I don't see the Chiefs doing it, at least not with both.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Fisher being back.
Agree with that.

If this team wasn't in a win now mode maybe they would go in a different direction.

Worse case we extend Fisher, Niang looks good at LT, and we bitch about Fish's contract....

LOL Whats new!
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:38 PM 02-19-2021
I'm pretty sure that someone on here has already talked about this, but a deal that would make sense for both the Chiefs and Eric Fisher would be to extend him. Pay him in 2021 about what they would have to pay anyway for injury and then have a couple of more years with incentives being the larger amount of money. It would be good PR, keeps costs down for 2021, and allows Eric Fisher to stay with KC and make some money again in 2022 and 2023.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:58 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If he gets $10M AAV, he's FAR FROM crap. Teams simply aren't going to invest that kind of money into a CENTER who isn't worth it.

Of course, Chief Fan thought Morse was "crap" as well.

Morse wasn’t crap. He was just constantly getting his brains fucking scrambled. I don’t even remember much of him at center for the chiefs. I remember having Zach Fulton as our center during those years more than I do Morse.

Somehow Buffalo has gotten him to play 16 games two years in a row. Good for them, I guess
[Reply]
Page 104 of 319
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up