ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ravens/ Steelers moving to [Wednesday? Maybe? WTF knows?]
cmh6476 12:02 PM 11-25-2020
poster boy Lamar must have tested positive

The #Ravens-#Steelers game previously set for Thursday night is being postponed to Sunday afternoon. The first in several weeks.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 25, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 PM 11-26-2020
Figure it out and play the damn game.

The NFL needs to stop playing around with the schedule.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:55 PM 11-26-2020
steeler fans having a cow

Welp, it appears the #Steelers won't play on Sunday against the Ravens. Ravens not allowed back into their facility until Monday at the earliest. The Ravens should be forced to forfeit and the Steelers would be paid in that event.

— SteelerNation (@SteeIerNation) November 27, 2020

After seeing all the COVID cases with the Ravens, it only makes sense for them to forfeit. The soonest the game can be played now is Tuesday and that be extremely unfair to Pittsburgh

— Aaron Marrie (@Aaron4012) November 27, 2020

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:06 PM 11-26-2020
They really should have already built in a week on the backend of the season to accommodate this regardless. If they can’t play because of an active outbreak then move it. I don’t understand the need to lose the bye in such an event — just move it and start the playoffs a week later.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:07 PM 11-26-2020
You can’t force the Ravens to forfeit. There’s no precedent for that. If the Titans didn’t have to forfeit, why should the Ravens?

The game will either be played Tuesday, or they will postpone and do the 8 team playoffs.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:07 PM 11-26-2020
I am sure Tomlin is having a temper tantrum
[Reply]
staylor26 10:09 PM 11-26-2020
It’s a bad break. The Steelers can bitch all they want, but just like their good luck with the schedule, they’ve had bad luck with outbreaks on the opposing team.
[Reply]
Redbled 10:26 PM 11-26-2020
The teams have known the bye may not be a thing for a while now.
[Reply]
tk13 10:26 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Figure it out and play the damn game.

The NFL needs to stop playing around with the schedule.
This was always going to be a reality when you're trying to fight a virus that can take 10+ days to show up. That's the entire challenge of dealing with this virus in the first place, it doesn't move quickly. When they decided they were going to give it a go, this is the reality they accepted. It's honestly an achievement they've made it as long as they have and not had to totally butcher the schedule.

Titans had positive tests on and off for two weeks. Which as we all know by now is about normal. There's just no way you can put the Ravens together on a plane to Pittsburgh right now. You risk making it worse and affecting the schedule even more.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:35 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You can’t force the Ravens to forfeit. There’s no precedent for that. If the Titans didn’t have to forfeit, why should the Ravens?

The game will either be played Tuesday, or they will postpone and do the 8 team playoffs.
I say play the game no later than the early kickoff on Monday, like the Chiefs game, and it's the Ravens responsibility to field a team and to show up and play. If the Ravens decline to play, then it's a forfeit.

I understand moving games, but playing the game on Tuesday would almost give the Ravens an extra week to get ready for what should have been a game played on Thursday.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:36 PM 11-26-2020
I mean if they all are really infected with the virus then they won't be able to play next week either.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I say play the game no later than the early kickoff on Monday, like the Chiefs game, and it's the Ravens responsibility to field a team and to show up and play. If the Ravens decline to play, then it's a forfeit.

I understand moving games, but playing the game on Tuesday would almost give the Ravens an extra week to get ready for what should have been a game played on Thursday.

It also gives the Steelers all that extra time too though. It’s not like one team got extra time and the other didn’t.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:45 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It also gives the Steelers all that extra time too though. It’s not like one team got extra time and the other didn’t.
Yeah, but this would be the second time that Pittsburgh had an opponent who couldn't control their COVID crap.

I hate the Steelers, but unless their bye is week 13, they shouldn't be forced to play on Tuesday, forcing them to lose 1 or 2 days of game prep just because the Ravens have players who tested Positive. The Steelers were going to 9 days between games, and playing Tuesday would give them only 5 days between games.

Ultimately, screw the Steelers, but I know that I would be pissed that our team got jerked around like that, especially because we have our COVID-19 shit under control.

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:48 PM 11-26-2020
I think the NFL has said if they have to extend the season, they will do away with the #1 seed bye and add one team to the playoffs.

Which would triple fuck the Steelers. HAH!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:03 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think the NFL has said if they have to extend the season, they will do away with the #1 seed bye and add one team to the playoffs.

Which would triple fuck the Steelers. HAH!
If we don’t get the 1 seed, then this is the second best scenario. It would be hilarious honestly.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:06 PM 11-26-2020
I've been assuming we're probably not going to get the #1 seed. We pretty much have to win out and we have a tough schedule.

Ravens are (were) the toughest team the Steelers face. Colts and Bills might get one win between the two of them.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up