ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 207
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
frozenchief 09:05 PM 10-02-2020
Recent pickups:

18 year old Macallan.
Wild Turkey Forgiven
Woodinville (did well in a taste test and bourbon guy at liquor store said I should try it)
Blanton’s

Blanton’s isn’t here often so whenever I see it, I grab a bottle
[Reply]
Pablo 06:40 PM 10-03-2020
Great job lew. Hits every note I want and barely crept over that 50 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lewdog 07:08 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Great job lew. Hits every note I want and barely crept over that 50 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My FAVORITE easy to locate bottle. Love it’s cherry notes and the high proof!

Shhhh..... don’t tell anyone!
[Reply]
phisherman 07:19 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Recent pickups:

18 year old Macallan.
Wild Turkey Forgiven
Woodinville (did well in a taste test and bourbon guy at liquor store said I should try it)
Blanton’s

Blanton’s isn’t here often so whenever I see it, I grab a bottle
I can't rationalize paying Macallan prices anymore. Macallan 18 is running $280-300 lately and that's just insane. There are WAY better 18 year old single malts out there for half the price. Macallan has become the Bose of single malts.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:20 PM 10-03-2020
Glendronach 18 is far superior at $150 a bottle.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:40 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My FAVORITE easy to locate bottle. Love it’s cherry notes and the high proof!

Shhhh..... don’t tell anyone!
Stopped myself after a couple because it was hitting like a ton of bricks and I've gotta stay up late and beat the shit outta my wife at MarioKart.

Had to go to something lower proof in vodka/cran.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:42 PM 10-03-2020
Yeah that EW single barrell grew on me about the 3rd or 4th pour. Pretty smooth for a 35 dollar bottle too.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 04:53 AM 10-04-2020
I tried out the Midnight Ritual last night. Partnership with Boulevard and Foundry. It was nice. Picked up a black label of High West Double Rye. It’s their limited release. I haven’t had their Double Rye before, but have had their Yippee Ki-yay series and MWND(which incidentally has made its way to KC again...only to be smoked in a matter of hours). HW also has a black label of American Prairie, but didn’t get it for same reason...hadn’t tried it. Not bad, $60 but anyone else given it a whirl?
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:00 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I can't rationalize paying Macallan prices anymore. Macallan 18 is running $280-300 lately and that's just insane. There are WAY better 18 year old single malts out there for half the price. Macallan has become the Bose of single malts.
Didn’t say I bought the Macallan. Was given to me by a friend.
[Reply]
kstater 07:04 PM 10-04-2020
Made an old fashioned with Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye. While I wasn’t a huge fan of the bottle when first tried it a while back by itself, this drink is pretty tasty.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:50 PM 10-04-2020
Didn’t say I bought the Macallan. Was given to me by a friend.
Good point.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:16 PM 10-05-2020
Just broke into a bottle of Devil's River bourbon that is 90 proof

Interesting nose Peppery, vanilla. Caramel sipping kinda hot with a smooth finish. Not aged long enough but it is a new distillery.

I'll chime in again after a few.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:51 PM 10-06-2020
I mentioned that I recently picked up a bottle of the Woodinville Bourbon Whiskey. I admit I was skeptical. It’s from Woodinville, WA. Not exactly a hot bed of bourbon, I understand.

But I have to say that it’s excellent. Long finish. Very smooth. On the palate it presents with caramel and vanilla notes as might be expected. However, it has a creaminess, for lack of a better word, that is quite rare. Similar to smoking a Cohiba. Also shows strong honeyed floral notes. The char is light but noticeable. The char does not overwhelm but instead brings other flavors together and intensifies them, much like salt with meat.

Anyway, I am going to be grabbing another bottle or two shortly. For more info, here’s the website:

https://www.woodinvillewhiskeyco.com...urbon-whiskey/

It’s about $35 or so in my neighborhood so it hardly breaks the bank. If anybody on here comes across it and tries it, let me know what you think.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:44 PM 10-07-2020
Tell me that it lives up to this review
https://www.breakingbourbon.com/revi...raight-bourbon

then read this review of what I drank over the weekend

https://flaviar.com/devils-river-whi...-notes-reviews

Think ones worth $15-20 buck more than the other?

To me. Devil's a great whiskey... if not trying to impress someone, wouldn't buy it at retail price point.

I mentioned that I recently picked up a bottle of the Woodinville Bourbon Whiskey. I admit I was skeptical. It’s from Woodinville, WA. Not exactly a hot bed of bourbon, I understand.

But I have to say that it’s excellent. Long finish. Very smooth. On the palate it presents with caramel and vanilla notes as might be expected. However, it has a creaminess, for lack of a better word, that is quite rare. Similar to smoking a Cohiba. Also shows strong honeyed floral notes. The char is light but noticeable. The char does not overwhelm but instead brings other flavors together and intensifies them, much like salt with meat.

Anyway, I am going to be grabbing another bottle or two shortly. For more info, here’s the website:

It’s about $35 or so in my neighborhood so it hardly breaks the bank. If anybody on here comes across it and tries it, let me know what you think.

[Reply]
A8bil 03:31 PM 10-07-2020

+1 on Woodinville. Try their cask strength. It's really a nice whiskey in my view.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 207
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Up