ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?
htismaqe 10:22 AM 11-26-2020
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...ush-production

Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs paid big money to Jones and Clark -- on average $20 million per year through 2023 for Jones and $20.8 million through 2023 for Clark -- to lead their pass rush in games such as Sunday's in Las Vegas, but they aren't always getting results. They are 21st in sacks per opponent dropbacks, at 5%, though they are leading the NFL in pass-rush pressure, which they are getting on almost 40% of the opponent's dropbacks. So while the Chiefs are frequently affecting the opposing quarterback, getting him off his spot or rushing a throw, they aren't as often creating the negative-yardage plays that can get the opposing offense off the field quicker.

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:51 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
A QB can still make plays including throwing TD's with "pressure"- they can't after being thrown on their asses for a sack.

Pressures are just another made-up stat like "almost interceptions" to make it look like defenses are doing something- when actually they are Missing out on making a big play.
Pressures are definitely not a made up stat. The list of guys with the most pressures are the guys that are the best pass rushers. You're a moron
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 02:58 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Pressures are definitely not a made up stat. The list of guys with the most pressures are the guys that are the best pass rushers. You're a moron
I agree with Halfcan!!! Pressure is an easily manipulated stat. What is considered a "pressure?" I never heard of the stat until a few years ago anyway. It's like getting an award for almost tackling someone!!!!

Close, but no cigar!
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:00 PM 11-27-2020
Pressure will bother an older QB. 1 good hit and it could be over
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
This is that whole 'all or nothing,' bullshit. Here's a thought - It's okay to criticize the D after they play like shit it doesn't mean someone likes to complain.
Again, criticisms are welcome. There are some in this very thread.

It's when people start getting lazy, saying this team is "embarrassing" that this starts.

Bitching doesn't take any thought at all and people have diarrhea of the brain around here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:45 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by COchief:
Not by you as of late, you have become the embodiment of the KC Knowmo, you have transcended homer, congratulations.
You obviously can't read. In this very thread, I said "it needs to be corrected" multiple times. I agreed with two people that said that the pass rush needs to improve. And I said that the pass rush isn't getting home.

Try again. You might start by just reading what is said instead of spouting off.

You seem real confused on the usage of quotes, fear not, I am here to help.
Says the guy that used so many italics instead of quotes that I can't even begin to respond to each point. :-)

NI'll cut through a mountain of BS with you, your recent posting habits heavily suggest a recent drastic swing of mood and maybe mental health in general, you haven't always been a nutter, but lately it's hard to argue against.
:-)

Armchair QB AND an armchair psychologist. Anything else you want to pretend to be while you're at it?

NTake it for what it's worth, but your crusade lately is borderline absurd behavior. The last two games were frustrating and people are going to bitch. What do you want as an alternative, all positive all the time? Not an expectation based in reality. Hope you have a good year and find something positive to channel your energy into, I can definitely tell you this ain't it homie.

That last two games? This fucking bitching has been going on ALL YEAR. Every single fucking game.

And guess what? My rep and likes suggest A LOT of people agree with me. There's a lot of fucking whiny babies on this board that like to bitch about each and every thing, like 2019 never even happened.

I'm sorry I bruised your ego but hey, if the shoe fits.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:45 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again, criticisms are welcome. There are some in this very thread.

It's when people start getting lazy, saying this team is "embarrassing" that this starts.

Bitching doesn't take any thought at all and people have diarrhea of the brain around here.
There is much truth in this post.
My only question is do you have the ability to scroll past and not get all defensive. You know sometimes people need to complain and criticize how they see fit as it is their critiques. Lots of people cannot articulate their thoughts well enough. It is quite common. Those people should still be able to voice their frustrations without having to meet your guidelines of whether it is worthy of a complaint or not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There is much truth in this post.
My only question is do you have the ability to scroll past and not get all defensive. You know sometimes people need to complain and criticize how they see fit as it is their critiques. Lots of people cannot articulate their thoughts well enough. It is quite common. Those people should still be able to voice their frustrations without having to meet your guidelines of whether it is worthy of a complaint or not.
I'm sorry but when people have horribly dumb takes like "Veach's signings on D...frankly they haven't been very good" we're suppose to just scroll on past and pretend it's not colossally fucking stupid?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:00 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm sorry but when people have horribly dumb takes like "Veach's signings on D...frankly they haven't been very good" we're suppose to just scroll on past and pretend it's not colossally ****ing stupid?
What Veach has done is totally justified. We won the SB but the pass rush has been dead for weeks and that's a problem especially this week. Brady 4 losses were because he can't deal with one and he sucked. If we can't get in his face he will be tough to stop.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:01 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
What Veach has done is totally justified. We won the SB but the pass rush has been dead for weeks and that's a problem especially this week. Brady 4 losses were because he can't deal with one and he sucked. If we can't get in his face he will be tough to stop.
See, this is a perfect, thoughtful, and balanced take.

[Reply]
Halfcan 04:33 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It is a Made Up stat, dipshit9 - It was invented by PFF.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-imp...ll-about-sacks

It is Subjective to interpretation by so-called "experts" while a sack is an official stat called by a referee.

PFF are the same idiots that talk about almost interceptions and rank Brady higher than Mahomes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:39 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
I agree with Halfcan!!! Pressure is an easily manipulated stat. What is considered a "pressure?" I never heard of the stat until a few years ago anyway. It's like getting an award for almost tackling someone!!!!

Close, but no cigar!
Can you imagine if they had stupid made up shit like "pressures" and "almost interceptions" back in the day?

DT and Reggie White would get a "pressure" on every play-LOL

Reggie with 3 sacks and 20 Pressures today!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:06 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
It is a Made Up stat, dipshit9 - It was invented by PFF.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-imp...ll-about-sacks

It is Subjective to interpretation by so-called "experts" while a sack is an official stat called by a referee.

PFF are the same idiots that talk about almost interceptions and rank Brady higher than Mahomes.
Just FYI but pressures aren't just measured by PFF, they didn't "invent" the QB pressure. They certainly have their own measure of them but other places track them as well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:46 PM 11-27-2020
I just read an article a couple days ago about how the Raiders negated a lot of possible blitz packages by their success rate on second down, which was something like 61%.

This kept the Raiders ahead of the sticks and effectively kept Spags from dialing up much in the way of pressure/blitz packages for most of the game. Which is pretty much what I saw during the game.

In essence, we didn't see a lot of favorable down-and-distance snaps because the Raiders were either able to convert on second down or have mostly 3rd-and-shorts. Not where our defense does its best work.

We need to see the defense control first and second down, if we want to see those flashy sacks on 3rd. In their defense, they kept the Raiders run game under control, allowing something like 3.5 yards/carry vs. the Raiders run game, but then couldn't keep Waller under control on second down. But Waller is a beast, and neither our LBs nor DBs match up very well at all against that guy. But no secondary does well against Waller, so I'm not inclined to ding our guys too much over that.

I don't see anything scary about the Bucs run game, so I think the game against the Bucs will really be about keeping Gronk from lighting up our secondary. If they can keep a lid on Gronk, I'll take my chances with Spags pressure packages vs. Brady.

Coach Spags, btw, was the DC that made Brady deliver his worst Super Bowl performance; the season in which he led the Pats to a 16-0 record: 29/48, 266 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 82.5 Passer Rating, 1 Fumble Lost.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:10 PM 11-27-2020
Brady’s kryptonite is pressure & hits.

Without those he will look like 6-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady....with it...Ryan Leaf.

I expect another slow start by the defense with the halftime score of 21-21....Chiefs exert more pressure in the 2nd half & end up winning 42-31.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up