ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Should the Dallas and Detroit tradition be abandoned
Get rid of this stinker 85 70.83%
It’s a wonderful tradition we should keep 29 24.17%
I don’t know why the Gaz tradition lives on 6 5.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the traditional Thanksgiving games be abandoned?
Bob Dole 08:39 AM 11-26-2020
I think it’s past time to let this Cowboys/Lions Thanksgiving monopoly go to the NFL Films archive.

What day ye?

Poll on the way.
[Reply]
loochy 08:47 AM 11-26-2020
Yes. Maybe always have the super bowl champ in action or something.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:47 AM 11-26-2020
100% get rid of those 2 shitbag teams and give us someone where actually want to watch.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:54 AM 11-26-2020
The NBA normally picks really interesting games for Christmas Day. I don’t see why the NFL shouldn’t do the same with Thanksgiving.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:02 AM 11-26-2020
its become a tradition to watch the cowgirls and lions lose a game over turkey dinner

I hate both those teams so fuck them and this tradition
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:09 AM 11-26-2020
I was actually thinking this exact thing the other day. Nobody wants to see the Lions unless they live in Detroit. They need to go to a 4 game schedule with a game starting at 9AM
Then they need to select 4 divisional matchups . They can start with the Chiefs/Raiders for the next 5 years and go from there.

I'm not a big fan of the Cowboys but they should be turning the corner with a healthy Prescot and McCarthy getting into year 2-3-4 so I'd be OK with keeping them as long as they're playing the best divisional opponent.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:12 AM 11-26-2020
I’m generally indifferent. I’d like to see the Chiefs play on Thanksgiving soon cause it’s been so long, but I would never want it to be like an annual or even every other year type of deal.

It’s nice to just have football on in general and if the game is good on paper, that’s gravy for me.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:17 AM 11-26-2020
My favorite Thanksgiving ever was the one the Chiefs played the Broncos. Wasn't that the Elway/Montana game???
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 09:27 AM 11-26-2020
Absolutely. It is not in the best interest of the league to always have the same two teams represented. It’s even worse that they have been largely irrelevant (lately - Dallas / a king time - Detroit). The games should freely rotate to all teams. The only tradition I associate with Thanksgiving football is Detroit losing and Dallas being overhyped. These are likely not the memories the NFL wished to impart to me.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:27 AM 11-26-2020
They gave us a T-day night game so stop whining.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:30 AM 11-26-2020
I think if you wanna make the argument that it needs changed, it’s for the casual viewer.

If the NFL wanted to really build upon their more serious fan base, you put guys like Mahomes, Murray, Watson, Wilson, etc. on Thanksgiving every year.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:31 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
My favorite Thanksgiving ever was the one the Chiefs played the Broncos. Wasn't that the Elway/Montana game???
No. Monday night game.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:33 AM 11-26-2020
This is partially why a 3rd game was added in 2006. Which the Chiefs played in.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:38 AM 11-26-2020
if the NFL is really about parity and fairness, then they should do a round robin of games instead of ensuring Dallas and Detroit get home games on a short week. Just seems to be an unfair advantage for those two team to never have to travel.

Why not change things up and do a Sunday/Monday/Tuesday roundup? Thursday games are not good for the players and most of the time end up being non-competative.
[Reply]
alanm 09:40 AM 11-26-2020
I voted yes but I really don't mind watching Detroit. It's about the only time the fans are reminded that Detroit has a team. It's the Cowboys game I really hate. Who the fuck invited them to horn in on the Thanksgiving game? For some reason I only remember Detroit being the main team on Thanksgiving despite Dallas playing on turkey day since 1966. You can leave Detroit on but the other games should be rotated.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up