ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bears declining Mitchell Trubisky's fifth-year option
alanm 04:41 PM 05-02-2020
http://http://www.nfl.com/news/story...fthyear-option

WOW!! Bears are turning the page after 3 yrs. :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:32 PM 05-02-2020
Couldn't take Marino. He cussed when the WRs dropped passes during his workout and Blackledge wore a suit to his meeting.
[Reply]
chinaski 06:35 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I remember that, total fuggin burn. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:41 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I remember that, total fuggin burn. :-)
Chief Fan complained about that as well. It's just Pat being Pat.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:59 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I do. Nick foles is a baller.

Me too.. I’d much rather have Foles thanTrubisky or Cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:14 PM 05-02-2020
But....but all the draft gurus swore he was the most pro-ready QB in the draft! How can this BE?

LOL.

Hey Mitch, come on over and back up Mahomes, see how it's done for awhile. Andy'll flip you for a #2 in a year or two.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:16 PM 05-02-2020
Anyway, Big Dick Nick will have the Bears back in the play-offs.
[Reply]
Bewbies 07:19 PM 05-02-2020
It’s kind of shocking Mahomes AND Watson went behind so many guys who didn’t get their 5th year options picked up....
[Reply]
scho63 07:23 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This still isn't as bad as the Chiefs taking Todd Blackledge over Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Tony Eason and Ken O'Brien.
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Shut up and read the history. Todd was the right pick according to everyone. He was thought very highly.

Either you're too young to truly remember or you're just really old and your forgetting but either way, Dane is right and you're wrong.

The only one that people had doubts on was Marino because his strange throwing style and release.

And of course Horseface Elway went first and we couldn't have taken him anyway.

We also passed up on Bruce Matthews, Terry Kinnard, Willie Gault, Mike Pitts, Jim Jeffcoat, Gary Anderson, Gill Byrd, Don Mosebar, Darryl Green, Joey Browner.

The pick that year SUCKED BALLS as one of, if not the worst pick in Chiefs history because not only did Blackledge sucked cock, but it scared the Chiefs for nearly 40 years from ever drafting a QB in the 1st round again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
It’s kind of shocking Mahomes AND Watson went behind so many guys who didn’t get their 5th year options picked up....
this is why you don't get too bent out of shape about the draft or player positioning in the draft.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:35 PM 05-02-2020
Lever for Trevor?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:35 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Either you're too young to truly remember or you're just really old and your forgetting but either way, Dane is right and you're wrong.

The only one that people had doubts on was Marino because his strange throwing style and release.

We also passed up on Bruce Matthews, Terry Kinnard, Willie Gault, Mike Pitts, Jim Jeffcoat, Gary Anderson, Gill Byrd, Don Mosebar, Darryl Green, Joey Browner.

The pick that year SUCKED BALLS as one of, if not the worst pick in Chiefs history because not only did Blackledge sucked cock, but it scared the Chiefs for nearly 40 years from ever drafting a QB in the 1st round again.
And threw the franchise into the QB abyss for like 7 more years, and what may have been worse overall, having the unfortunate side effect of bringing in the 49er castoff QB cavalcade, starting with DeBerg, then Montana, Bono, Grbac, and ending (mercifully) with Alex.

Terrible pick. Blackledge was literally worse than every other QB taken in the 1983 1st round, and worse than probably 25 players in the 1983 1st round. You simply couldn't have made a worse pick that flatlined the organization for almost a decade.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:38 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
These are the types of things that cost GMs their jobs.
I don't understand how Pace still has a job. Hell, not only that, but he doesn't even appear to be on the hot seat. He must have primo dirt on old lady McCaskey. Nothing else makes sense.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:14 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Couldn't take Marino. He cussed when the WRs dropped passes during his workout and Blackledge wore a suit to his meeting.
I thought it was because of his coke habit in college.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:15 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:

Thought there were rumors of drug use by pick #27.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:40 PM 05-02-2020
Seems like a lot of busts in the Top 10 of that 2017 Draft.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up