ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 319
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:41 PM 02-18-2021
My guess is they’ll restructure Mahomes and Jones.
Mathieu will get an extension.
Schwartz will probably retire and be done.
Fisher is the wild card. They could come up with an injury settlement or sign him to a small extension with a low cap hit this year and then he doesn’t have to rush back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fisher is the wild card. They could come up with an injury settlement or sign him to a small extension with a low cap hit this year and then he doesn’t have to rush back.
The whole offseason plan hinges around Fisher IMO.

Until we know his status, we know nothing.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:54 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If that’s the case then yeah I suppose he could come back. We just don’t know for sure cause there was also a lot of buzz about wanting crazy types like Tyrann and Frank to lead the charge.
Even if that were the case, it's not like we'd be losing Tyrann and Clark to bring Houston back. Not every guy on the team has to be a vocal leader.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:57 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The whole offseason plan hinges around Fisher IMO.

Until we know his status, we know nothing.
Everything hinges on Fisher and Mitch imo. The Fish one especially. Some guys have had that surgery and been back in a little over 6 months. Will he be ready that fast? I doubt it. But if he was that changes everything.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:45 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
One of the OverTheCap dudes on Twitter said they can cut Fisher right now just as is. Only way it becomes a problem is if he’s not physically able to play at all next year, which even then would only cost them minimally.

That’s going to be a hard move to make. Hopefully they can just work something out to where his cap number goes way down for ‘21 but he doesn’t necessarily have to be cut.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:49 PM 02-18-2021
One of the OverTheCap dudes on Twitter said they can cut Fisher right now just as is. Only way it becomes a problem is if he’s not physically able to play at all next year, which even then would only cost them minimally.

That’s going to be a hard move to make. Hopefully they can just work something out to where his cap number goes way down for ‘21 but he doesn’t necessarily have to be cut.

What makes the most sense for both sides seems to be something like coverts some of his 2021 cap hit to a signing bonus, drops his 21 base to the min, and has a 22 salary padded with a decent roster bonus.

Depending on how much both sides are interested in continuing the relationship, they could even add some future years with roster and workout bonuses to get them to fair value.

Fisher loves KC. KC has committed to him in the past. It seems like they’ll find something that works for both sides.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:55 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What makes the most sense for both sides seems to be something like coverts some of his 2021 cap hit to a signing bonus, drops his 21 base to the min, and has a 22 salary padded with a decent roster bonus.

Depending on how much both sides are interested in continuing the relationship, they could even add some future years with roster and workout bonuses to get them to fair value.

Fisher loves KC. KC has committed to him in the past. It seems like they’ll find something that works for both sides.
Yep that’s the idea. Take that $11.25m and shrink it to the minimum, basically make this year as damn close to free as you can.

I get the whole business side of it but I’m always leery about making cold blooded moves and how that has a trickledown impact on everyone else. What will other guys think if they just cut Fisher, one of our longest tenured starters, immediately after he blew an Achilles? Some might understand it, but I think you at least have to try to work with the player. Otherwise it’s bound to rub some people the wrong way, big time.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:10 PM 02-18-2021

I'd sign Fisher to an extension. Convert this year's salary and spread it over another 4-5 years
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:19 PM 02-18-2021

You can't cut an injured player. He'd have grounds for a grievance. They can only cut him if he agrees to an injury settlement. So I don't know where they're getting that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:20 PM 02-18-2021
Yep that’s the idea. Take that $11.25m and shrink it to the minimum, basically make this year as damn close to free as you can.

I get the whole business side of it but I’m always leery about making cold blooded moves and how that has a trickledown impact on everyone else. What will other guys think if they just cut Fisher, one of our longest tenured starters, immediately after he blew an Achilles? Some might understand it, but I think you at least have to try to work with the player. Otherwise it’s bound to rub some people the wrong way, big time.
Yep.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:26 PM 02-18-2021
You can't cut an injured player. He'd have grounds for a grievance. They can only cut him if he agrees to an injury settlement. So I don't know where they're getting that.
I’m not sure what all goes into it but here was the tweet: https://twitter.com/jason_otc/status...817049600?s=21
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:09 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
After hearing he is strongly considering Cleveland I believe that Money is actually #1 on his list.
Cleveland might be great fit for him.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:10 PM 02-18-2021
They're going to fix it. You can stop the hysterics any time.
OK
[Reply]
kccrow 08:20 PM 02-18-2021
Yes, you can. Reddit is wrong on this. There's specific language in the CBA regarding the team he was playing for when the injury happened to have the tab on the recovery medical but there's nothing in there on them not being able to cut him. And, they don't have to reach an injury settlement with him either. It's all hogwash.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 08:50 PM 02-18-2021

A look at the salary cap carryover for 2021: pic.twitter.com/Q5JELBem2u

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) February 19, 2021

[Reply]
Page 100 of 319
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up